X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northwest Missouri State Univ Carl & Cheryl Hughes Fieldhouse

Originally posted by CatsBy90 View Post
    Same with me.

The facility is pretty nice. 70x50 yard field. 300m track. Don't have much to compare it to, I haven't been in the MoWest facility in a long time. It will be beneficial for all the athletic programs and a great add for the community. One thing I was unaware of that they mentioned at the grand opening is that the fundraising for the building included utilities and maintenance costs for years to come. It sounded like it wouldn't cut into the University budget.
    Pitt State's is very similar. They have their locker room and weight room as part of their facility and NW has classrooms. MW is a full sized football field. MW's partner was the Chiefs in building there facility, for NW the city was also a partner so they were designed to also help bring people into Maryville to spend money on food and hotel rooms. Not sure about how much that played into what Pitt State did.

When MW rents out their facility for indoor softball tournaments they have two separate tournaments each weekend, there isn't much staying overnight, it doesn't appear they really weren't helping out local businesses as much as they could have.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
      Ours wasn't given to us by the Chefs.
      The Chefs were cooking up something real good in St. Joseph
      Roll Chos!

Comment

Pitt was done via private donation, but booking future events like the D2 indoor T and F championship was a part of the goal/justification for the building.

I think they are hosting the JuCo championship and a youth championship there this year, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
          Pitt was done via private donation, but booking future events like the D2 indoor T and F championship was a part of the goal/justification for the building.

I think they are hosting the JuCo championship and a youth championship there this year, too.
          If you consider $5 million from the City of Pittsburg and a 1% increase in transient hotel guest tax from Crawford County private donations. It wasn't all done with private funds that were donated specifically for the Plaster Center. Honestly I don't know if anyone in D2 has the donors with the pockets to fund a $10 million+ building without some kind of help from a local taxing agency.
          Don't get me wrong - that is a good thing and shows a commitment from the leadership of the city and county towards Pitt State.

Comment

I forgot about the 5 mil from the city.

Sounds like the event side is paying off, though?
            https://news.pittstate.edu/2018/08/s...l#.W8ZRC3tKhhE

Comment

Seems like a good investment for school and City. NW will probably be glad they added it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtedBearcat View Post
                I posted them from Google photos the same way I due from Google images online. I guess it is too complicated for me to figure out.
                I looked at the code on your post. If you post using the [IMG] tags what comes between it should end in .jpg or another type of picture file. You've essentially put a website address in there instead of the location of a picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                  I forgot about the 5 mil from the city.

Sounds like the event side is paying off, though?
                  https://news.pittstate.edu/2018/08/s...l#.W8ZRC3tKhhE
                  I thought I had heard the city helped out. Those are some pretty impressive numbers and they have been growing. I would imagine Maryville is hoping for some similar type numbers. It certainly appears to help out the school, the city and a lot of businesses. Lodging up 56.7% has to be a key number in all of those. People staying the night end up spending some decent amounts of cash while they're in town.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                    I looked at the code on your post. If you post using the [IMG] tags what comes between it should end in .jpg or another type of picture file. You've essentially put a website address in there instead of the location of a picture.
                    Since I have to use the URL, I am not sure how else to do it. From my GooglePhotos, they are set as .jpg files. I am not sure any other way to upload them.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X