Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pitt at MoWest

2 pretty good offenses, one opportunistic defense, one pretty good defense.

The 2 teams with the least sacks by a team not named Lincoln.

I predict a lot of scoring through the air.

#5 with another 30 yard TD run to surprise everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
      2 pretty good offenses, one opportunistic defense, one pretty good defense.

The 2 teams with the least sacks by a team not named Lincoln.

I predict a lot of scoring through the air.
      I disagree. We proved vs NW we can run the ball, at least in the first half, on just about anyone. I think we try and take the air out of the ball, and have 5-6 minute drives. On defense we will play that soft zone that drives me insane but will hopefully keep the MW receivers in front of them and eliminate big plays. I'm not sure if MW is able to sustain a 12 play 80 yard drive without a turnover or imploding by committing silly penalties. If they are able to sustain drives and keep Pitt from running the ball, good on them. Otherwise they could be in trouble.

Comment

We are averaging a respectable 4yd/carry...

Comment

It will largely come down to who is playing on the offensive line for us and how banged up we are.
          Defensively, hopefully we can get Jennings back this week as he hurt himself during warm ups this week.

As much as those NFL scouts have been coming by, I would be expecting better results on pass defense.

Is our all american corner unable to play man?

Comment

Do not kick it to Vavel...

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
              It will largely come down to who is playing on the offensive line for us and how banged up we are.
              Defensively, hopefully we can get Jennings back this week as he hurt himself during warm ups this week.

As much as those NFL scouts have been coming by, I would be expecting better results on pass defense.

Is our all american corner unable to play man?
              He leads us in INT's. Plus lack of a pass rush and scheme play into the overall stats too.

Comment

best game on a meh slate.
                pitt should win but they could screw it up.
                Go Bearcats!
                M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post

I disagree. We proved vs NW we can run the ball, at least in the first half, on just about anyone. I think we try and take the air out of the ball, and have 5-6 minute drives. On defense we will play that soft zone that drives me insane but will hopefully keep the MW receivers in front of them and eliminate big plays. I'm not sure if MW is able to sustain a 12 play 80 yard drive without a turnover or imploding by committing silly penalties. If they are able to sustain drives and keep Pitt from running the ball, good on them. Otherwise they could be in trouble.
                  If Horack is all the way back, the running game will be a lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
                    best game on a meh slate.
                    pitt should win but they could screw it up.
                    I think Washburn especially if Schurig is out vs UCO could be a sneaky good game especially at UCO after their big stadium announcment this week. Another one to watch, albeit with zero playoff implications is ESU vs MOSO. Has ESU thrown in the towel on 2021 and is MOSO for real as a rising team in the MIAA?

Comment

Pitt has won its last 4 at Spratt Stadium and are 5-1 in our last 6 games with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post

He leads us in INT's. Plus lack of a pass rush and scheme play into the overall stats too.
                        He does, but its only by 1, and he hasn't had one since in the last month. But that could possibly be that they aren't throwing his direction much anymore. I admittedly, do not watch the defensive back field much while the play is unfolding, It isn't until they play is in the area already.

Comment

Originally posted by PSR View Post
                          Pitt has won its last 4 at Spratt Stadium and are 5-1 in our last 6 games with them.
                          Pitt St. definitely trending toward being the beast of the MIAA again.
                          Go Hounds!
                          B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                          Cyclone Power
                          ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post

Pitt St. definitely trending toward being the beast of the MIAA again.
                            I think they are doing OK with what they have, but they're a ways away from having the quality depth it takes to be the beast of the MIAA. That's still NW.

Comment

I think MW will be the most speed Pitt has faced on offense.

These 2 played last year, but both teams had a lot of guys out with covid, so it doesn't tell us much.

These games hot really chippy under Beck. Will be interesting to see if the team has better discipline under the new staff.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X