Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pitt at MW

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    They got the ball to Horack in every phase of the game possible. Weimers has relegated him to blocking back all season. They varied the routes more on pass plays. They stuck to the run, but mixed it up inside vs. outside. They had the TE's running routes at times. It was definitely different than what weimers has been doing to date.

They did still include a lot of the motion stuff that I have hated, but only after establishing an outside run threat.
    The passing game was most notably more efficient to me. We didn't see a lot of short slant routes or shallow drags. I remember a lot of inside runs being bounced outside with a few speed options and toss/sweeps mixed in, but I admittedly cannot watch a game as close as I'd like to.

Comment

Having Horack as primarily a blocking back at 175 lbs for 8 games is inexcusable.

Also the DB punt and kick returners have hurt Pitt at least once a game since game 1. Waiting this long to make changes there is pretty bad, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
        Having Horack as primarily a blocking back at 175 lbs for 8 games is inexcusable.

Also the DB punt and kick returners have hurt Pitt at least once a game since game 1. Waiting this long to make changes there is pretty bad, too.
        I completely agree.

Comment

Then again, a lot of it may have been UCM being pretty soft up front and fairly slow at the second level. At least they looked that way to me. It may just be that their D allowed Weimers to do stuff he couldn't do against a NW, Hays, UNK, or MW.

I think this game will be a good test of that.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
            I completely agree.
            I mean, I can see giving Hardin a chance to learn and improve beccause he's such a home run threat.

Comment

Originally posted by JR Chaney View Post
              This was said last year about Pitt State. Did Beck take over playcalling then give it away and then take it back again?

It may just be that it was successful made it look like something it wasn't.
              I think he got more involved. Not saying he took over playcalling, but I think he spent more time on game planning and player selection.

Comment

It seems to me like Weimers thought he was calling plays for Brian Shay instead of Tyler Adkins most of the season.

Comment

MOWest has 3 of the top ten most penalties in games this year and have the top two most penalty yards in games as well. If we play a clean game, (unlikely with our hot heads) and run the ball half as well as we did against UCM, I think we win.

Comment

MW Running back can bust long runs, and their QB runs well. They worry me.

Comment

I mean, everything about this game tells me we should win, I think our defense is overall better. Offenses are almost equal,but we haven't played MOSO. We commit less penalties, and we have a tendency to make big plays at the right times.

I have been wrong before.

Comment

Giving up big plays on Defense is what worries me about pitt.

Comment

There were definitely openings last Saturday...

Comment

MW guys must be at home making shivs for Saturday.

Comment

MW has a 4-headed running attack that is getting better as the season progresses.

I think the Griffs have a decent chance IF they can:

1. Limit the crushing 15 yard penalties.
                              2. Limit the 3rd down penalties that extend drives.
                              3. Have a decent passing game. We are averaging 150 yards per game. If we can get something north of that it should be close.

Comment

I see this as a pretty even matchup. Both teams run it a ton, both struggle in the passing game.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X