Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It's Official! SAU vs Missouri Western in the Live United Bowl-Texarkan

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    That could just be the excuse of the day. Who knows?
    id go with this...fans on lsc board said the mw coach said noone contacted them about a bowl but the bowl said they contacted them and heard nothing back and now angelo state is in the bowl instead

Comment

So did Pitt just elect not to go to a bowl? Wanted a jump on recruiting?

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post
        id go with this...fans on lsc board said the mw coach said noone contacted them about a bowl but the bowl said they contacted them and heard nothing back and now angelo state is in the bowl instead
        This might be true; but I'd hope the coordinators of a bowl game would be more professional in divulging information about what team they contacted and if/how/when that team returned that contact or didn't return the contact.

Comment

Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post
          This might be true; but I'd hope the coordinators of a bowl game would be more professional in divulging information about what team they contacted and if/how/when that team returned that contact or didn't return the contact.
          I can only speak for the Agent Barry Live United Bowl. As of November 10, there were 4 MIAA teams under consideration for the bowl's at-large spot and all 4 teams were contacted during the week before the last regular season to determine their interest and to see if they would be able to meet the bowl's requirements for participation. The bowl committee started calling teams Sunday immediately after the playoff bracket was released. The first two teams called had already accepted places in other bowl games. The third team would not commit, even though they knew several days earlier they were under consideration and would be welcomed as the at-large team. The forth team graciously accepted and could not be more excited about the opportunity. Please don't talk about the professionalism of bowl organizers because you obviously don't have any idea about the work going on behind the scene. This bowl takes the selection process very seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Gentleman View Post
            I can only speak for the Agent Barry Live United Bowl. As of November 10, there were 4 MIAA teams under consideration for the bowl's at-large spot and all 4 teams were contacted during the week before the last regular season to determine their interest and to see if they would be able to meet the bowl's requirements for participation. The bowl committee started calling teams Sunday immediately after the playoff bracket was released. The first two teams called had already accepted places in other bowl games. The third team would not commit, even though they knew several days earlier they were under consideration and would be welcomed as the at-large team. The forth team graciously accepted and could not be more excited about the opportunity. Please don't talk about the professionalism of bowl organizers because you obviously don't have any idea about the work going on behind the scene. This bowl takes the selection process very seriously.
            This is exactly how I'd want it covered; so lay down your chutzpah.

Comment

Thanks for the info. The Griffons are very excited to be playing again.

Comment

Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post
                This is exactly how I'd want it covered; so lay down your chutzpah.
                Sounds to me like you better stick with all your stats and let the rest float down stream.

Comment

Comment

It's Official! SAU vs Missouri Western in the Live United Bowl-Texarkana Tx

518 miles. Yikes. Road trip!!

Seriously thinking about going

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rainy View Post
                      518 miles. Yikes. Road trip!!

Seriously thinking about going

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Really hope you will come and bring a lot of fans with you. The bowl puts on a great event Friday night called the Jeans, Boots, and Barbeque banquet, followed by a community pep rally. There's a 5k run early Saturday morning if you are in to that. The 5k run ends at the 50 yard line of the stadium. You will have a great time. Many hotels and places to eat have specials for bowl attendees.

Comment

Really hope you will come and bring a lot of fans with you. The bowl puts on a great event Friday night called the Jeans, Boots, and Barbeque banquet, followed by a community pep rally. There's a 5k run early Saturday morning if you are in to that. The 5k run ends at the 50 yard line of the stadium. You will have a great time. Many hotels and places to eat have specials for bowl attendees.
                        MW fans aren't the bunch I'd describe as "runners"

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post
                          MW fans aren't the bunch I'd describe as "runners"
                          Not in the sense of a 5K, at least.

Comment

Comment

Also, if the first two teams had already accepted other bowls (I would assume UCO and ESU), does that imply that Pitt State was their third choice?

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtedBearcat View Post
                                Not in the sense of a 5K, at least.
                                would'nt a "bail out" be counted as running?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X