Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: #6 nwmsu @ #2 fsu

True freshman Troy Harper looks like the real deal. 8 catches today for 115 yds & 1 rush for 7 yds. He was a QB in HS, maybe take a look at him @ QB at some point?
    Last edited by NWFanatic; 11-24-2018, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
      True freshman Troy Harper looks like the real deal. 8 catches today for 115 yds & 1 rush for 7 yds. He was a QB in HS, maybe take a look at him @ QB at some point?
      Lol no. NW is stacked at QB
      Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatDude View Post
        NW is stacked at QB. Young guys. All Freshmen and Sophomores. Four of 'em. All with strong accolades at high level schools. Hohensee, Kowalski and Brannan would seem to still easily pose serious contention for Wright's starting role next year, but we could also easily see a breakup here. Maybe with the two sophomores not wanting to risk losing another year of not getting on the field. Being on the sidelines is a tough thing for really good QB's. We were lucky with Zimmerman in 2016 who patiently waited it out 'til his senior year, but he also had next in line inheritance. Proved himself in 2016. Stellar season despite late season injury that saw him take it with him into the NC game ... and, then the guy becomes a Harlon Hill finalist, as well. Incredible accomplishment, considering his very limited role with playing time in his junior year. But, these four guys HC Wright has on his roster right now ... even now, they are all still young high quality players.
        Last edited by ZubCat81; 11-25-2018, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post
          Oh I think some OL's meshed well and developed throughout the season. It's just a different mentality of the OLs in the conf today. Each year you can pick a DL that you fear. Where are all the OL that you fear? Where are the ass kickers? Where are the kids like Pestock or Folkerts.
          You make some good points. Is it because we are going out of a 2 point stance and being more passive in our blocking? Rarely do you see those pulling and trapping linemen anymore. Of course I am showing my age by making that assumption. Take teams that run the option (ie. Harding), those linemen are in a three pt. stance and firing off the ball. Just some of my thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by backintheday View Post
            Somebody should talk to Patrick MaHomes II about that too:wink:
            You did not just compare Wright to one of the most gifted athletes in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
              You did not just compare Wright to one of the most gifted athletes in the world.
              I think he was referring to his sometimes sidearm delivery!

Comment

Originally posted by Thepeman View Post
                You make some good points. Is it because we are going out of a 2 point stance and being more passive in our blocking? Rarely do you see those pulling and trapping linemen anymore. Of course I am showing my age by making that assumption. Take teams that run the option (ie. Harding), those linemen are in a three pt. stance and firing off the ball. Just some of my thoughts.

Comment

Zone blocking schemes. Every since Pitt went to it the Oline has declined. Used to be road graders, now they have trouble picking up short yardage when they have to. (Especially goal line)

Comment

Originally posted by PSR View Post
                    Zone blocking schemes. Every since Pitt went to it the Oline has declined. Used to be road graders, now they have trouble picking up short yardage when they have to. (Especially goal line)
                    The OL coach at Pitt is the problem. Not to mention 99% of the staff.
                    Sent from my GorillaPad

Comment

Originally posted by cbgorilla View Post
                      The OL coach at Pitt is the problem. Not to mention 99% of the staff.
                      You mean that same sorry staff that is coming back for next season?

Comment

And there are different 3 point stances in light finger pressure vs more weight on the fingers.

Comment

And there are different 3 point stances in light finger pressure vs more weight on the fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatDude View Post

Comment

Hard to fire off the ball when you run an RPO offense, which is where football at all levels has evolved. That's the reason for the decline, imo.

Comment

lol yes and by that I was referring to more weight on the hands ie. Harding, vs light pressure three pt for passing teams.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X