• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: F U Sporting

Pretty shocked by this.
    Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Well Pitt has being trying to get this thing for the last 20yrs it seems....I think they even put in a bid last time. Also Thought of Rock Chalk Park in Lawrence (only 3-4 yrs old) but looks like it might be too small 2,500 seats for the soccer field and 7,000 seats for the track. Hope we can keep it in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsix98 View Post
        WAlso Thought of Rock Chalk Park in Lawrence (only 3-4 yrs old) but looks like it might be too small 2,500 seats for the soccer field and 7,000 seats for the track. Hope we can keep it in the area.
        I mean, KU isn't using Memorial Stadium for football. They could use a big crowd by their standards.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsix98 View Post
          Well Pitt has being trying to get this thing for the last 20yrs it seems....I think they even put in a bid last time. Also Thought of Rock Chalk Park in Lawrence (only 3-4 yrs old) but looks like it might be too small 2,500 seats for the soccer field and 7,000 seats for the track. Hope we can keep it in the area.
          I could be wrong but I don't think anyone bid against Sporting this last cycle. They moved the dates way up for that round of bids.
          Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post
            I could be wrong but I don't think anyone bid against Sporting this last cycle. They moved the dates way up for that round of bids.
            You are wrong, and they didn't move the dates up. They were announced well in advance. In fact, the selection announcement for football was delayed about 6 months after all the rest of the selections were made.
            Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

Thinking they pick somewhere south? Probably lots of complaints from the year it snowed. Shame thats the perfect stadium set up

Comment

Hope they pick a place with an airport. Or Pitt State.

Comment

Actually you could use the T-Bones Stadium like sporting did before Children's Mercy

Comment

One poster mentioned it earlier but The Star in Frisco would get my vote. 12,000 seats indoors, close to an airport. Very nice facilities.

Comment

Comment

frisco's ideal. similar setup & warmer.

sporting pulled a dick move but i'm not surprised they wanted out. obv no one's showing up w/o local schools involved.
                        Go Bearcats!
                        M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
                          obv no one's showing up w/o local schools involved.
                          That apparently didnt matter to them either...outside of last years playoff snafu by the MIAA...if they were looking at this year, NW Mo and FHSU are likely contenders to be in KC to give them the best chance to fill up.

Comment

NW could make a bid ... but then everyone would have to wait a week to tear down the goal-posts if they won semis. *smile-big*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

As far as I am concerned, England can have Sporting KC crap bags and leave the Stadium

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
                                As far as I am concerned, England can have Sporting KC crap bags and leave the Stadium
                                I think this point needs to be hammered home more. I know BearcatDude is doing so on the National board, but I don't think it can be understated how cruddy of a move this is by Sporting KC. This hits home for us being from the KC area. Someone previously talked about the chest pounders from the MIAA and KC area. I am one of those chest pounders and am super proud of both. This is embarrassing for our city. Not only is Sporting backing out of a commitment for 4 years, they are doing so on a whim and leaving the NCAA hanging with 3 months to go for A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!!! Why would the NCAA give Kansas City anything in the near future? Forget about any future regions or final 4's at Sprint Center... much less National Championships in some of the Olympic Sports.

Also, the MLS Cup Final is December 8th. It's not impossible for Sporting KC to host that game. The National Championship is December 15th. You're telling me you can't wait 1 week to start renovations?!?!?!?!?! What a joke.

Even if you want to back out of the next 3 years for some of the reasons listed above, you don't leave the NCAA hanging. Part of Sporting KC motto is "For the City." Time to find a new motto.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X