Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NWMSU vs UCO GAME THREAD

Originally posted by PSR View Post
    You're the nwms of the Gorilla Nation and I get that. But UCO was healthy when they played us, they had plenty of time to prepare when they played us. They just got slapped around. Downplaying the Gorillas isn't going to somehow fly us under any radar.

The Gorillas are not dominant by any means. But I'd play UCO again and at any time. They are not a PO caliber team.
    Neither is Pitt at this point. I'm not saying that Pitt couldn't beat uco now. Just that it would be much harder. Pitt flat handled them up front and that would probably be the same today, but this q.b is much better than the one Pitt faced, and that team has come a long way since week one. Pitt has too, but hasn't played anywhere near their ceiling like UCO did last night.

Comment

You will see what I mean if Pitt finally puts a whole game together like UCO did last night.

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post
        4 games in and haven't got it figured out yet. NW desperately needs a "Safety" line.

As good as RW is as a defensive coach, I don't think he can fix the problems NW has in the secondary. Primarily because we don't have the bigs on the D-line to take pressure off secondary.
        Yep. No AAs on the front line to cover for the back end.

Also easy to forget how young this team is. The response to yesterday is what will tell the story for the season. No one in their right mind was thinking about a NC this year

Comment

Originally posted by IowaBearcat View Post
          Yep. No AAs on the front line to cover for the back end.

Also easy to forget how young this team is. The response to yesterday is what will tell the story for the season. No one in their right mind was thinking about a NC this year
          Agree 100%, in fact, I picked them to finish 4th in the conference.

Comment

Originally posted by catz54 View Post
            Offensively, Wright had a bad game. Throws behind people or off the turf.
            This was one of the biggest factors in the game but totally predictable that it would happen. Too many people evaluate teams and players like video games, as if they're the same every week. Some teams improve and some teams regress week to week. It's the nature of being a human.

A freshman starting quarterback in the MIAA is going to have ups and downs. He's had three great games and now a bad one and it cost the team. That is to be expected.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
              This was one of the biggest factors in the game but totally predictable that it would happen. Too many people evaluate teams and players like video games, as if they're the same every week. Some teams improve and some teams regress week to week. It's the nature of being a human.

A freshman starting quarterback in the MIAA is going to have ups and downs. He's had three great games and now a bad one and it cost the team. That is to be expected.
              If any of the "Young Guns" in the MIAA continue to develop and improve, it could be video-esque. Patrick Mahomes is making NFL defenses look ridiculous.
              Go Hounds!
              B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
              Cyclone Power
              ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Finally getting around to posting.

Seriously I was going into that game expecting to be frustrated leaving it. RC remember we both picked UCO to lose to NW in the Pick 'em.
                The O just came out swinging, and despite early defensive holding penalties (on both teams) kept the ball moving.
                To me the biggest offensive play was that long TD in the 3rd. But HM goes to the fake FG, I still have no idea how the kicker stayed up long enough to get the first down. Even though UCO didn't score on that drive, that was the first moment I thought UCO had complete momentum.

The D looked stout until that NW TD drive after the UCO unsportsmanlike conduct penalty when the Chos were up 28-3. The momentum began to shift. But UCO held on.
                Go Bronchos!

Comment

Now lets just hope UCO doesn't act like those Sooner fans who still boast about the "2014 Sugar Bowl" like it will change the program, unless UCO makes a couple playoff appearances soon. But the MIAA standings are crowded right now, except for Pitt up top.
                  Go Bronchos!

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post
                    If any of the "Young Guns" in the MIAA continue to develop and improve, it could be video-esque. Patrick Mahomes is making NFL defenses look ridiculous.
                    I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by UCObluejay View Post
                      Now lets just hope UCO doesn't act like those Sooner fans who still boast about the "2014 Sugar Bowl" like it will change the program, unless UCO makes a couple playoff appearances soon. But the MIAA standings are crowded right now, except for Pitt up top.
                      I will be surprised if there aren't a bunch of 1 and 2 loss teams crowded at the top by the time it's all over.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                        I will be surprised if there aren't a bunch of 1 and 2 loss teams crowded at the top by the time it's all over.
                        I would agree with that. I see a lot of parity in the league.

Comment

If that's the case there will be a lot of visits to Michigan in the playoffs.

Comment

I predict that Ferris St. will be #1 in region when all said and done. MIAA champion or GAC champion as 2/3 seed (Pitt St in position to take MIAA and Southern Ark or OBU to take GAC). That will leave a ton of 1-2 loss teams in contention for PO position.
                            Go Hounds!
                            B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                            Cyclone Power
                            ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

I haven't seen a dominant team rise up in the miaa yet. I have seen dominant games, pr half games, but not sure anyone has it put together yet.

It will take that consistent improvement and ability to peak at the right time like Pitt did in 2011 and nw has done numerous times for any of the teams I have seen to make a deep run. Jmo, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

No doubt it was to be expected and I am not giving up on him at all. Just a bad game, but it's a reason, nonetheless, that we struggled. He's going to be special if he continues his path though.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X