Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hays at MW Game Thread

Originally posted by catz54 View Post
    Your so dumb, it's almost tragic. Define well? They haven't been fired? Between the two of them they have 2 titles in 10+ years. AD had more National titles then those two have MIAA titles combined.

I know exactly how NW was built. Mel was my coach, I was here when NW turned around. I actually have NC rings. You are just some dumbass who roots for teams we routinely pounded into the ground.

You are just another loser who is anonymous and lies about themselves. It's actually probably the biggest version of a coward there is.
    Just the facts. Maybe not what you want to hear, but what you need to hear.

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post
      With UCM resources I would hope so, but team under performs
      Hays has an indoor facility, which is more than most teams have. They is also a ton of money in Hays. Maybe if the team hadn't sucked for so many years, they would get some of it.

Comment

Just the facts. Maybe not what you want to hear, but what you need to hear.
        Your trash talk is as week at FT Hays team.

Comment

I certainly wouldn't say Shurig, brown, Svoboda
          or Willie Fritz have done poorly just because they didn't own the MIAA.

Comment

Originally posted by catz54 View Post
            Hays has an indoor facility, which is more than most teams have. They is also a ton of money in Hays. Maybe if the team hadn't sucked for so many years, they would get some of it.
            Built well into Browns career at Hays. Tell me about the money at Hays budget compared to NW fatz54

Comment

Built well into Browns career at Hays. Tell me about the money at Hays budget compared to NW fatz54
              you obviously have no idea what the facilities were like when Mel came to nw. there is a reason it is called the house that mel built, not the house that got mel here.

Comment

It's not as much as you think. FH was 2nd or 3rd in the MIAA in spending and that was when they sucked, hard to tell what it's spending now. This was from the compliance reports that NCAA released.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenman View Post
                  you obviously have no idea what the facilities were like when Mel came to nw. there is a reason it is called the house that mel built, not the house that got mel here.
                  How much did they pay to get Mel there to begin with??

Comment

I have read a ton of times how NW has all the money. Do they pay more assistant coaches, pay them better with it, or what?

I know that's where the SEC cash comes into play in D1. They have coords making near HC pay to keep them around, etc...

Is that what NW does to gain advantage from being the "haves"?

Comment

• Re: Hays at MW Game Thread

Originally posted by TDs&Beer View Post
                      It's not as much as you think. FH was 2nd or 3rd in the MIAA in spending and that was when they sucked, hard to tell what it's spending now. This was from the compliance reports that NCAA released.
                      C'mon who knows the accuracy. Also we are talking football budget

Comment

Serious question BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                          I have read a ton of times how NW has all the money. Do they pay more assistant coaches, pay them better with it, or what?

I know that's where the SEC cash comes into play in D1. They have coords making near HC pay to keep them around, etc...

Is that what NW does to gain advantage from being the "haves"?
                          Part of what people aren't thinking about is how much home playoff games and things like goal posts cost. That adds up. A lot of released report info is from years NW made a run to a NC game or had home playoff games.

I've heard NW assistant coaches do get paid better than most other schools. That's probably why they are able to keep them for long term. At the same time some of that was in the years you had Mel, AD, Wright, and Bostwick. That is some seasoned talent there coaching wise and I imagine the coaching staff costs are less now than back then. Also have to add in the money of scholarships, if you are fully funded (state or out of state monies) and etc.

Comment

I just wondered. THat's the biggst potential advantage I can think of.

I mean everyone has nice facilities, and HC pay seems fairly similar among top programs when I have seen them listed.

Comment

I mean everyone has nice facilities, and HC pay seems fairly similar among top programs when I have seen them listed.
                              When coach Brown came to Hays he gave a pretty lengthy interview about this exact discussion point. In Brown's mind it is all about reputation. That reputation leads to better recruiting. His first goal for Hays was to be able to compete and be consistently competitive with the other Kansas colleges in the MIAA. Then it was to be consistently competitive with the wider MIAA.

So far as Hays has achieved each of those steps the potential in our recruits has improved. North West have the advantage right now because of their reputation. Wanna play football, have a chance to win something. NW is for you.

Comment

Look at number of assistants, gas. Equip staff. Little things that a full time coach doesnt have to bother with. More eyes for breakdowns etc

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X