Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Fhsu @ uindy

Originally posted by TigerGlen View Post
    Well to be fair they are being baited by our resident FHSU troll :)
    You are correct on that one, TigerGlen. Not only do some take the bait but hook, line and sinker.:bulgy-eyes:

Comment

Originally posted by TigerGlen View Post
      But from FHSU perspective, right at the moment that is the goal. When coach Brown first came to us he described a plan as he saw it for the development of the program. First we had to do better than .500 seasons. The we had to find a way to beat the other Kansas colleges, then we had to find a way to win the MIAA.

His point was, at each step we become more desirable to potential recruits. Good players want to be part of good programs. NW has had the pick of the potential litter for years, now we are being seen as a viable alternative and can get access to kids with the talent to contest PO football.
      I completely get what you are saying and agree with what you are saying as far as it's a step by step process. However, as awesome as winning the MIAA is (and it's pretty cool), if we win the MIAA title and lose in first round of PO's that's a disappointment. If we don't win the MIAA (like this year) and make a deeper PO run (which who knows this year), that's less of a disappointment, IMO.

Winning league titles matter, but usually as means to a different end. Again though, you have to build from somewhere and it's clear FHSU is doing that the right way.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post
        I honestly hoped we'd meet again in Hays in the playoffs, because no matter what anyone says, Hays has beat NW the last 2 times we've played them. In our house. With the MIAA title on the line. For any team trying to build a program, that is pretty legit. If we would have met again, Hays may have gotten us a 3rd time, but without the chance to avenge that loss and being the one's to knock them out, I don't feel like boasting about Hays losing in the playoffs is ours to do. Obviously, others feel differently... Its amazing how one playoff victory puffs out the collective chests of a fan base that was ready to fire everyone 3 weeks ago. Hays has and is definitely going in the right direction, and of course, hopefully we are ready to turn it back around and hold off the challenger long term, but until we beat them again, I find it hard for me to say anything.
        While I agree that we need to beat them, it's really not overly concerning at this point. We lost two games at home (just like we did to Mo West a few years ago), but they were both 1 point games where we had our shots at the end (minus boneheaded mistakes both years). The time FHSU comes in and beats by 10-14 and clearly dominate the game, that's when I would be worried. The UCO loss, to me, was much more concerning.

Comment

Originally posted by catz54 View Post
          I completely get what you are saying and agree with what you are saying as far as it's a step by step process. However, as awesome as winning the MIAA is (and it's pretty cool), if we win the MIAA title and lose in first round of PO's that's a disappointment. If we don't win the MIAA (like this year) and make a deeper PO run (which who knows this year), that's less of a disappointment, IMO.

Winning league titles matter, but usually as means to a different end. Again though, you have to build from somewhere and it's clear FHSU is doing that the right way.
          And that is all as much about expectations as anything . NW have won 28 conference titles. FHSU 1 and a shared 1 lol

Comment

Originally posted by Peyton21dad View Post
            We can all agree who is better over the last 20 years in the MIAA but like the saying goes, what have you done for me lately. And lately FH is the talk of the town but when it comes to the PO, NW is THEE team at this time. So, we'll see ya next year and see who does what.
            Anyways, good game Indy and thanks for the REFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            i know you arent whining about refs...from the outside, the stats are pretty telling. 249 yards rushing 5.9 per carry?
            2 interceptions?
            average completion was 14 yards?
            3 sacks for 24 yards
            45 yards in personal fouls and 15 in pass intereference...

got to get the personal fouls under control and you have 40 yards in penalty which is 17 below your game average.

looks like a pretty clean game with out the personal fouls which absolutely CAN be controlled

Comment

While I agree that we need to beat them, it's really not overly concerning at this point. We lost two games at home (just like we did to Mo West a few years ago), but they were both 1 point games where we had our shots at the end (minus boneheaded mistakes both years). The time FHSU comes in and beats by 10-14 and clearly dominate the game, that's when I would be worried. The UCO loss, to me, was much more concerning.
              And this guy gets it. Though, I will say the FH game showed an even lower floor for the NW O than the UCO game. Both sides of the ball looked substandard v. UCO.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post
                i know you arent whining about refs...from the outside, the stats are pretty telling. 249 yards rushing 5.9 per carry?
                2 interceptions?
                average completion was 14 yards?
                3 sacks for 24 yards
                45 yards in personal fouls and 15 in pass intereference...

got to get the personal fouls under control and you have 40 yards in penalty which is 17 below your game average.

looks like a pretty clean game with out the personal fouls which absolutely CAN be controlled
                Numbers don't always tell the complete story and in this case, that is certainly true. Bad calls CAN and did change the flow of the game. Seen it many many times from high school up to the pros. Sure, the rush game didn't help our cause, whether it be defensive or offensive side. But the ejection and OPI could be a 14 point swing. Those are the numbers that matter.

Comment

Numbers don't always tell the complete story and in this case, that is certainly true. Bad calls CAN and did change the flow of the game. Seen it many many times from high school up to the pros. Sure, the rush game didn't help our cause, whether it be defensive or offensive side. But the ejection and OPI could be a 14 point swing. Those are the numbers that matter.
                  Can you check and see if there was a targeting penalty in the NW game? And a blown roughing the P call?

Comment

Targeting is so odd. I literally have never see it calledsince the season when it was new and a hot button deal. Then again, I'm used to MIAA refs. I watch the NFL and think "How is that holding, his shirt is barely even ripped".

Comment

ok i get it. played the game from the age of 6 to 20. im well aware but, ive also sat in your stadium and watched my team absolutely implode from stupid personal fouls. must be that stupid ass canon you guys have...lol

so, you take away the personal foul and the pass interference you just described...you still have 30 very preventable penalty yards. you had them on the ropes going into the 4th quarter...not allowing them to score then the boys seemed to get a lil squirrley...

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post
                        Its amazing how one playoff victory puffs out the collective chests of a fan base that was ready to fire everyone 3 weeks ago.
                        yep

Comment

I would agree but there is an important aspect in winning the close one. Close game as the away team, a lot of programs would blink first. Says a lot about the kids they are bringing in and expectations. First signs of adversity kids keep fighting. Not saying NW kids weren't also playing their asses off. Hays just executed a play or so more

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                            Targeting is so odd. I literally have never see it calledsince the season when it was new and a hot button deal. Then again, I'm used to MIAA refs. I watch the NFL and think "How is that holding, his shirt is barely even ripped".
                            Id add hands to the face as another one never called

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post
                              I would agree but there is an important aspect in winning the close one. Close game as the away team, a lot of programs would blink first. Says a lot about the kids they are bringing in and expectations. First signs of adversity kids keep fighting. Not saying NW kids weren't also playing their asses off. Hays just executed a play or so more
                              And what does it say about those same players being capable of losing to a GLVC team?

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman View Post
                                And what does it say about those same players being capable of losing to a GLVC team?
                                That by the transitive property GLVC> NW

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X