Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SR3 Regional Rankings Week 9

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post
    This is gonna be a mess. When they re-flip Pitt State and Harding after week 11 because a win over 3-8 ATU is so much better than a win over 1-10 MoSo, it's going to be really dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by Frosty View Post
      AND, as you see, they rate records, regardless of conference strength ... Kudos to Lindenwood (and SBU and Truman before them) on switching to the GLVC where the road to the playoffs is MUCH easier ...
      Yeah, that's why there are 3 2-loss non GLVC teams ahead of a 1-loss GLVC team. Because they only rated the records.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
        Yeah, that's why there are 3 2-loss non GLVC teams ahead of a 1-loss GLVC team. Because they only rated the records.
        He reps Lincoln and Southern.................. Can't you give Frosty a break

Comment

UMR (They'll always be that to me) as an outlier negates the other nine in the rankings? You think the GLVC and GAC are as strong as the MIAA top to bottom? Crazy talk. and Mssu gave up competitive athletics, apparently, with the exception of Men's Basketball ... Guess that makes them like KU - but I digress ... I'm a Cardinals and Blues fan also, so I miss when my teams were good ... I'm jealous of you guys who compete for championships. I've taken graduate classes at UCM - so maybe I'll jump on that bandwagon ...

Comment

UMR (They'll always be that to me) as an outlier negates the other nine in the rankings? You think the GLVC and GAC are as strong as the MIAA top to bottom?
            No, I definitely don't think they are, but until the MIAA decides to play with someone other than itself (snicker), there is no actual way to compare the two teams on paper. The NCAA committee does not look at team names (to avoid a "Northwest" or "Grand Valley" bias), and solely looks at numbers. The MIAA hurts itself by not allowing a 3-loss Central Oklahoma team the chance to schedule a team like S&T -- to not only improve the league's SOS but also to knock out those 1- or 2- loss GLVC teams and prove a point if they truly are better on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post
              No, I definitely don't think they are, but until the MIAA decides to play with someone other than itself (snicker), there is no actual way to compare the two teams on paper. The NCAA committee does not look at team names (to avoid a "Northwest" or "Grand Valley" bias), and solely looks at numbers. The MIAA hurts itself by not allowing a 3-loss Central Oklahoma team the chance to schedule a team like S&T -- to not only improve the league's SOS but also to knock out those 1- or 2- loss GLVC teams and prove a point if they truly are better on the field.
              Nobody here would argue with that. That said, would an Indy or UMR that thought they had a chance at a PO spot going into the season schedule a UCO?

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                Nobody here would argue with that. That said, would an Indy or UMR that thought they had a chance at a PO spot going into the season schedule a UCO?
                Indy scheduled Grand Valley and Hillsdale (both RR teams this year) and Wayne State this year. All three are repeat games from last year.

Truman scheduled a road game at Saginaw Valley (was in the RR until last week) this year. Truman, in 2016, the year they were just about to make the playoffs until losing in week 11, played both Midwestern State and Grand Valley - I believe the two top teams in the region that year. In addition, they've played Morningside - arguably one of the top 2-3 teams in NAIA - each of the past two years. And Grand Valley I think has been on the schedule three times since moving out the MIAA.

Teams at the top of the GLVC might have it easy against the bottom tier of the league, but they can't be accused of not trying to pick up good non-conference games.

Comment

100% spot on ...

Comment

Indy scheduled Grand Valley and Hillsdale (both RR teams this year) and Wayne State this year. All three are repeat games from last year.

Truman scheduled a road game at Saginaw Valley (was in the RR until last week) this year. Truman, in 2016, the year they were just about to make the playoffs until losing in week 11, played both Midwestern State and Grand Valley - I believe the two top teams in the region that year. In addition, they've played Morningside - arguably one of the top 2-3 teams in NAIA - each of the past two years. And Grand Valley I think has been on the schedule three times since moving out the MIAA.

Teams at the top of the GLVC might have it easy against the bottom tier of the league, but they can't be accused of not trying to pick up good non-conference games.
                    That's good to know. Morningside is a non-game, though.

Comment

If the committee got together and gave 2 PO Spots to the GLVC, 3 to the GLIAC, and 1 each to the GAC and MIAA and told them that is how it was going to be until they stopped the insular scheduling, I would be OK with it.

Comment

If the committee got together and gave 2 PO Spots to the GLVC, 3 to the GLIAC, and 1 each to the GAC and MIAA and told them that is how it was going to be until they stopped the insular scheduling, I would be OK with it.
                        Agreed.

Comment

That's good to know. Morningside is a non-game, though.
                          Oh, I know. I was just meaning that, even though it didn't mean something for postseason consideration, they scheduled a game against one of the best in the country at the NAIA level instead of someone like Missouri Baptist, just to get a game and a win. Had the MIAA or GAC had non-conference scheduling, I have zero doubt that Truman would have much rather gotten a game against a school from one of those leagues instead.

Comment

UMR (They'll always be that to me) as an outlier negates the other nine in the rankings? You think the GLVC and GAC are as strong as the MIAA top to bottom? Crazy talk. and Mssu gave up competitive athletics, apparently, with the exception of Men's Basketball ... Guess that makes them like KU - but I digress ... I'm a Cardinals and Blues fan also, so I miss when my teams were good ... I'm jealous of you guys who compete for championships. I've taken graduate classes at UCM - so maybe I'll jump on that bandwagon ...
                            Message boards are made for digressions. Other than football and WBB, KU's other sports have pretty much improved across the board over the past decade.

Is this true? I think they do look at team names.

Comment

I think you'd have to, to get an accurate representation of "results" part of criteria.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post
                                Message boards are made for digressions. Other than football and WBB, KU's other sports have pretty much improved across the board over the past decade.

Is this true? I think they do look at team names.
                                They absolutely look at names.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X