Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Returning QB's

I knew VanDever and Scott weren't actually QBs but kind of put in an emergency to play the position - I didn't think they'd be QBs this year but surprised they aren't on the team at all.

Comment

Originally posted by LeoTheLion View Post
      I would think Max Meylor would be in the mix as well, no? Saw limited action last year as 2nd string.
      I would imagine he's in the mix, yes I agree!
      Cool Story Bro

Comment

Braxton Marstall is a three year starter for ESU. Overall he's 18-7 as a starter for the Hornets and the only returning QB in the MIAA with a playoff win. And it wasn't a game manager type playoff win - he threw for 481 yards in the win against UMD in 2016. Plus he's got five of his top six receivers back from last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman View Post
          Bolles III for Central. Best QB in the conference. DL play will determine if Central will win the conference.
          I'm gonna play the mule and say I'll believe it when I see it on the conf champ deal. Bolles was pretty impressive when I saw him last season, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
            I'm gonna play the mule and say I'll believe it when I see it on the conf champ deal. Bolles was pretty impressive when I saw him last season, though.
            UCM @ Hays week 1. Should be a good test.

Comment

I don't think we have a returning QB, but I think our starting QB could be playing wide receiver by week 5 or 6. At least that's been the trend for us the past few seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaBearcat View Post
                IMO, it's too bad a game this big is week 1. Two of the four teams that I think could make real noise within and without the conference this year and one will really feel way behind the 8 ball before Labor Day.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornetfan View Post
                  Braxton Marstall is a three year starter for ESU. Overall he's 18-7 as a starter for the Hornets and the only returning QB in the MIAA with a playoff win. And it wasn't a game manager type playoff win - he threw for 481 yards in the win against UMD in 2016. Plus he's got five of his top six receivers back from last year.
                  Returning SR QB Marstall
                  Returning SR RB Nault
                  Returning SR WR Brown

Emporia is going to be gooooooood on offense

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                    Yeah NW looks stacked at RB. Do they return a lot of OL?
                    That OL was..... well

Comment

Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post
                      Returning SR QB Marstall
                      Returning SR RB Nault
                      Returning SR WR Brown

Emporia is going to be gooooooood on offense
                      Also return SR s-back Denzel Strong, SR WR Jordan Reed, SR WR Jordan Jackson, SR WR Tyler Harris, 4th year JR RB Kai Callins...the skill positions are pretty loaded. O-Line will be young, with only two seniors neither of whom has started a game. They do have two really good junior tackles in Estevan Arana and Steve Williams that both have a lot of starting experience, but the rest will be young.

Comment

Originally posted by catz54 View Post
                        For NW (only team I know about this year)

We aren't returning either kid that played last year. Who will start is the big question of the year. Whomever will have lots of support around him on the offensive side. One of either Wright, Kowalski, or Brannan. Wright and Brannan can both run. Apparently, the freshman QB from Illinois could make some noise, but i have never seen a True Freshman that could start for Northwest at QB and I don't think this year will be an exception.

Comment

Well I think we have talent, just have to settle on one. All of them are also young, which traditionally has been a struggle in the system. However today's game is different. Younger kids are learning more at a young age and have the ability to grasp concepts quicker. It's hard to quantify. It's not that kids are smarter now, it's just that more and more they are exposed to various concepts younger and come in so much more highly skilled.

For instance, my high school when I was there ran basic power football with some passing. Lots of iso, QB lead and occasional counters. Now that same high school is incorporating zone read concepts with RPOs, option routes and allowing the QB to change the play at the line some. All of that was unheard of when I was in high school.

Comment

Originally posted by catz54 View Post
                            Well I think we have talent, just have to settle on one. All of them are also young, which traditionally has been a struggle in the system. However today's game is different. Younger kids are learning more at a young age and have the ability to grasp concepts quicker. It's hard to quantify. It's not that kids are smarter now, it's just that more and more they are exposed to various concepts younger and come in so much more highly skilled.

For instance, my high school when I was there ran basic power football with some passing. Lots of iso, QB lead and occasional counters. Now that same high school is incorporating zone read concepts with RPOs, option routes and allowing the QB to change the play at the line some. All of that was unheard of when I was in high school.
                            When I was in high school it was leather helmets, no facemasks :)

Comment

Originally posted by IowaBearcat View Post
                              Absolutely! That first game will be a good indicator of how Central's season will go.

Comment

Originally posted by UCMfootballdad View Post
                                Absolutely! That first game will be a good indicator of how Central's season will go.
                                Poor Central seems to have started with tough games the last 10 years straight or so. No MSSU or NSU in sight for you guys.

It seems like you had the top 3 teams the first 3 games most of those years.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X