Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post

Yes, without a doubt.
    The real question is.....do you really think the Baboons are a legitimate threat to get a bowl bid? LOL
    Would've lost to Pitt (a horrible team) if our freshman QBs didn't lay eggs at the end of the game. I'm sure you guys are contenders though.

Comment

On a day when UCM qb Brook Bolles had his worst passing day, the Mules running game and especially the Mules defense stepped up to secure the win. Sometimes you have to be good enough to win even when your team is not hitting on all cylinders. I was at the game and Pitt State is a good football team and much better than their 5-3 record. Man, sometimes that's just how things roll and we've all been there, and it sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillasAllDay View Post
        You really think this Mules team is a legitimate playoff threat??
        Deep run, no unless Bolles is on fire. Win a game, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
          I gotta give ucm some credit. The batplane doesn't just show up for every team.
          Whiteman Air Force Base is 10 miles down the road. The base and the university have a close relationship and a lot of the base personnel take classes at UCM. A flyover by the B2 Stealth Bomber is beyond awesome and the fans and players love it. Pitt State's last two games at UCM have had flyovers by the "batplane".. If you've never seen it in person, it's really jaw dropping cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post

Whiteman Air Force Base is 10 miles down the road. The base and the university have a close relationship and a lot of the base personnel take classes at UCM. A flyover by the B2 Stealth Bomber is beyond awesome and the fans and players love it. Pitt State's last two games at UCM have had flyovers by the "batplane".. If you've never seen it in person, it's really jaw dropping cool.
            Yeah it's a really cool thing. I'll have to get up there and see it sometime. If Pitt ever stops sucking, I will.

Comment

Originally posted by Donkeydamus View Post
              On a day when UCM qb Brook Bolles had his worst passing day, the Mules running game and especially the Mules defense stepped up to secure the win. Sometimes you have to be good enough to win even when your team is not hitting on all cylinders. I was at the game and Pitt State is a good football team and much better than their 5-3 record. Man, sometimes that's just how things roll and we've all been there, and it sucks.
              Brook Bolles had a bad passing day 2 weeks in a row because he played the only 2 halfway decent passing defenses in the league.

I mostly agree with the rest. Saturday was definitely a good team win for the mules. Their DE's are very good and forced the young Pitt QB's into multiple terrible decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Brook Bolles had a bad passing day 2 weeks in a row because he played the only 2 halfway decent passing defenses in the league.

I mostly agree with the rest. Saturday was definitely a good team win for the mules. Their DE's are very good and forced the young Pitt QB's into multiple terrible decisions.

Bolles completion percentage has sucked the last two weeks( 50% +/-) against good pass defenses. Bolles will need to get his passing mojo back for the stretch run and beyond. On 3rd and 5, I would like to some 10 yard timing patterns (slants, hooks, etc) and not so many bombs....pick better spots to go for it all.....sometimes you just need to get a first down.

Comment

Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post

Bolles completion percentage has sucked the last two weeks( 50% +/-) against good pass defenses. Bolles will need to get his passing mojo back for the stretch run and beyond. On 3rd and 5, I would like to some 10 yard timing patterns (slants, hooks, etc) and not so many bombs....pick better spots to go for it all.....sometimes you just need to get a first down.
                  Yeah, this will be even more true if UCM is going to try to make a playoff run. Counting on enough of the downfield passes to hit to make up for the higher number of incompletions could be especially important if UCM plays a bad weather game.

While I think UCM is a better team, I do think NW could be a tough matchup for UCM. UCM was able to sustain some drives against Pitt State yesterday because the run game was able to be so effective pretty much whenever it wanted to be. That won't be there against NW. I also think Rankin's running approach is a more athletic version of Mlekus's (both pretty good at being patient), so if NW play calls well, the NW offense could play keep away.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post

While I think UCM is a better team, I do think NW could be a tough matchup for UCM. UCM was able to sustain some drives against Pitt State yesterday because the run game was able to be so effective pretty much whenever it wanted to be. That won't be there against NW. I also think Rankin's running approach is a more athletic version of Mlekus's (both pretty good at being patient), so if NW play calls well, the NW offense could play keep away.
                    That is some funny $hit right there.

Go Hounds!
                    B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                    Cyclone Power
                    ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Just a personal note: We all root for are own teams first and I think 90% also pull for the conference representative even when their own team doesn't make it. Northwest has had more success than everybody else and they are always a class act when it comes to supporting other conference teams in the postseason. Why does it always seem like the Pitt State posters are always the ones with the stick up their ass?
                      I'm in the 10%. I root for the other conference teams to lose every game unless it helps NW is some manner. Another MIAA team winning a PO game does zero good for NW unless it removes a difficult team from NW's path should they be in the POs as well.

Comment

Originally posted by cbgorilla View Post

That JC you speak of kicked the **** out your asses just a year ago...lol
                        You don't keep the moole down 1 year and look what happens! You need to remind Beck he has but one job.

Comment

Just a personal note: We all root for are own teams first and I think 90% also pull for the conference representative even when their own team doesn't make it. Northwest has had more success than everybody else and they are always a class act when it comes to supporting other conference teams in the postseason. Why does it always seem like the Pitt State posters are always the ones with the stick up their ass?

Comment

Only during the first part of the year when they are like 5-0, havent' played anybody worth a crap, are talking playoffs and then the wings, tail, wheels and engine come apart. It then brings them back to reality. Well at least some of them. Beck still is somewhat delusional in his "We are going to the Playoffs" thinking.

Comment

Relax Herd. Just trying to throw as much shade as possible on the Pitt posters, even if I had to gag my way through some false praise for nw posters.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
                                Only during the first part of the year when they are like 5-0, havent' played anybody worth a crap, are talking playoffs and then the wings, tail, wheels and engine come apart. It then brings them back to reality. Well at least some of them. Beck still is somewhat delusional in his "We are going to the Playoffs" thinking.
                                I'd like to see the post of Pitt fans talking playoffs. Pitt fans came into this year very reserved and I don't recall any fan beating their chest about this team, especially when we all found out Bonehead Beck was going to go with the veer.

This is just hyperbole dribble from your ever flapping lips.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X