X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HookemHerd
    replied
    Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
    ^^^that presumes you know their intent. unless i missed it i didn't hear george floyd mentioned by name or the police officers involved, or minny, etc. as viewers we're inserting context b/c of current events that may or may not be there.
    the video also looks like teenage girls' horseplay at every slumber party since the beginning of time.
    it could be innocent, or not. i have no idea. i'm not interested in defending them but i can't read their minds either.

Leave a comment:

• Opinionated
    replied

Leave a comment:

• northwest missouri state
    replied
    ^^^that presumes you know their intent. unless i missed it i didn't hear george floyd mentioned by name or the police officers involved, or minny, etc. as viewers we're inserting context b/c of current events that may or may not be there.
    the video also looks like teenage girls' horseplay at every slumber party since the beginning of time.
    it could be innocent, or not. i have no idea. i'm not interested in defending them but i can't read their minds either.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    The video is racist, insensitive, and a terrible decision all rolled into one.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by Wallst View Post

They would rescind the offer because a crime was committed or because of how it looks to the university?
    The video while insensitive is not a crime and to me is an example of kids taking things too far.
    I know I committed several misdemeanors when I was in college. Thank God for no camera phones and only the beginnings of an internet back then!
    In my experience, administrations are hellbent on image - so they would rescind the offer because of how it reflects on the university. They don't want their public image tarnished.

Leave a comment:

• Wallst
    replied
    Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

They'd probably rescind the offer I would imagine.
    They would rescind the offer because a crime was committed or because of how it looks to the university?
    The video while insensitive is not a crime and to me is an example of kids taking things too far.
    I know I committed several misdemeanors when I was in college. Thank God for no camera phones and only the beginnings of an internet back then!

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    They'd probably rescind the offer I would imagine.

Leave a comment:

• Opinionated
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied
    Originally posted by backintheday View Post
    This may not help....enrollment or recruiting

https://www.nwmissourinews.com/news/...48a60464c.html
    There's little they can do because of the first amendment. If you read the story, some other kids involved in it have withdrawn from their colleges of choice. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Leave a comment:

• backintheday
    replied
    This may not help....enrollment or recruiting

https://www.nwmissourinews.com/news/...48a60464c.html

Leave a comment:

• Shanghai Mule
    replied
    Yes, reparations are due from Iowa. Those pig farmers came to Maryville.....got educated on the cheap and then stole the best cornfed coeds and retreated back to Iowa.
    Last edited by Shanghai Mule; 06-05-2020, 03:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• OPSUALUM77&81
    replied
    I think reparations are due to somebody over your words and actions.

Leave a comment:

• OPSUALUM77&81
    replied
    I think reparations are due to somebody over your actions.

Leave a comment:

• voicefromthestands
    replied
    Was there and did that.

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X