Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Offseason Stadiums thread

I believe the new stadium motto is "Come for the bed races, Cinnamon Roll Contests, and a chance to tailgate at the 5th wheel trailer, leave for the football.....on second thought just stay out in the parking lot" I haven't been back to CSS in a while but I think that seems accurate. I also have to say on the East Side the Sun is freaking brutal if its above 75

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsix98 View Post
      I believe the new stadium motto is "Come for the bed races, Cinnamon Roll Contests, and a chance to tailgate at the 5th wheel trailer, leave for the football.....on second thought just stay out in the parking lot" I haven't been back to CSS in a while but I think that seems accurate. I also have to say on the East Side the Sun is freaking brutal if its above 75
      You gotta wear a hat! But the bed races and cinnamon roll contests are no more, but the tailgater is still there, a long with cars from a dealer in the south endzone.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
        You gotta wear a hat! But the bed races and cinnamon roll contests are no more, but the tailgater is still there, a long with cars from a dealer in the south endzone.
        Little known fact: in addition to coaching the Gorillas to two national titles, Carnie Smith was also a successful realtor, used car and RV & trailers salesman.

Comment

Well, the last few posts certainly shed light on GB's comment about "Mickey Mouse setting".....interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post
            Little known fact: in addition to coaching the Gorillas to two national titles, Carnie Smith was also a successful realtor, used car and RV & trailers salesman.
            Given the previously described carnival atmosphere surrounding the stadium, it makes sense that ole Carnie Smith was not only a great coach, but also a great promoter.

Carnie Smith Stadium & Sideshow...... for the many, not the few.....dilly...dilly.
            Last edited by Shanghai Mule; 02-25-2019, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post
              Doc wadley isnt the newest or fanciest. But the home stand have some of the best sightlines. row 1 is 8 feet above field and less than 10 yards from field.
              row 40 are all very close to the action is still close to game and is like watching a coaches game film.

I have been to 8 other d2stadiums and three d1. And none have same experience in watching a game. Imo.

And I've been at the place when there was above 8k. And it is very loud. Because both stands are very vertical . Hopefully it will be a great crowd again

Apparently they do not have an 8 lane track at the football stadium. Do they have track and field? at another site?

Comment

I think we all have that problem be it chairs or bleachers.

Comment

Originally posted by Aging Bearcat Fan View Post
                  Apparently they do not have an 8 lane track at the football stadium. Do they have track and field? at another site?
                  They have a track behind stadium. It's not best quality. We dropped track when went d2. It gives doc wadley a different feel when watching a game. Esp on home side.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X