Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Bolles having "the touch" solely depends on if he is playing against a decent pass defense or not. That said, the back end of the UNK D isn't as good as last year.

As a pure passer only, I think the Hays QB is the best in the league by a pretty wide margin. (Except maybe the kid at MoSo?) Not the best QB, but the best passer.

I also don't think UNK beating NW was a complete fluke, either. They played lots upper teams close last year and this year. It was a matter of time before they started dinging a few of those teams. They are built to hang around and make you beat yourself.

I think the UCM D lacks the speed to shut down their option, but do think they should be able to outscore them.
    The kid at Hays has nothing without that dynamic reciever...I think is No. 87. Guy is lile 11 foot 12 and 250 and is fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman View Post

UNK has nothing to play for as they are drawing dead for the POs. So this game really only has something on the line for Central.
      I get why Northwest fans think playoffs are a God-given right and anything less is meaningless, but it's a bullsh** mentality, and I'm not even talking about the rah-rah "every game matters" line. It's a huge game for UNK's program - wins over the top two teams in the conference to ensure a winning record would be a leap forward.

Comment

What's the explanation for Pitt rolling UNK then? If UNK is all that they don't lose to Pitt.

Rare will you find the college team that wants a "pure passer only" these days. The game is about the ability to make dynamic plays with your arm and legs. Which Bollesv3.0 has. UNK isn't winning this game without turnovers by Central.
        I'll clarify, but you have to promise to ice your bunghole before you read it, since that pain has obviously made you incapable of comprehending a simple internet post.

I didn't say UNK was all that. I said they are a team that hangs around and can bite teams in the arse. The real question is how did the crappy NW team beat the crappy Pitt team convincingly.

I didn't say the kid from Hays was a pure passer. I said he was a great passer. He is also developing into a good QB. Bolles is definitely the better all around QB. That's why I clarified.

Pitt's speed on D was a matchup problem for UNK. Just like NW's was for UNK. Both teams shut down their option. Pitt was diverse enough on O. (Or goofy enough) to exploit the back end of the UNK defense. Pitt scored 14 off turnovers and threw 3 td passes. Rushing stats against the UNK D were similar for Pitt and NW with NW having a slightly higher Yards per carry, but Pitt stuck with it and ate clock. Both teams lost the turnover battle, but Pitt scored 14 off TO's vs 7, while NW scored 0 vs 14. That and the Passing were the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post

The kid at Hays has nothing without that dynamic reciever...I think is No. 87. Guy is lile 11 foot 12 and 250 and is fast.
          We'll see. You could be right, but he placed the ball where only his guy could get it over and over against Pitt. Bolles, Wright, etc, etc, etc can't do that. Maybe the MW kid can, idk? I know Schurig sure looks bad without the stud WR this year, so we'll find out.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

I get why Northwest fans think playoffs are a God-given right and anything less is meaningless, but it's a bullsh** mentality, and I'm not even talking about the rah-rah "every game matters" line. It's a huge game for UNK's program - wins over the top two teams in the conference to ensure a winning record would be a leap forward.
            They are still playing for a bowl bid, for that matter.

Comment

Hays #87. I think he ran it, threw it, and caught it succesfully against Pitt. I hope he graduates soon.

Comment

What's the explanation for Pitt rolling UNK then? If UNK is all that they don't lose to Pitt.

Rare will you find the college team that wants a "pure passer only" these days. The game is about the ability to make dynamic plays with your arm and legs. Which Bollesv3.0 has. UNK isn't winning this game without turnovers by Central.
                NW tried that "Pure Passer Crap" a few years back with that A.A. kid from Iowa Western, who couldn't run for ****t. Then they turned to Baker who wasn't much better.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

When you acknowledge football is ded in Lincoln....

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post

For UNK to even have a remote chance, UCM would have to totally go in the tank like northwest ( bad coaching, brain dead qb, and totally crap your pants with 4 turnovers). And laughingly, that appears to be the critical foundation of proof and reason for all the "out of towners" now jumping on the Loper wagon.
                    i mean

i would have typed this exact post

only more elegantly
                    Go Bearcats!
                    M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

UNK has nothing to play for as they are drawing dead for the POs. So this game really only has something on the line for Central.
                      Any incentive for UNK to win and maybe get a bowl game?

Comment

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post

i mean

only more elegantly
                        no capital letters

or punctuation

would be a good place to start

Comment

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post

i mean

only more elegantly
                          Go ahead and give it a shot. lol

Comment

UNK's week to try and ground air 'Boda and 'keep the Mooles down.' Go 'Lopers!

Comment

Everybody associates the Mules with the 'Air Boda' offense. The fact is, the Mules have the #2 rushing offense in the MIAA to go along with a potent passing attack. GO MULES.

Comment

In the words of Penny Chenowich it's True the Mules have the 2nd best rushing in the MIAA....

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X