Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Since 2000

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
    Zuerlein's the obvious choice for Missouri Western as far as the player who excelled at his position. I've never heard anything quite like the boom of the ball off his foot. 9-9 from 50+, 21 straight FGs made, heading into his 8th NFL season, etc. But for those who don't think kickers are football players, or that one year at the school isn't enough, some other nominees:

RB Michael Hill, all-time leading rusher, MIAA Offensive POTY in 2012
    TE Gijon Robinson, 3-time all-MIAA, HM All-American, played in a Super Bowl
    DE David Bass, Upshaw finalist, first Griffon invited to the NFL Combine, had a pick 6 for the Bears
    OL Roger Allen, started all 48 games in his career, Little All-American, saw action for a couple of NFL seasons

There are others - including Zuerlein, there are five Griffons on NFL rosters heading in to camp, and there were several from earlier seasons that didn't get an opportunity. But my choice would probably be one of the above.
    All of those guys were great. Speaking of Bass, it makes me wonder how terrifying that front four would have been if Charles Harris had gone to MoWest. That would have been the same time, right?

Comment

You didn't like Travis Partridge?

Comment

Toby Korrodi UCM
        Michael Dyer Pitt State
        Everyones ROTC when they play Lincoln, having to do hundreds of pushups.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post
          Toby Korrodi UCM
          Michael Dyer Pitt State
          Everyones ROTC when they play Lincoln, having to do hundreds of pushups.
          If I was in ROTC during that game, might be a good time to call in sick!!!!

Comment

For CentralMO, I would go with FS Kendall Ricketts. He's the only Mule player to ever receive some type of all-american honor in 3 different seasons.

Comment

If memory serves me LC broke his leg 2 different times

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post
                Also, NW should have a DL category and an All Other Positions category. Their fans' lists would make more sense that way.
                I am not sure that "NW fans" and "sense" go well together in the same sentence without the use of "no".....

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
                  I am not sure that "NW fans" and "sense" go well together in the same sentence without the use of "no".....
                  Let me see if I can work it in.

"NW Fans celebrated Tyler Roach's block, no sense in denying it."

Comment

Originally posted by catz54 View Post
                    Let me see if I can work it in.

"NW Fans celebrated Tyler Roach's block, no sense in denying it."
                    Hey let me defend RC and IO and the other CWU fans.

I give them crap time to time about the block. For instance, a PSAC fan was asking about places to visit in the Pacific Northwest. I told him to visit a set of coordinates that ended up being the spot where Roach blocked the kick. For great fans of that program like those two, it was a devastating play. They take it in stride and are cool as can be about it.

There is one fan base and one PSU fan that are cool enough that I feel like I can make a comment or two about my alma mater without them freaking out about it. I think a lot of those guys. I think the teasing of NW fans by them is because of my comments. I know you don't get riled up about anything and were just having fun with them, but I wanted to sort of point out why their jokes might be happening.

Comment

While I 'sense' some lingering animosity in Runnin' Cat's comments, I will be sensitive and refrain from posting photos of the aforementioned block.

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post
                        While I 'sense' some lingering animosity in Runnin' Cat's comments, I will be sensitive and refrain from posting photos of the aforementioned block.
                        I still have nightmares and hear that "thud".

I may have to go to Marysville and see a game, and maybe, on the off chance, meet the villain that stole our NC.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                          Hey let me defend RC and IO and the other CWU fans.

I give them crap time to time about the block. For instance, a PSAC fan was asking about places to visit in the Pacific Northwest. I told him to visit a set of coordinates that ended up being the spot where Roach blocked the kick. For great fans of that program like those two, it was a devastating play. They take it in stride and are cool as can be about it.

There is one fan base and one PSU fan that are cool enough that I feel like I can make a comment or two about my alma mater without them freaking out about it. I think a lot of those guys. I think the teasing of NW fans by them is because of my comments. I know you don't get riled up about anything and were just having fun with them, but I wanted to sort of point out why their jokes might be happening.
                          That was a brilliant post on the coordinates. I knew right away what it was.

Facilities probably should have done a better job of watering that part of the field....

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post
                            Say, do you still have the picture (or maybe it was someone else) of the MO West defensive end who got kicked out of the 2012 quarterfinal playoff game in Mankato for pounding the crap out of Adam Thielen after he was holding for the PAT near the end of the game? It showed him drop kicking his own helmet as he walked off the field. Some Northwest fan posted it on here.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                              Say, do you still have the picture (or maybe it was someone else) of the MO West defensive end who got kicked out of the 2012 quarterfinal playoff game in Mankato for pounding the crap out of Adam Thielen after he was holding for the PAT near the end of the game? It showed him drop kicking his own helmet as he walked off the field. Some Northwest fan posted it on here.
                              Just consider yourself lucky that he didn't shank anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                                Sorry, that was not me!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X