Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NW vs Pitt

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post
    Pitt State Game Notes Two-Deep lists Roderique as the starter and Bradbury as the backup, but they pretty rarely update that, for instance, it listed Tyler Stiff as the starter at LT and Gulick at RG last week, despite the fact that everyone knew Stiff was out and Gulick was playing LT. So not sure what to take away from it.
    Local sports said Bradbury is doubtful. Not good.

Comment

Originally posted by PittStateFootball View Post
      Bring your rain suits.....looks like its going to be a mess tomorrow. I hope the game doesn't get delayed etc, Thunderstorms almost all day it appears......
      Local weather had the rain moving out by noon and then said the thunderstorms will be spotty. Hope their right.

Comment

I have little confidence in the Pitt O, but do expect both teams to break out some unseen stuff this weekend.

JRod lobbying his way back into the game last week gives me some hope that he will be able to gut it out and play near his potential. Both D's are light, fast, and nasty.

That said, I have a good feeling about Pitt winning this one.

Comment

Harman is coming along. I don't blame him for the fumble last week as someone missed a blocking assignment, and earned him a shot to the face that left him Tasting the color blue. Hopefully he doesn't have to come in, but if he does, I hope they have some packages ready for him and what he does.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
            Harman is coming along. I don't blame him for the fumble last week as someone missed a blocking assignment, and earned him a shot to the face that left him Tasting the color blue. Hopefully he doesn't have to come in, but if he does, I hope they have some packages ready for him and what he does.
            Would we be surprised if they weren't prepared for Harman?

Comment

As nasty as the crowd will be?

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post
                As nasty as the crowd will be?
                Nah. Hopefully the crowd proves me wrong, but attendance hasn't been the greatest, and crowds have been fairly tame this year. With the rain, it may be pretty empty.

Comment

Nah. Hopefully the crowd proves me wrong, but attendance hasn't been the greatest, and crowds have been fairly tame this year. With the rain, it may be pretty empty.
                  The last time I was there (2015), the attendance was down and the crowd was low-key. Definitely not the Pitt crowd of old.

Comment

I was just looking at available tickets, still quite a few but only 1 section upper east that is empty. I think the weather will have a huge impact on the crowd size especially if its raining hard.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
                      Would we be surprised if they weren't prepared for Harman?
                      If by "they" you mean the Pitt staff, then Nope.

If you mean the NW D, then I'm not sure how prepared you can be for an unknown.

Comment

Originally posted by PSR View Post
                        Local weather had the rain moving out by noon and then said the thunderstorms will be spotty. Hope their right.
                        I hope this one time they are correct, as well, PSR. Sounds like a morning rain about 7, but moving out by game time. I'll be there, rain or shine, as I know you will be.

Comment

It really hacks me off when I happen to buy late and they claim all they have are crappy seats left, so I buy and sit looking across at multiple whole sections that are only 50 to 70 percent full.

I know, I know, don't buy late. Still it irks me.

Comment

Originally posted by gorillum View Post
                            I hope this one time they are correct, as well, PSR. Sounds like a morning rain about 7, but moving out by game time. I'll be there, rain or shine, as I know you will be.
                            I hope so to. Please be wrong, Weather.com

Comment

NW QB looks a lot like the Elwood QB. Maybe not quite as far along in the mental game, but very good for a frosh. Wright looks faster than Brister. Not such a load to bring down, though.
                              Not sure if Pitt is better off going after him, or if they'll just let the DL get there alone most of the time like they did to Brister. Will be the first week for a while that Pitt hasn't had to try and cover a 9 foot tall WR, too.

Comment

NW QB looks a lot like the Elwood QB. Maybe not quite as far along in the mental game, but very good for a frosh. Wright looks faster than Brister. Not such a load to bring down, though.
                                Not sure if Pitt is better off going after him, or if they'll just let the DL get there alone most of the time like they did to Brister. Will be the first week for a while that Pitt hasn't had to try and cover a 9 foot tall WR, too.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X