Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: F U Sporting

Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post
    That apparently didnt matter to them either...outside of last years playoff snafu by the MIAA...if they were looking at this year, NW Mo and FHSU are likely contenders to be in KC to give them the best chance to fill up.
    Go Bearcats!
    M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by 989909 View Post
      Part of Sporting KC motto is "For the City." Time to find a new motto.
      I think that is from Foghat's "Fool For The City".

Not a classy move to pull out this late.

Comment

Wow. If it's not in KC I vote for Dallas or one of its suburbs of they want it.

Comment

The Star in Frisco or West Florida's field in Pensacola. Seating would be tight in WF though especially if any teams from the GSC made the final.

Comment

Comment

The Star is used for high school football games weekly in Frisco as well. It is a beautiful indoor facility. The FCS championship game is held at Toyota Field in Frisco (an outdoor soccer venue, home of FC Dallas) in January. We also have two high school stadiums, Allen (18,000 seats) and McKinney (12,000 seats) that would be excellent locations.

Allen https://www.allenisd.org/Page/22234
              McKinney https://texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=1755
              Frisco - The Star https://www.thestarinfrisco.com/ford-center

DFW has had a lot of amenities to offer... not to mention a huge number of football fans...

(Allen will likely not be available. The NCAA DII championship info packet requires exclusive access for a full week before the game. Allen will still be using the facility in preparation for the semifinals and finals)

High School playoffs are still in full swing on December 15th. That might have an impact of the venue availability. The state finals are the following week at AT&T Stadium (or Jerry Jones' place...).
              Last edited by Bytor; 09-04-2018, 10:31 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

There are no perfect alternatives.
                1) Sporting is a beautiful facility but not for mid-December games.
                2) Ideally game is within an hour of a major airport
                3) Local attendance/interest will always be meh if a team that is somewhat local is not involved (has the championship game ever drawn more than 8k?
                4) Major metro areas provides plusses and minuses. More to do, more hotel rooms, less of a big deal to the local population, especially one with pro and major D1 football schools.

Comment

Plaster Stadium at Missouri State in Springfield could work. Bigger town with stuff to do. Not far from Branson also.

Comment

I'm wondering if Sporting is about to lose their major sponsor in Ivy Investments and need to shed events while using the renovations as a guise. The parent company of Ivy, Waddell & Reed, has been struggling for years now and in the last two weeks they lost 3 advisor teams that produced $5.2 million in revenue annually. Four years ago when they signed the sponsorship contract W&R had $136 billion in assets, its less than $80 billion today. Their is heavy speculation the firm is for sale.
                    Ivy pays $2+ million a year to Sporting and the contract goes until 2022. If that goes up in smoke and you have to go find another sponsor you can't afford a money losing event like D2 Championship. Get the renovations started as soon as possible because in January 2019 a certain revenue source may not be there.

Comment

I wonder what kind of backdoor they put in the contract that allows the stadium to pull out on such short notice.

Comment

Topeka

1)
                        Two nice stadiums to chose from
                        2) Hour from major airport
                        3) Major highways
                        4) Lots of hotel rooms, restaurants
                        5) Total commitment of community
                        6) Centrally located in the MIAA
                        7) Weather can go either way that time of year, sunny or snowy

Comment

Originally posted by Erbert View Post
                          What about Cessna/Wichita?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I'm at Cessna Stadium every year at the state track meet, and I have to say no. While it's the perfect size, and location, the stadium itself is in need of major renovations. WSU is letting it fall apart. In the last 10 years the amount of obvious rust, and paint chipping away has became really bad. If they don't start putting money into it soon, it's going to fall apart

Comment

https://youtu.be/kaJL052qt2s
                            Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

Outdoor facility in Little Rock, Arkansas. Would be in the area Brandon talks about.
                              https://www.wmstadium.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                                I wonder what kind of backdoor they put in the contract that allows the stadium to pull out on such short notice.
                                What a total "D" move by Sporting KC...So delaying construction of a new field by a month is going to hurt those skirt wearing sissies...jeez...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X