Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Don't you go jinxing Pitt, you green devil.
    If yours didn't work, then I thought I would try mine..

Comment

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
      i mean who even cares
      es would destroy botha y'all
      Pitt already slapped ES around. Pitt is bad, but not that bad.
      Come to think of it, Hays did too.

Freaking NW fans and their inbreeding.

Comment

For several years now, my opinion of the Pitt State defense has been that when we play one-dimensional offenses, we're pretty much ok. It's seemingly held true for both running offenses and passing offenses. This might really put that to the test. FH is about as one dimensional as can be, but I think we're right on the edge of the season falling apart.

Comment

Pitt already slapped ES around. Pitt is bad, but not that bad.
          Come to think of it, Hays did too.

Freaking NW fans and their inbreeding.
          dood you responded
          think about what that says about you
          Go Bearcats!
          M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post
            For several years now, my opinion of the Pitt State defense has been that when we play one-dimensional offenses, we're pretty much ok. It's seemingly held true for both running offenses and passing offenses. This might really put that to the test. FH is about as one dimensional as can be, but I think we're right on the edge of the season falling apart.
            Sort of. That 42 D is built on aggressiveness/freedom to attack, and trusting everyone to do their job. Any little mistake results in a big play because of it. It's not at all conservative. There are no safety valves.

If they go in keying on the pass, they will let big runs go because everyone is going after the QB. If they go in keying on the run, they focus on containing the edge and attacking the gaps, and leave everyone on the back end on an island.

Or that is what I have observed. I mean smashing the mesh and getting 2 TFL's in a row is only great if you don't miss and give up a huge run on the 3rd try. Sending the house after the QB is great when they get home until the edge rushers take bad angles and the QB runs for 100 yards on 2 carries or flips a little shovel or screen that goes for a jillion yards..

Comment

I mean, it's a fun scheme to watch, but I think it invites big p[lays.

Comment

I picked Pitt to win a close one. I don't think Hays' run defense is as good as Northwest's and Pitt will be able to control the clock and the game (enough) to win a close one.
                Northwest Missouri State University
                BEARCATS

Comment

Sort of. That 42 D is built on aggressiveness/freedom to attack, and trusting everyone to do their job. Any little mistake results in a big play because of it. It's not at all conservative. There are no safety valves.

If they go in keying on the pass, they will let big runs go because everyone is going after the QB. If they go in keying on the run, they focus on containing the edge and attacking the gaps, and leave everyone on the back end on an island.

Or that is what I have observed. I mean smashing the mesh and getting 2 TFL's in a row is only great if you don't miss and give up a huge run on the 3rd try. Sending the house after the QB is great when they get home until the edge rushers take bad angles and the QB runs for 100 yards on 2 carries or flips a little shovel or screen that goes for a jillion yards..
                  Positive and negative big plays, though.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

Positive and negative big plays, though.
                    Yes. That's why I have a love/hate deal going with that defense. .

Comment

Originally posted by BEARCAT View Post
                      I picked Pitt to win a close one. I don't think Hays' run defense is as good as Northwest's and Pitt will be able to control the clock and the game (enough) to win a close one.
                      The Hays defense has been very stingy in winning their last three games. The Gorillas finally play a good team and their offensive line was completely ineffective. Hays probably has the best field goal kicker in the conference. I hope you are correct that Pitt wins a close one but I am not optimistic.

Comment

I'm taking Pitt in this one, in a close game. I think as much as everyone is hyping the Hays defense, Pitt's defense is no slouch and Hays isn't exactly an offensive juggernaut. I expect a defensive struggle with special teams and turnovers playing a big part. If Pitt can get an early lead and force Hays to play from behind, I think the D-line from Pitt can pin their ears back and give Chance Fuller a hard time.

Comment

Pitt starts this game in a 14 point hole on coaching alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jungle Jim View Post

The Hays defense has been very stingy in winning their last three games. The Gorillas finally play a good team and their offensive line was completely ineffective. Hays probably has the best field goal kicker in the conference. I hope you are correct that Pitt wins a close one but I am not optimistic.
                            Uh...Pitt has the best kicker in D2
                            Sent from my GorillaPad

Comment

Originally posted by cbgorilla View Post

Uh...Pitt has the best kicker in D2
                              Vincent is pretty dang good, but Brown is easily the best in the conference, if not even the whole country.

Comment

Originally posted by catbacker07 View Post

Vincent is pretty dang good, but Brown is easily the best in the conference, if not even the whole country.
                                Oops...I thought he graduated last year. I just seen his name on the game notes after I said that.
                                Sent from my GorillaPad

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X