Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pitt at MW

I honestly have no idea what Pitt team will show up here. MW runs it well, and Pitts D has been really spot vs. the run.

Pitt runs it well when the moon is in the 7th house and there is a 3 legged cow within 1.5 miles of the stadium., but MW run D is pretty decent.

Re: Pitt at MW

Even with the dominating win Saturday, it's hard for me to trust that Pitt will show up and actually play like they are capable of. Especially with an outside shot at the playoffs on the line

Comment

Comment

Up until this past week, the Pitt State MO on defense since the middle of last year has been that we've been great shutting down teams that were one-dimensional--for reasons of style, personnel or game weather conditions--but struggled otherwise. The UCM game was maybe our best defensive performance in a while because we severely limited and basically controlled a team that was actually good at both phases of the game.

I think the key question of this game is whether MW can get enough pass offense to keep the Pitt State safeties honest. If they're able to be coming hard downhill at the snap, it'll be a day of tough sledding for the MW offense.

Comment

neh. youll be fine. if you keep running the annexation of Puerto rico with a triple around the end zone stretch play like you were doing against us, the refs will never call holding on you. you may be the most penalized team in the MIAA but on that day, you guys were squeaky clean and miraculously got the corner EVERY SINGLE time you wanted it.

Comment

The offense looked like Beck was much more involved last week. If that continues, Rasputin will pull it off, imo.

Comment

And the penalties have killed Pitt, too. Late hits, presnap motion, etc.. Just boneheaded stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                The offense looked like Beck was much more involved last week. If that continues, Rasputin will pull it off, imo.
                I agree, there was just something a little different about the play calling and the flow.
                If he was calling plays, does Weimers get canned at the end of the season?

Comment

And the penalties have killed Pitt, too. Late hits, presnap motion, etc.. Just boneheaded stuff.
                  Same for MWSU.

It's so bad I can't even cry like it's sour grapes on the vast majority.

Griffs seem to much sharper at home. At ESU this past week was the most complete road game in some time.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
                    I agree, there was just something a little different about the play calling and the flow.
                    If he was calling plays, does Weimers get canned at the end of the season?
                    I doubt it.

Comment

Over under on total passes thrown is set at 44.

Comment

This was said last year about Pitt State. Did Beck take over playcalling then give it away and then take it back again?

It may just be that it was successful made it look like something it wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by JR Chaney View Post
                          This was said last year about Pitt State. Did Beck take over playcalling then give it away and then take it back again?

That is entirely likely, admittedly. Wishful thinking wants Beck to be play calling again.

Comment

Originally posted by JR Chaney View Post

They got the ball to Horack in every phase of the game possible. Weimers has relegated him to blocking back all season. They varied the routes more on pass plays. They stuck to the run, but mixed it up inside vs. outside. They had the TE's running routes at times. It was definitely different than what weimers has been doing to date.

They did still include a lot of the motion stuff that I have hated, but only after establishing an outside run threat.

Comment

I'm not saying it wasn't Weimers and a huge light bulb went off for him, but I think at the very least, he had someone in his ear all week.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X