Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NWMSU vs UCO GAME THREAD

NW defense must be down further than I thought. That UCO offense in week one was inept. The oline couldn't block, the wr couldn't catch and the rb were none existent.

I understand teams improve but that broncho offense was pretty bad and didn't expect to hear all this talk about them putting it to the bearcat defense.

Comment

Originally posted by PSR View Post
      True, but if your defense goes 3 and out you put that same pressure on the other offense.

I know offenses going 3 and out over and over does the defense no favor, but in reality, the defense determines how long "they" are on the field not the offense.
      Defense determines how long they're on the field, but the offense dictates how frequently the defense is on the field.

The last 3 years of Pitt State football ought to turn any Pitt State fan into a big believer that the play of the offense profoundly effects the play of the defense. However, I will say this in an effort at splitting the baby--when a defense is on the field frequently because their offense is scoring really quickly, the way they struggle tends to come in the form of 3 yard runs turning into 7 yard runs and 5 yard completions breaking a tackle and going for 10 yards. The struggles of having a iso'd CB or a deep safety getting beat for a long ball tend to come when a defense is on the field frequently because the offense is struggling.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post
        Defense determines how long they're on the field, but the offense dictates how frequently the defense is on the field.

The last 3 years of Pitt State football ought to turn any Pitt State fan into a big believer that the play of the offense profoundly effects the play of the defense. However, I will say this in an effort at splitting the baby--when a defense is on the field frequently because their offense is scoring really quickly, the way they struggle tends to come in the form of 3 yard runs turning into 7 yard runs and 5 yard completions breaking a tackle and going for 10 yards. The struggles of having a iso'd CB or a deep safety getting beat for a long ball tend to come when a defense is on the field frequently because the offense is struggling.
        Really I'm not arguing against the point of the offense hurting the defense. I understand that. Just as a defense giving up quick scores can put pressure on their offense. But in pure theory the defense only has to play 3 plays then run off the field and sit down. A defense should have the conditioning to do that all game long. Again, in theory.

Comment

NW defense must be down further than I thought. That UCO offense in week one was inept. The oline couldn't block, the wr couldn't catch and the rb were none existent.

I understand teams improve but that broncho offense was pretty bad and didn't expect to hear all this talk about them putting it to the bearcat defense.
          Very susceptible to the pass right now. Gave up 274 through the air tonight plus five penalties by the secondary. Only gave up 2.5 yards per carry tonight and 2.1 ypc on the season.

Comment

NW Offense didn't do their job very well...Run game was decent at times, but QB and WRs were off all night.
            NW Defense didn't do their job very well...Missed tackles by front 7 when crucial stops were needed and DBs continually were beaten.
            NW Coaches didn't do their job very well. Mental prep lacking for road/trap game and bad play calling on both sides of the ball.
            Finger-pointing is a useless attempt to make yourself feel better...At the end of the day, it was a team loss.
            Chos dominated the eyeball test from start to finish...Executed a good game plan and exploited weaknesses.
            Hats off to them...Game wasn't near as close as the final score.
            Didn't get blown out, but at no time after the first quarter did I feel strongly that NW would win the game.
            Can't remember the last time I felt like that. :disapointed:
            Team/staff needs to band together, un-eff themselves and rebound against ESU next week.
            Adversity can go one of two ways...only time will tell with respect to that.
            Last edited by GoCatsGo5; 09-22-2018, 11:20 PM.

Comment

NW is 4-4 in their last 8 games......:bulgy-eyes:

Comment

I need to watch, but it doesn't seem fair to compare the week one game to tonight's.
                I know uco had a different qb against Pitt than they had against nw. That kid was deer in the headlights with the pressure Pitt was able to get. Maybe this other qb was a lot more poised.

UCO also seems to have figured out the passing game a lot more the last few weeks.

I do wonder if the wrong guy started the season at qb, though. I wonder the same thing about Schurig at Washburn. More specifically, I wonder if he would have been the starter from week 1 had he any other last name in the world.

Comment

NW is 4-4 in their last 8 games......:bulgy-eyes:
                  Has to be asked, is Rich Wright turning out to be Poor & Wrong for NW?
                  Last edited by HookemHerd; 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Ian has echoed the board on CentralOK this season. The board had them as a favorite against Kearney and as the dog against everyone else. Last year, however, was a different matter. The board had the Chos as a favorite 5 times and Ian called them all 5 times. He also called them to upset Pitt and Washburn. Ian has called CentralOK to win 8 of their last 14 MIAA games. Only 2 of the 8 were Northeastern & Southern.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                      Ian has echoed the board on CentralOK this season. The board had them as a favorite against Kearney and as the dog against everyone else. Last year, however, was a different matter. The board had the Chos as a favorite 5 times and Ian called them all 5 times. He also called them to upset Pitt and Washburn. Ian has called CentralOK to win 8 of their last 14 MIAA games. Only 2 of the 8 were Northeastern & Southern.
                      How dare you eff up his little Rodney Dangerfield impression with actual facts. Shame on you, Randy.

Comment

Wow, I just went back and looked at 2016. No wonder Ian took offense. The board had CentralOK as a favorite 4 times that season. Ian called them 8 times. He called them to upset Pitt, Hays, Emporia & Washburn. Ian has called CentralOK to win in 16 of their last 25 MIAA games. Only 4 are Northeastern or Southern.
                        Last edited by Randy; 09-24-2018, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                          Wow, I just went back and looked at 2016. No wonder Ian took offense. The board had CentralOK as a favorite 4 times that season. Ian called them 8 times. He called them to upset Pitt, Hays, Emporia & Washburn. Ian has called CentralOK to win in 14 of their last 25 MIAA games. Only 4 are Northeastern or Southern.
                          So we are all bad at making picks, but he is a little worse than the rest of us ;)

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post
                            So he is bad at making picks...
                            Not compared to me. Especially this week.

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post
                              Has to be asked, is Rich Wright turning out to be Poor & Wrong for NW?
                              only by you.

Comment

PP, Caught it before the edit. We all struggle, it's an intersting year

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X