X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hays at MW Game Thread

Originally posted by Rainy View Post
    Excellent video as always.

I didn't realize that Sundance Wicks was the color man. I'm gong to have to start taking headphones to the stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post
      Thats why they call it building a program, take a historically down team and build it up. Mel did it at NW. You know whl Mel is right? The guy before all the fancy decals and 10 uniforms
      I am not sure if I am familiar with the story of how NW built the program, maybe you can enlighten me. :) You said it was with some guy named Mel?

Comment

Originally posted by catz54 View Post
        Hays has had a lot of down years. in fact, really only one up year in the last 20 and even that year would have been considered "down" by most real contender's standards. It was fun having you around Cinderella. Unfortunately, the clock hit midnight and your horses are rats again.
        Jealousy is such a curse lol

Comment

https://twitter.com/datsderrick/stat...05886533087232

Comment

I am not sure if I am familiar with the story of how NW built the program, maybe you can enlighten me. :) You said it was with some guy named Mel?
            Yes a school threw a ton of money at a coach to build there program. He came and he did it. The school then threw a ton of money for jerseys and stickers, extra adidas stuff to the point that their football budget was laughably larger than the rest of the conf. Basically throw money at it.

Comment

Yes a school threw a ton of money at a coach to build there program. He came and he did it. The school then threw a ton of money for jerseys and stickers, extra adidas stuff to the point that their football budget was laughably larger than the rest of the conf. Basically throw money at it.
              Are you sure that's how it went. :)

Comment

Are you sure that's how it went. :)
                I think it's exactly how it went. Money plays a big factor. Really if u take the coaches out of the rich program they fail. UNK with Lamberson, AD at ACU. Id rather come from what Broyles built at PSU. Schurig has done well Brown has done well.

Comment

I think it's exactly how it went. Money plays a big factor. Really if u take the coaches out of the rich program they fail. UNK with Lamberson, AD at ACU. Id rather come from what Broyles built at PSU. Schurig has done well Brown has done well.
                  I would not call AD a failure at ACU just yet. He has only been there 1 year.

Comment

Svoboda has done well.

Comment

I think this game really showed how being physically better/stronger/faster on the Oline and Dline is significant to any program. Mowest looked like the better team, flat out. But my boys have some studs that will show up soon but gotta have better line play to allow them to flourish. No other way around it. Gotta run the ball to setup the pass, not the other way around

Comment

Kill, Patterson, and Franchione were probably the bigger successes from the Pitt tree.

Comment

Well you were mostly right, but adidas gave a lot of the stuff to NW uniform wise, and then a former player bought some of the jerseys.

They do throw a lot of money at the weight lifting and training program. Which is why they aren't "soft" very often.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                            Svoboda has done well.
                            With UCM resources I would hope so, but team under performs

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                              Svoboda has done well.
                              Yep he bounced up to d1, before coming back. Tatum wasn't as bad as people wanted to make him out to be, he just got stuck at a horrible program. He's did much better at Southern than others have been able to. He's coaching at Sam Houston State now.
                              Last edited by TDs&Beer; 09-07-2018, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Your so dumb, it's almost tragic. Define well? They haven't been fired? Between the two of them they have 2 titles in 10+ years. AD had more National titles then those two have MIAA titles combined.

I know exactly how NW was built. Mel was my coach, I was here when NW turned around. I actually have NC rings. You are just some dumbass who roots for teams we routinely pounded into the ground.

You are just another loser who is anonymous and lies about themselves. It's actually probably the biggest version of a coward there is.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X