Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: F U Sporting

I heard the Rams took their turf with them to CA. Is that true? I know the MO State FB games are no longer there.

Comment

I agree with you as you see in post#44. The one thing I think that may stop War Memorial as a perfect match, is the HS state championships that are played there. Around the same time as the NC. It still may be an option and as you mentioned that the LR TD club having the HH trophy presentation. Airport, Major Interstate, hotels etc.... LR has most AR D2 schools really close ( within 1.5 hours ).

Comment

The stadium is obviously very large, that would be the main drawback for a DII perspective. The fact that the Harlon Hill trophy presentation is already there is a plus, so they could be reunited again. However, just looking at least years schedule, there was at least one class that played their high school championship there on the 15th and a couple of others the weekend before. It just depends on when the NCAA wants in.

Comment

That would be a good venue as well.

Comment

I don't know that keeping it local matters to the NCAA. In 2008 the NCAA cancelled the D2 baseball contract with Montgomery, AL at roughly the same time as this (right as the season was starting). The baseball tournament that year was held in Sauget, IL in the St Louis area.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
              What a total "D" move by Sporting KC...So delaying construction of a new field by a month is going to hurt those skirt wearing sissies...jeez...
              IDK about all that, but I wanna hire their lawyer. He's slick AF!

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post
                Do you mean in Ford Field and Lucas Oil? If so, that's fine, but I'm not anticipating a lot of NFL venues having a ton of interest. If not those stadiums, I'm unaware of what other indoor stadiums are available. It's not the quality or size of the venues that I'm dismissing, it's the weather. This game isn't going north for an outdoor stadium after the weather debacle that KC had in 2016. What are the central-ish dome stadiums available? UNI-Dome in Cedar Falls is interesting, but kind of middle of nowhere.

Comment

But weather can be an issue just about anywhere. It's just a crap shoot. Yes, odds can be a bit better further south, but it's no guarantee. Freak storms do happen. They did in Florence, they did in KC. Not to mention, look at all the weather that impacted the semi's over the years. And I continue to strongly believe that flying in isn't the issue for most... ability to drive in a day or so is.

Indy and Detroit weather in December is typically benign, but I will admit that a storm is always possible. But Ford field does host a bowl game and the MAC championship every December. Adding in the D2 championship would be pretty simple for them. Like I mentioned a few posts above (I think it was this thread, there are a bunch of them.) Detroit has put on numerous sporting events and the area does love their sports. I'll be clear though, I'm not saying that there would be a great turnout for the game. It would have as better than most chance as any location though.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
                    But weather can be an issue just about anywhere. It's just a crap shoot. Yes, odds can be a bit better further south, but it's no guarantee. Freak storms do happen. They did in Florence, they did in KC. Not to mention, look at all the weather that impacted the semi's over the years. And I continue to strongly believe that flying in isn't the issue for most... ability to drive in a day or so is.

Indy and Detroit weather in December is typically benign, but I will admit that a storm is always possible. But Ford field does host a bowl game and the MAC championship every December. Adding in the D2 championship would be pretty simple for them. Like I mentioned a few posts above (I think it was this thread, there are a bunch of them.) Detroit has put on numerous sporting events and the area does love their sports. I'll be clear though, I'm not saying that there would be a great turnout for the game. It would have as better than most chance as any location though.
                    I completely agree on the flying aspect. It just isn't the way the majority of fans come to the games. Maybe I'm underestimating, but I'm betting that out of a crowd of 7500 people, no more than 500 fly. I also agree the weather can be an issue anywhere, and again, the fact that people don't fly is why it can be a problem. When fans have to travel several hundred miles (or more), the departure site and destination may be fine, but anything can happen in between (I know you are full aware of this from your 2007 trip).

Comment

McKinney Texas' 70 million dollar stadium?
                      https://www.fox4news.com/news/356564156-video

Comment

Very disappointing to see Sporting pull out of this right at the start of the season. Really puts the NCAA and the D2 world in a bind. Frisco would be my ideal location as it has been a great host to the FCS championship.
                        UNK Loper Football - 32 Conference Titles, 5 NCAA Playoff Appearances, 2 Harlon Hill Runner-Ups

Comment

Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post
                          Cedar Falls, IA was where the D2 wrestling championships were held this last winter. UNI-Dome is a nice facility and Cedar Falls itself has a lot of restaurants/hotels/airport. And it's a dome for the weather, capacity 16,000 and fairly centrally located
                          I'd be okay with UNI, Quincy, or Western Illinois.

Comment

Originally posted by codeblack View Post
                            One poster mentioned it earlier but The Star in Frisco would get my vote. 12,000 seats indoors, close to an airport. Very nice facilities.
                            Actually two airports (DFW International and Dallas Love Field), but Jerruh might ask for a king's ransom for the championship game to be played at "Stephen World" in Frisco. However, a good fallback option would be Toyota Stadium, which hosts the 1-AA title game. That experience in hosting title games, plus the city of Frisco's experience with hosting D2 title games (the 2016 men's basketball Elite Eight) might work in their favor should the city and the LSC team up for a bid.
                            Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post
                              Do you mean in Ford Field and Lucas Oil? If so, that's fine, but I'm not anticipating a lot of NFL venues having a ton of interest. If not those stadiums, I'm unaware of what other indoor stadiums are available. It's not the quality or size of the venues that I'm dismissing, it's the weather. This game isn't going north for an outdoor stadium after the weather debacle that KC had in 2016. What are the central-ish dome stadiums available? UNI-Dome in Cedar Falls is interesting, but kind of middle of nowhere.
                              The Colts host the Cowboys on the 16th at Lucas Oil Stadium, so Indy's not an option. The Lions, however, are away that weekend, but Detroit as a host city?
                              Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Might of been said earlier but Missouri State? They won't be using that. Springfield is a fun area.
                                https://missouristatebears.com/sport...plex-html.aspx

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X