X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hang Brandon.....Hang Brandon........Hang Brandon

Comment

Originally posted by Gridiron Bobby View Post
      the narrative was asking who had done well besides being at NW.
      And I listed all of them for comparison sake.

Comment

Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post

WTF - Now you're trying to change the subject....
        Huh?

Comment

My question wasn't meant to diminish their accomplishments at Northwest. Don Doucette and Doug Karleskint prove that just because you are handed the keys to the car doesn't mean you know how to drive it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

He managed the death of his predecessor and then took the team to greater heights than Tjeerdsma ever had.

Fritz has been a great example of how good the opposing coaches were in the MIAA. It's also possible that Willie is better at managing a team at the higher levels than he is at this level, which takes a different approach.

Kim Anderson is still a great coach even though he didn't get it done at Missouri.

Comment

Comment

I doubt that his coaching skills have diminished, so it must be recruiting. With UCM's basketball history, was it easier for Anderson to recruit good talent to UCM vs Pitt State which is better know as a football school? I don't know, just throwing it out there. Of course, if that was the case then why has coach K been such a failure at UCM. He inherited some recruiting capital from Anderson and apparently wasted it. Any thoughts on Anderson from Pitt fans who follow the basketball team closely?

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post

Outside of inheriting Mel's car keys at Northwest, the jury is still out. I'm willing to give Adam another couple of years at Abilene Christian to see if he can turn it around. Former UCM coach Willie Fritz hasn't done to bad for himself......just saying..
                  I think Dorell is a great recruiter/coach. He took a very legit program and took them to a level that nobody could compete with. Once he left they came back down to earth and are good but are very bearable.

Question is how great. Mel built the program and it recruits itself. Maybe Wright is just a level below

Comment

I doubt that his coaching skills have diminished, so it must be recruiting. With UCM's basketball history, was it easier for Anderson to recruit good talent to UCM vs Pitt State which is better know as a football school? I don't know, just throwing it out there. Of course, if that was the case then why has coach K been such a failure at UCM. He inherited some recruiting capital from Anderson and apparently wasted it. Any thoughts on Anderson from Pitt fans who follow the basketball team closely?
                    I think in Men's Basketball the head coach is more of a recruiter. Haven't been to any games this year and likely won't go, But I follow and watch when I can. I just don't see any improvement from one year to the next

Comment

Last edited by northwest missouri state; 01-19-2021, 04:26 PM.
                      Go Bearcats!
                      M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post

WTF - Now you're trying to change the subject.... .slouch it off..... and compare Abilene Christian to Mizzou...... get out of here with that beercat crap.
                        lol
                        thar was delightful ty
                        Go Bearcats!
                        M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Nice typing skills. I remember my first beer.

Comment

game respeks game
                            Go Bearcats!
                            M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by Gridiron Bobby View Post

Nice typing skills. I remember my first beer.
                              Good one Bobby. I have no frigging idea what northwest missouri state just said.

Comment

The Mizzou gig was extremely hard on KA. I am glad to see him coaching again but some of it comes down to his assistants. Haggerty and Loos were both good recruiters. Haggerty went on to a head coaching gig and was successful to start and then things turned. Loos was there for the entire KA experience and told me personally that the train wreck he inherited at UCM was better off than what he inherited at Mizzou.

Can he still coach? Yup, but getting his players to buy in to play as a team and defend is a different animal. Since KA been at Pitt, I have not seen players that were willing to play defense like he had a UCM. That, IMO is what makes NW special. They are getting players who play there style and buy into that philosophy. That's hard to do these days as defense is lacking at most levels.

As for Mel's coaching tree, take away those that took over at NW, it's not that great. However, other than those promoted from within at NW, the teams that they went to were not that good (other than 'Boda taking over for Willie at UCM) thus making it very difficult to build a program and win. Case in point Lambo at Kearney. Will also be interesting on how Coach Mac does at Wayne. IMO opinion, Wagner did a great job at Angelo. Furthermore, was he considered to be a top assistant prior to leaving?
                                Last edited by Gorilla John 92; 01-19-2021, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X