Week One Attendance Figures
    Home Team Visiting Team Attendance
    Missouri Western Northwest Missouri 8883
    Central Missouri Fort Hays State 7896
    Washburn Lincoln 6291
    Missouri Southern Nebraska-Kearney 5745
    Emporia State Northeastern State 4861
    Central Oklahoma Pittsburg State 4782

Interesting numbers...I'll refer to this thread every time I want to see discussion on MIAA attendance. MIAA as a whole has pretty solid attendance numbers, it seems, with perhaps only the LSC a better attendance draw, as a whole conference. But the over all week 1 attendance winner looks like it is Grand Valley with over 14,000.

Comment

I was saddened by the size of the crowd last Thursday in the 'Burg. Beautiful night for a game. Hays brought a decent crowd but the plenty of seats all the way around. Maybe this will change if the Mules put together a couple more wins, especially on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla John 92 View Post
        I was saddened by the size of the crowd last Thursday in the 'Burg. Beautiful night for a game. Hays brought a decent crowd but the plenty of seats all the way around. Maybe this will change if the Mules put together a couple more wins, especially on the road.
        I drove past a couple thousand students dressed in red at several keg parties a couple blocks from Walton Stadium. I thought they would eventually make their way to the game, but they stayed at the beer parties. Certainly not something any of us would have done.....lol. In previous years the university would host a street festival before the opening Thursday night game to get the students out, especially the incoming freshmen. I arrived a little late, so I'm not sure if they had the street festival prior to the game or not. In years gone bye, those students would attend the festival and the game and UCM would have a big crowd. Ahhh, the allure of free beer and girls in tight shorts...

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post

I drove past a couple thousand students dressed in red at several keg parties a couple blocks from Walton Stadium. I thought they would eventually make their way to the game, but they stayed at the beer parties. Certainly not something any of us would have done.....lol. In previous years the university would host a street festival before the opening Thursday night game to get the students out, especially the incoming freshmen. I arrived a little late, so I'm not sure if they had the street festival prior to the game or not. In years gone bye, those students would attend the festival and the game and UCM would have a big crowd. Ahhh, the allure of free beer and girls in tight shorts...
          I rarely attended a game in college. I had a friend who lived across the street. A bunch of us would drag the furniture and the keg out on the lawn and listen to the game.

Comment

Well across the street and down about a block.

Comment

UCM had 7,900 for the Thursday home opener against Ft. Hays. The students hanging out at the keg parties definitely hurt the attendance. We had 10,400 when the Mules opened at home on a Thursday (2017) against Pitt State. Part of that was Pitt bringing a good number of fans, but also I don't recall there being any huge student keg parties close by that would have affected the student attendance.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I rarely attended a game in college. I had a friend who lived across the street. A bunch of us would drag the furniture and the keg out on the lawn and listen to the game.
                I rarely attended a game in college either. Now I rarely miss attending a home game. Attended a lot of keg parties though.

Comment

The "Get The Red Out" Street Fair did occur last Thursday like it has for a number of years on the opening Thursday night game. Even with that, the crowd was not as good as many would have liked.

Comment

Week 2 Attendance Figures
                    Home Team Visiting Team Attendance
                    Pittsburg State Emporia State 8597
                    Nebraska-Kearney Central Oklahoma 6475
                    Northwest Missouri St Washburn 6198
                    Fort Hays State Missouri Western 4432
                    Lincoln Missouri Southern 2800
                    Northeastern State Central Missouri 2518

Comment

More at the UNK game than the NW game...sad, but heard the NW students no longer get free tickets, so I'm guessing this is new norm...

Comment

Originally posted by GoCatsGo5 View Post
                        More at the UNK game than the NW game...sad, but heard the NW students no longer get free tickets, so I'm guessing this is new norm...
                        Not true

https://www.nwmissourinews.com/sport...17732e8af.html
                        Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

I think the new system limited student attendance for the WU game...hopefully the students will adapt to it

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                            I think the new system limited student attendance for the WU game...hopefully the students will adapt to it
                            This is nothing new for students these days. Almost any entertainment event these days use e-tickets... I imagine it had less impact on student attendance, than the impact of the opponent.

Now if the university didn't get the word out well enough, that's a different story. Still, the students that would have gone to the cashiers office to get a ticket would have been told they do it online now, would surely have gone online to get it.

Comment

WOnder who the schools are selling the app info to?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X