Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hays at MW Game Thread

Originally posted by IM N GUD H&NZ BEARCAT View Post
    VEERRRRYYY SAAAAWWWWFFFTT! Sleep number 5 soft on defense.

Comment

Congrats to MoWest! Tough luck hookemherd

Comment

Comment

Just seems like Fort Hayes is missing something...trying to put a finger on it...help me out here.
          Deep threat montero burchfield and a dynamic back like shaq cooper or kenneth iheme

Comment

Originally posted by OICU812 View Post
            Toughness
            Give me a break

Comment

Griffs held Hays to 32 yards rushing forcing Hays to throw a whopping 62 times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                Griffs d looks pretty salty, tbh.
                Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                Mw is a qb away from being a contender.
                Marino actually is better than anything they've has since TP imo. He commands the team and runs it real well. But gets inaccurate. The D has great team speed.

Comment

Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post
                  Give me a break
                  FHSU threw 3 redzone INTs and literally punted 6 yard into the hands of a West Mo player for a TD...that has nothing to do with toughness and everything to do with having fun in the MIAA.

Comment

Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post
                    Give me a break
                    One break, coming up!

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman View Post
                      Marino actually is better than anything they've has since TP imo. He commands the team and runs it real well. But gets inaccurate. The D has great team speed.
                      Marino can be frustrating, but I like the way he carries himself. He seems from the outside to be a good team leader, and even when he's struggling through the air doesn't hang his head as some quarterbacks are prone to do. He is a gifted runner, and made something out of nothing or at least avoided disaster on a few wild snaps.

Comment

Go Bearcats!
                        M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
                          Marino can be frustrating, but I like the way he carries himself. He seems from the outside to be a good team leader, and even when he's struggling through the air doesn't hang his head as some quarterbacks are prone to do. He is a gifted runner, and made something out of nothing or at least avoided disaster on a few wild snaps.
                          Yeah. He can really run. I just think his throwing is far enough away that it will hurt them eventually. He is "jr year zac dickey".

Comment

he doesn't seem like the type to leave after a loss, and why would he? he catches a lot of fish with his hook...myself included at times. ;)

Comment

If you told me we would again complete less than 50 percent of our passes and would have almost 150 yards in penalties, I wouldn't have given us much of a chance. Rainy already pointed out one huge factor: the run defense. Hays got nothing on the ground. Tax mentioned MWSU's speed on defense - they do seem to be able to take away some of the outside stuff that has hurt us in the past. Still gave up some plays downfield, but got the turnovers when they needed them.

The punt game was big - when kicking we netted almost 40 yards per punt, and on returns averaged more than 23 yards and got a late TD to take the 10-point lead.

The Griffon running game is solid. I love Griffith's burst and his wiggle. Marino's skills on the ground help to open up some lanes for the backs too.

I didn't think going in that Hays was really the No. 5 team in the country, but it's a big win in Willy's second year.

Comment

And speaking of penalties - 5 of Hays' first downs came by way of Griffon penalties. That's ... not ideal.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X