Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hays at MW Game Thread

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
    If you told me we would again complete less than 50 percent of our passes and would have almost 150 yards in penalties, I wouldn't have given us much of a chance. Rainy already pointed out one huge factor: the run defense. Hays got nothing on the ground. Tax mentioned MWSU's speed on defense - they do seem to be able to take away some of the outside stuff that has hurt us in the past. Still gave up some plays downfield, but got the turnovers when they needed them.

The punt game was big - when kicking we netted almost 40 yards per punt, and on returns averaged more than 23 yards and got a late TD to take the 10-point lead.

The Griffon running game is solid. I love Griffith's burst and his wiggle. Marino's skills on the ground help to open up some lanes for the backs too.

I didn't think going in that Hays was really the No. 5 team in the country, but it's a big win in Willy's second year.
    Defense played really well. Seem to fly around the field. The line on both sides of the ball was really solid too. Dline and scheme Kept the hays qb uncomfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenman View Post
      he doesn't seem like the type to leave after a loss, and why would he? he catches a lot of fish with his hook...myself included at times. ;)
      Go Bearcats!
      M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

It reads like FH is pretty sawft and MW basically just took it too them and broke them down.

Comment

Here are the video highlights. The punt return for a TD was crazy. I heard a thump that sounded like the punt was blocked, but it came a half-second late. I must have heard the line drive hitting Huskey in the chest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMj4wJsH-2I

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
            Here are the video highlights. The punt return for a TD was crazy. I heard a thump that sounded like the punt was blocked, but it came a half-second late. I must have heard the line drive hitting Huskey in the chest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMj4wJsH-2I
            Excellent video as always.

I didn't realize that Sundance Wicks was the color man. I'm gong to have to start taking headphones to the stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by Rainy View Post
              Excellent video as always.

I didn't realize that Sundance Wicks was the color man. I'm gong to have to start taking headphones to the stadium.
              Lol. I didn't hear it either but they talked about wick being in the booth more after the game.

Comment

Championship hangover. They will rebound better after they win the title this year

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post
                  Championship hangover. They will rebound better after they win the title this year
                  Your predictions this year have been as soft as the teams you support.

Talk is cheap, when your weak.

Comment

Originally posted by catz54 View Post
                    Your predictions this year have been as soft as the teams you support.

Talk is cheap, when your weak.
                    That did not rhyme catz. NW only shot at a conf title was if Hays had a down year. Shame you do not want them at their best.

Comment

That did not rhyme catz. NW only shot at a conf title was if Hays had a down year. Shame you do not want them at their best.
                      Hays has had a lot of down years. in fact, really only one up year in the last 20 and even that year would have been considered "down" by most real contender's standards. It was fun having you around Cinderella. Unfortunately, the clock hit midnight and your horses are rats again.

Comment

Sounds like Hays only shot for conf title is if MO worst has a down year.... Better luck next year.....

Comment

I could tell that your typing a bit more sawftly now...
                          IH8FERRIS

Comment

surely you see the irony of this statement...

Comment

Originally posted by IM N GUD H&NZ BEARCAT View Post
                              I could tell that your typing a bit more sawftly now...
                              Type softly carrying big stick

Comment

Originally posted by catz54 View Post
                                Hays has had a lot of down years. in fact, really only one up year in the last 20 and even that year would have been considered "down" by most real contender's standards. It was fun having you around Cinderella. Unfortunately, the clock hit midnight and your horses are rats again.
                                Thats why they call it building a program, take a historically down team and build it up. Mel did it at NW. You know whl Mel is right? The guy before all the fancy decals and 10 uniforms

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X