Lol like the can't get wright.

Comment

backup qb gonna cure 3yr problem? interesting theory
          Go Bearcats!
          M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post

only at nw, where the backups are consistently better than the starters, and they wouldn't even be 8th on the depth chart at pitt.

Comment

IDK why the NW fans continually speak in abbreviations and initials. WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
                IDK why the NW fans continually speak in abbreviations and initials. WTF?
                bc we can? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post

2 of those three years have been with BW... benefit of the doubt was given that he would improve in year two and thus far he hasn't, he's gone backwards if anything. His athleticism was a welcome sight his freshman year after suffering through the previous year with a line that wasn't able to protect. A quarterback that can hit an open receiver can cure a lot of ills offensively... I'm not talking about difficult down the field throws either. He misses running backs in the flat by throwing at their knees or behind them... he missed a 10 yard out on the side of the field he was rolling to by a mile in the UNK game. It's bad. Yes, there have been issues with drops over the last few years, and there was a couple Saturday (they probably got excited that they might actually be able to run after catching it). Play calling at times has not been good, but in some of the games this year, and again on Saturday, I just don't even know what they could call with any kind of confidence when he's that erratic. The problem is that I don't know if we have anything better, but if we are going to try something different, now is the time with the two games upcoming. We need to recruit better if this is the best we have for 2 more years... hopefully, he'll make me eat my words.
                  Last edited by Alfred33; 10-21-2019, 06:15 AM.

Comment

This is an overreaction... we control our own destiny. I don't necessarily disagree about giving other guys a shot, but to call the playoffs a pipe dream is silly. Yeah, we could lose to Hays and UCM and potentially get knocked out, because both of those teams have the ability to attack our flaws. It could happen, but if we win 1 of those two, we're in without any drama.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

2 of those three years have been with BW... benefit of the doubt was given that he would improve in year two and thus far he hasn't, he's gone backwards if anything. His athleticism was a welcome sight his freshman year after suffering through the previous year with a line that wasn't able to protect. A quarterback that can hit an open receiver can cure a lot of ills offensively... I'm not talking about difficult down the field throws either. He misses running backs in the flat by throwing at their knees or behind them... he missed a 10 yard out on the side of the field he was rolling to by a mile in the UNK game. It's bad. Yes, there have been issues with drops over the last few years, and there was a couple Saturday (they probably got excited that they might actually be able to run after catching it). Play calling at times has not been good, but in some of the games this year, and again on Saturday, I just don't even know what they could call with any kind of confidence when he's that erratic. The problem is that I don't know if we have anything better, but if we going to try something different, now is the time with the two games upcoming. We need to recruit better if this is the best we have for 2 more years... hopefully, he'll make me eat my words.
                      Don't upset the Nebraska Fan Apple Cart, or they will come after you full force. BW is not the answer this year, and really not sure who is. I would say get Honhensee some more reps along with Kowalski just to see if in fact we do have a qb that can actually pass the ball with confidence. On the other side of things, I believe there has to be a coaching change, and that is at the OC Level and maybe along the DB's coach. We have certainly digressed in both those. This is RW's team, but he has yet to change much in terms of offense. We have bascially ran the same crap for years now. Any descent DC from any other MIAA team has a plethora of film on us.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

2 of those three years have been with BW... benefit of the doubt was given that he would improve in year two and thus far he hasn't, he's gone backwards if anything. His athleticism was a welcome sight his freshman year after suffering through the previous year with a line that wasn't able to protect. A quarterback that can hit an open receiver can cure a lot of ills offensively... I'm not talking about difficult down the field throws either. He misses running backs in the flat by throwing at their knees or behind them... he missed a 10 yard out on the side of the field he was rolling to by a mile in the UNK game. It's bad. Yes, there have been issues with drops over the last few years, and there was a couple Saturday (they probably got excited that they might actually be able to run after catching it). Play calling at times has not been good, but in some of the games this year, and again on Saturday, I just don't even know what they could call with any kind of confidence when he's that erratic. The problem is that I don't know if we have anything better, but if we are going to try something different, now is the time with the two games upcoming. We need to recruit better if this is the best we have for 2 more years... hopefully, he'll make me eat my words.
                        It was a timing route - and the QB & WR weren't on the same page. Not sure who screwed up, could very easily have been the WR who ran the wrong route (that's not their strong suit - they apparently haven't been coached that in a while) As far as throwing at the knees - it frustrates me too, but apparently it is a technique that coaches are teaching these days. I've seen it a lot lately in college football. I think it's stupid as it limits the YAC, but it does reduce the chances of interception. Reminds me of what Tom Osborn used to say about passing - there are three things that can happen when you pass the ball - and two of them aren't good!
                        Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatDude View Post

It was a timing route - and the QB & WR weren't on the same page. Not sure who screwed up, could very easily have been the WR who ran the wrong route (that's not their strong suit - they apparently haven't been coached that in a while) As far as throwing at the knees - it frustrates me too, but apparently it is a technique that coaches are teaching these days. I've seen it a lot lately in college football. I think it's stupid as it limits the YAC, but it does reduce the chances of interception. Reminds me of what Tom Osborn used to say about passing - there are three things that can happen when you pass the ball - and two of them aren't good!
                          If the route was to take the receiver 8 yards out of bounds, then yes, it was the receivers fault. I kid... kind of. I'll give you that technique is definitely an issue with our with receivers and their route running as well as the way our quarterback gets (or doesn't) into a good throwing position. I agree with others, that responsibility is shared by the offensive coaches... Rich may have to make some difficult decisions. However, I don't believe they're telling BW to throw bad passes so he doesn't get intercepted, especially on passes behind the line of scrimmage... he just hasn't been very good. I would like to think he would say the same thing.

Comment

Comment

+1 I would like to see an OC who isn't inbred from the NW family tree. Maybe someone who has the experience as OC and playcalling and not learning on the job. Preferably someone from the area who already has the connections with the local high schools. I know that Boda came from the NAIA as a winner - they may want to search there again. AD had RW to take care of the defensive side of the ball, he didn't have to worry at all about that. HCRW needs someone like that to be the OC & Assist HC so that he doesn't have to worry at all about the O and can focus on the D.
                              Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X