Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Challenge Rank: 3 Best Recruiting Situations

I surprised not many mention UCO. I know they have "won" much, but it's an ideal location.

Tremendous talent in-state and near other big talent producing place. 3 Hours from Fort Smith, Dallas, and Wichita. 1 hour from Tulsa. A couple of hours from the big Kasnas JCs. Basically OKC's backyard. Fairly nice facilities.

They are just a coaching staff that develops talent/cohesiveness away from being a beast.

Comment

Originally posted by PSR View Post
      He specified NCAA.

Take in all of playoff wins and it's not. Also Pitt doesn't have the time in NCAA that NW does.

Once you consider both the disparity isn't that much.
      Gotcha. Makes sense. Although all of NW's PO wins have some since Mel came to NW. Only made them twice before then 1984 and 1989...and lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
        The second part of this conversation is really just a side not to the original. I have always believed the last four years are the most important to a recruit because that's when they become serious about recruiting. The history still matters, but the smaller window is more important.
        Kids have such short memories that it's really probably only two years for them. It's about recency and dominance. Kids don't care about Pitts title in 11. It's what can I brag about now. "I'm going to NW, they had this many titles in the last 10 years. Or I'm going to this school, they were champs last year."

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post
          Kids have such short memories that it's really probably only two years for them. It's about recency and dominance. Kids don't care about Pitts title in 11. It's what can I brag about now. "I'm going to NW, they had this many titles in the last 10 years. Or I'm going to this school, they were champs last year."
          Those big NCAA trophies mean something on recruiting trips. Like everything, it's different for each kid.

Comment

I guess at Fart Hayes, you can show the recruits a Full trophy and half a trophy...that ought to impress them...going back your two years. :smile-big:

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
              I guess at Fart Hayes, you can show the recruits a Full trophy and half a trophy...that ought to impress them...going back your two years. :smile-big:
              Kids are very impressed by league titles. Only a dumb dumb would think otherwise. Kids ask their fathers during visits "but if they won the head to head, why is it co-champs?" And their fathers reply "nobody knows son."

Comment

Kids are very impressed by league titles. Only a dumb dumb would think otherwise. Kids ask their fathers during visits "but if they won the head to head, why is it co-champs?" And their fathers reply "nobody knows son."
                Really? My dad would have said because 2 teams finished the 11 game season with the same record. He wouldn't have claimed that 1 week was more important than the other 10.

Comment

it did make me semi laugh
                  you should feel good about yerself tday hh
                  Go Bearcats!
                  M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                    Really? My dad would have said because 2 teams finished the 11 game season with the same record. He wouldn't have claimed that 1 week was more important than the other 10.
                    Well then dumbass apple didn't fall far from the dumbass tree.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                      I highly doubt the kids even think about those things. They simply see trophies.

Comment

FHSU: "But dad, this team has two co-titles in the MIAA the past two years!"
                        Dad (NWMSU): "Hold my beer son."

Comment

Originally posted by OICU812 View Post
                          They won the outright title in 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by OICU812 View Post
                            Factually incorrect. Also you screwed up how the hold my beer joke goes. Two L's...Much like the two L's NW suffered at Home against Hays.

Comment

Comment

Thank God GrifFan was here to weigh in.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X