• Re: NWMSU vs UCO GAME THREAD

Originally posted by Greenman View Post
    only by you.
    I have heard fans said "please resign sir"

Comment

Originally posted by Greenman View Post
      only by you.
      He's obviously trolling in reaction for all the mouthing NW fans did to him in week two. He's too smart to pose this as a serious question.

Comment

You gotta appreciate the double pun, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
          You gotta appreciate the double pun, though.
          Oh yeah. I did a double take and then laughed.

Comment

Me too.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post
              Weird stat. Not sure it's really worth noting. Something to this effect is probably true for all teams that have been successful for the past few years.

Comment

• Go Bearcats!
                M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Watching the replay now. UCO mixing it up well on offense. First td has the corner on an island. Coverage was good, big wr just muscled the ball out of the air.
                  UCO qb throws well on the move. Missed a couple of easy deep balls where the d was deep fat fried.

Not gonna do complete pbp, but my prediction is that nw gets this fixed and shows up like a rampaging beast next week.

Comment

Watching the replay now. UCO mixing it up well on offense. First td has the corner on an island. Coverage was good, big wr just muscled the ball out of the air.
                    UCO qb throws well on the move. Missed a couple of easy deep balls where the d was deep fat fried.

Not gonna do complete pbp, but my prediction is that nw gets this fixed and shows up like a rampaging beast next week.
                    4 games in and haven't got it figured out yet. NW desperately needs a "Safety" line.

As good as RW is as a defensive coach, I don't think he can fix the problems NW has in the secondary. Primarily because we don't have the bigs on the D-line to take pressure off secondary.
                    Last edited by CatFan88; 09-23-2018, 07:21 AM.
                    Go Hounds!
                    B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                    Cyclone Power
                    ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

It's week 4. By now you are who you are. They may try and cover it up but the personnel is what they have, unless the secondary is all first year players and they develop as the season goes. It will pop its head up again, especially against teams that are good enough to expose it.

This loss wasn't a good sign for NW. This isn't typical for them. If it was week one then yeah, but it's week 4.

Comment

They have been hiding their defensive problems with the blitz. They remind me of the Pitt d a couple of years ago, but that out of position stuff can definitely be fixed

Comment

• Comment

Pitt was lucky to play UCO early.

Comment

Originally posted by catz54 View Post
                              NW is smallish up front compared to what we've had. UCO also had PI and holding so it was being called both ways. NW secondary is bad, especially safety.

Offensively, Wright had a bad game. Throws behind people or off the turf.

The trials and tribulations of R-FR QB in the MIAA. He struggles throwing short ball and throwing on run. He bounced some passes throwing on run and bounced a short TD pass to wide open player after spiking ball at UCO 2 last drive. 2nd, when he has open field to run, he needs take off instead of trying to make the spectacular throw. Bane dropping wide open TD pass late in 4th didn't help at all. Microcosm of NW bad night.
                              ^^^^^^^^^^
                              The 3rd and 20 conversion by UCO late in 4th on QB keeper was a dagger. NW was shuffling players in and out almost to snap. Again, microcosm of a bad NW night.
                              Last edited by CatFan88; 09-23-2018, 10:30 AM.
                              Go Hounds!
                              B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                              Cyclone Power
                              ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Pitt was lucky to play UCO early.
                                You're the nwms of the Gorilla Nation and I get that. But UCO was healthy when they played us, they had plenty of time to prepare when they played us. They just got slapped around. Downplaying the Gorillas isn't going to somehow fly us under any radar.

The Gorillas are not dominant by any means. But I'd play UCO again and at any time. They are not a PO caliber team.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X