Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conference Realignment Thoughts

So with all the conference realignment moves, specifically within the FCS, thoughts about NWMS going to the OVC if invited due to EKU and JSU leaving? I have no idea if there is any interest either way, but would be interesting. NWMS has been dominate in fb and bb at the D2 level, and with a school such as SIUE in the OVC I don't think it's that's far-fetched. Also with Southland thinking about raiding some Texas D2 schools they wouldn't be the only ones making a jump. I understand that a few sports will have to be added, but from a competition standpoint, I think it would be a welcomed challenge for NWMS, even if only as a wish more than reality. Thoughts?

Originally posted by JWill_Fit View Post
    So with all the conference realignment moves, specifically within the FCS, thoughts about NWMS going to the OVC if invited due to EKU and JSU leaving? I have no idea if there is any interest either way, but would be interesting. NWMS has been dominate in fb and bb at the D2 level, and with a school such as SIUE in the OVC I don't think it's that's far-fetched. Also with Southland thinking about raiding some Texas D2 schools they wouldn't be the only ones making a jump. I understand that a few sports will have to be added, but from a competition standpoint, I think it would be a welcomed challenge for NWMS, even if only as a wish more than reality. Thoughts?

Comment

Interesting but won't happen. NW is D2 forever. It doesn't have the money, resources or facilities to make such a move.
      Go Hounds!
      B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
      Cyclone Power
      ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

I agree as well that they have a national brand as a top school within D2. That is part of the intrigue, others are watching and noticing as well. Others have tried and soon regretted which is another good point. I don't think they'll go....but I wonder if they'll listen

Comment

I would rather be Northwest Missouri State in D2 than Southeast Missouri State in D1.

Comment

there are too many schools in d1 that belong in d2. we'd be another.
            there are too many schools in d2 that belong in d3 or naia.
            Go Bearcats!
            M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Logistics aside and talking purely about how competitive they'd be. I don't see them being better than .500. I think there has been a slight drop off in the quality of teams they have fielded under this coaching regime. Program has still been successful, because they are doing well recruiting, but they've lost some good coaches and it shows. For example NW Oline hasn't been anything special in a while. They did have great ones for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post
                Logistics aside and talking purely about how competitive they'd be. I don't see them being better than .500. I think there has been a slight drop off in the quality of teams they have fielded under this coaching regime. Program has still been successful, because they are doing well recruiting, but they've lost some good coaches and it shows. For example NW Oline hasn't been anything special in a while. They did have great ones for a while.
                Yep, we are a basketball school now. Merely hope to hold our own in football going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverGreen View Post

Yep, we are a basketball school now. Merely hope to hold our own in football going forward.

lol - It was bad enough when you dominated in football (still do) and now you're also pounding everyone in basketball, doesn't hardly seem fair.

Comment

Northwest has every thing you need to be successful in D! FCS except a local urban area to sell tickets to in mid week events. It is not time to go up. the big payouts are not going to be coming down anymore. better to stay where they are and continue to be an asset to the university in attracting funds and students

Comment

While the O-line was down for a few years, I saw improvement in 2019 for sure and I think they will be a strength this year, especially for how young they are overall. Just my opinion.

Comment

Lincoln should move up.

Comment

Originally posted by Fro-th_and_goal View Post

While the O-line was down for a few years, I saw improvement in 2019 for sure and I think they will be a strength this year, especially for how young they are overall. Just my opinion.
                          I'm not saying they are bad. But definitely notice when schools lines drop off after almost 20 years of watching this conference. Maybe due to style of play. I've seen WU and Mowest drop off from being maulers. Then NW dropped off. Really most consistent physical OLine has been UCO. So maybe just a product of offensive system changes. Hays a big thing they have lacked is a OL that matches physicality of defense.

Comment

I'm not saying they are bad. But definitely notice when schools lines drop off after almost 20 years of watching this conference. Maybe due to style of play. I've seen WU and Mowest drop off from being maulers. Then NW dropped off. Really most consistent physical OLine has been UCO. So maybe just a product of offensive system changes. Hays a big thing they have lacked is a OL that matches physicality of defense.
                            UNK Oline is worth a mention, too.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X