Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Yeah. A win is a win, but man that was ugly.
    Guess it could have been worse. (See fort hays)

Comment

• Is teamkong no more?

Comment

• As good as I felt about the first half, I, too felt sick in the second half and then ultimately felt a little guilty for celebrating the win. Nothing a win over the bugs won't cure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gorilla Guy View Post
          As good as I felt about the first half, I, too felt sick in the second half and then ultimately felt a little guilty for celebrating the win. Nothing a win over the bugs won't cure.

Comment

• The better teams will be able to stop the veer much better than this UCO team did. Just sell out to the run as Mlekus only attempted 2 passes and showed he can't throw the ball worth a hoot. Don't know if coming out in the veer caused that much confusion with the UCO staff in the first half but they couldn't stop anything. No adjustments at all. Man running a 5 man front would have been better than just getting punched in the mouth over and over.

Should have brought Sexton in much sooner in the second half. Should have gave him a series in the 3rd and for sure a couple in the 4th. Should have benched Mlekus after his second fumble and let him get focused or think about things. If I remember right all 3 possessions with Sexton ended in scores.

In the first half on Sextons first series he had a nice read option run. He is not a veer QB but looked tonight our best overall QB.

Defense looked soft in the second half and the tackling was atrocious.

That FG cost me a 5-0 week in the pick'em.

Comment

• Welcome to the jungle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gorilla Guy View Post

Welcome to the jungle.
                Is California still a Jungle GG....hahahah

Comment

• I think there is a reason why you don't see a lot of schools running the veer any more...
                  I can look passed the other miscues of Mlekus, when it seemed like he was the only one that didn't know the play, first game and all. As others have said, its the fumbles. You just can't do it...

Comment

• Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post

terrible terrible coaching all ima say. i was calling the plays in the stands. 26 is on the field.....hes getting the ball...boom 8 yards. havent seen the totals yet but im guessing we were at 8ypc???? tried to get cute and got prison sexed....
                    Yep, I'm positive I questioned you about retaining a HC who was 37-41 over seven seasons. When you do the same thing over and over and expect a different result what you get is insanity. His record speaks for itself. As long as you are OK with OK results then carry on. BTW, it can't be a lot of fun getting hosed by the all the others on this board. Especially by the one that looks like he ought to be on a box of Honey Nut Cheerios.

Comment

• Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

Yep, I'm positive I questioned you about retaining a HC who was 37-41 over seven seasons. When you do the same thing over and over and expect a different result what you get is insanity. His record speaks for itself. As long as you are OK with OK results then carry on. BTW, it can't be a lot of fun getting hosed by the all the others on this board. Especially by the one that looks like he ought to be on a box of Honey Nut Cheerios.
                      This is gold.

Comment

• After some sleep I've decided I'm just gonna hope Mlekus gets a ton better, and Weimers learns to mix in more packages for Mak.

Comment

• And the D gets much, much better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                            After some sleep I've decided I'm just gonna hope Mlekus gets a ton better, and Weimers learns to mix in more packages for Mak.
                            Went back and re-watched the fumbles. Mlekus's first fumble seems to me to be more on the center as none of the other offensive players started moving when he snapped the ball, either. On his second fumble, the fumble is definitely on him, but Horak screwed up that play. It was a called QB rollout run and Horak moved laterally and Mlekus had to push him forward to go block. If Horak goes and blocks on his own, Mlekus easily runs outside for the first down and never cuts it back in where he tries to get fancy and winds up losing the ball. Like I said, the fumble is on Mlekus, but that play should've looked a lot different from well before the fumble.

The botched handoff to Cooper is harder to tell. Probably blame on both of them for that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post

Went back and re-watched the fumbles. Mlekus's first fumble seems to me to be more on the center as none of the other offensive players started moving when he snapped the ball, either. On his second fumble, the fumble is definitely on him, but Horak screwed up that play. It was a called QB rollout run and Horak moved laterally and Mlekus had to push him forward to go block. If Horak goes and blocks on his own, Mlekus easily runs outside for the first down and never cuts it back in where he tries to get fancy and winds up losing the ball. Like I said, the fumble is on Mlekus, but that play should've looked a lot different from well before the fumble.

The botched handoff to Cooper is harder to tell. Probably blame on both of them for that one.
                              Not sure if Pitt cues the center with a tap or an audible, so I can't speak to that one.The last one looked like it just slipped out of his hands when he pulled it out of the belly.

The thing for me is that none of those were forced. The adkins fumble was a good play by the defense. He wasn't holding it wrong or anything. That is more excusable to me.

Comment

• Has anyone seen Jimbo? I saw one quick post after the game from him and then nothing. Last I heard he was seen driving past Rolla on his way to BigSig's house with $20 and some lighter fluid for a very used couch.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X