Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It's Official! SAU vs Missouri Western in the Live United Bowl-Texarkan

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post
    would'nt a "bail out" be counted as running?

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtedBearcat View Post
      Are there sirens in the distance? If so, the 5k record will probably fall.

Comment

Soundslike someone at Pitt dropped the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post
          Are there sirens in the distance? If so, the 5k record will probably fall.
          Well you would be able to pick any Hays people. We would be the ones cracking a beer and trying to find the tornado to shoot

Comment

MW people will be the ones shanking each other in the parking lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
              MW people will be the ones shanking each other in the parking lot.
              What do you expect from a town with a 'spoofhound' as a mascot :)

Comment

Wouldn't say that. There were emails exchanged Saturday night to gauge their interest. Seems the response indicated they wanted the bowl to hold off
                selecting a team until Monday or Tuesday. With the press conference scheduled for Wednesday, the bowl needed to make a selection so preparations could
                continue.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                  Soundslike someone at Pitt dropped the ball.
                  Not sure about that. Perhaps they just didn't want to commit the resources and efforts it takes. The bowl has the greatest respect for all schools that were considered and respects the decision of each school.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerGlen View Post
                    What do you expect from a town with a 'spoofhound' as a mascot :)
                    Spoofhounds are in Maryville. MW is in St. Joseph
                    I

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtedBearcat View Post
                      Also, if the first two teams had already accepted other bowls (I would assume UCO and ESU), does that imply that Pitt State was their third choice?
                      Several factors are considered, like the distance to Texarkana, the team's performance over the last 2-3 seasons, the likeliness the team will come play, and the willingness to use their resources for travel, meals, etc. The bowl pays for one night hotel, and three meals. Teams are responsible for everything else. The bowl knew UCO, ESU, and MWSU were interested. Honestly, the bowl wasn't surprised that Pitt. St. had reservations about coming. The bowl started with UCO, then ESU, then Pitt St., then MWSU. After learning about MWSU, the bowl is really happy with it's at large pick. Should be a great game.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Gentleman View Post
                        Several factors are considered, like the distance to Texarkana, the team's performance over the last 2-3 seasons, the likeliness the team will come play, and the willingness to use their resources for travel, meals, etc. The bowl pays for one night hotel, and three meals. Teams are responsible for everything else. The bowl knew UCO, ESU, and MWSU were interested. Honestly, the bowl wasn't surprised that Pitt. St. had reservations about coming. The bowl started with UCO, then ESU, then Pitt St., then MWSU. After learning about MWSU, the bowl is really happy with it's at large pick. Should be a great game.
                        I have no idea what the dollar amount that Pitt spent to go to Texarkana last year was but I would much rather they add that amount to the recruiting budget this year in an effort to get us back to the real postseason, the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Jungle Jim View Post
                          I have no idea what the dollar amount that Pitt spent to go to Texarkana last year was but I would much rather they add that amount to the recruiting budget this year in an effort to get us back to the real postseason, the playoffs.

If done correctly, going to a bowl game IS part of the recruiting budget.

Comment

I've got to believe the Pitt State players are pretty disappointed that the coach, athletic director, etc. screwed up their chance to play in a bowl game. Sure, 8-3 was not good enough to make the playoffs, but it's nothing to sneeze at considering how competitive the MIAA was this year. If I was a player on that team (especially a senior) I would be mad about not getting to play in a deserved bowl game.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Gentleman View Post
                              Good deal. I know the griffons are glad to be playing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jungle Jim View Post
                                terrible attitude. bowl games aren't post season? like mentioned several times in this thread alone, 3 more weeks of practice and another opportunity on the field for the year. don't know if you know anything about wrestling but what makes you a better wrestler is as much mat time as possible. whoever, wherever, whenever.
                                UCOs team right now is resting up the starters as much as possible and the younger players, the future of the team are taking snaps during practice. snaps they weren't getting during the season. that puts younger kids 3 weeks ahead of your younger kids to start the spring. I would imagine, THAT helps the future quite a bit.

I think live united would be an awesome opportunity for any team playing. there are more people in the houston metroplex than there are people in the entire state of Missouri. Now, I'm assuming Kansas and Missouri is pitts recruiting bread and butter. Im also assuming you know kids in ok, texASS, ark and Louisiana are pretty good football players. if you are playing dec on the border of these 4 states, and you are trying to make recruiting connections in this part of the world....bam! there ya go. these kids will have an opportunity to see the teams from 300 miles away play in a bowl game and you will have a serious recruiting advantage over other teams. for all you know, with beck and/or your AD making a debacle out of this postseason, there will be a player or two that ends up signing at MW because pitt isn't even on their mind. MW is still getting press after the season is over for the rest of the conference.
                                Last edited by jimbo slice; 11-16-2018, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X