Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josh Lynn

Anyone hearing anything about him to Nebraska?

Comment

Go Bearcats!
      M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

I don't have any inside information, but Lynn has been asked on one if not two of his weekly radio segments about "rumors" or "chatter" involving Nebraska. So that does confirm it's more than one random person's idea that was thrown out.

As for Lynn's response, he kind of downplayed it and mentioned how he's happy at UNK, as you would expect him to say. However, I don't recall him giving a flat out denial of interest or saying that he's definitely not going anywhere.

Lynn and Frost apparently have a fairly close relationship and are in contact maybe more than you would expect for a D1 and D2 coach who don't have a lengthy history together. For that reason, the rumors don't surprise me.

For what it's worth, I believe there was at least a small segment of the New Mexico fan base that threw out Lynn's name as someone they wouldn't mind having when they had an opening a few years ago. So Lynn definitely is highly thought of outside of UNK and D2.

Comment

Originally posted by loper legionnaire View Post
          I don't have any inside information, but Lynn has been asked on one if not two of his weekly radio segments about "rumors" or "chatter" involving Nebraska. So that does confirm it's more than one random person's idea that was thrown out.

As for Lynn's response, he kind of downplayed it and mentioned how he's happy at UNK, as you would expect him to say. However, I don't recall him giving a flat out denial of interest or saying that he's definitely not going anywhere.

Lynn and Frost apparently have a fairly close relationship and are in contact maybe more than you would expect for a D1 and D2 coach who don't have a lengthy history together. For that reason, the rumors don't surprise me.

For what it's worth, I believe there was at least a small segment of the New Mexico fan base that threw out Lynn's name as someone they wouldn't mind having when they had an opening a few years ago. So Lynn definitely is highly thought of outside of UNK and D2.

Comment

Probably depends more on what Trev wants rather then Scott.
            Luck is where Preparation meets Opportunity

Comment

If Lynn leaves it will definitely be bittersweet. You can't blame him for being interested in an opportunity to coach Power 5 football. Who knows if that would ever be an option again? But at the same time, it would be for a very unstable situation with a coaching staff that could potentially be gone by the end of next year.

He's got a good thing going at UNK and the fans and community back him 100%. I'm sure they would understand if he goes, but it would definitely be a punch in the gut just when the program was getting back to a good spot.

Comment

Would Nebraska even have the players for Josh Lynn to be successful in Lincoln? UNK could definitely be a NC contender with Davis improving as a passer and the defense being a little bit better. UNL could just hire Lynn to be the HC after another bad Frost year. I hope he passes on the Cornhuskers.

Comment

Originally posted by mountaineermagic View Post
                  Would Nebraska even have the players for Josh Lynn to be successful in Lincoln? UNK could definitely be a NC contender with Davis improving as a passer and the defense being a little bit better. UNL could just hire Lynn to be the HC after another bad Frost year. I hope he passes on the Cornhuskers.

Comment

this thread is lol
                    Go Bearcats!
                    M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

I'm not a homer for UNK. I just know that Nebraska hasn't done anything since being blown out by CU in Boulder in 2001. It'd be a shame to see an up and coming coach take a risky job with a coach that probably only has one year left.

Comment

The irony would be hilarious if after a bunch of years of bad teams, they hired someone to come in and install the option.

Comment

I'm not a homer for UNK. I just know that Nebraska hasn't done anything since being blown out by CU in Boulder in 2001. It'd be a shame to see an up and coming coach take a risky job with a coach that probably only has one year left.
                          economics

josh lynn probably makes low six figures as it stands

frost is overhauling the offensive staff so he's fishing for position coaches as well as a coord. the former is going to pull in the neighborhood of half a mill. he just hired a guy off orgeron's staff to coach receivers & gave him a 3 yr contract for $600k per. jl would not command that for a similar staff position but would likely quadruple his salary.

& that's assuming he's not looking at him for oc in which case on the low end we're talking $800k per & likely a multi yr deal. his system would work in d1 so its conceivable even if seemingly improbable as he has no d1a head coaching experience nor any obvious recruiting connections to any of the 3 hotbeds for talent (the south, tx, ca).

the prospect of earning life changing $ in one calendar year renders where he'll be coaching 2 yrs from now irrelevant. he's landed 2 d2 hc jobs. with the success he's had in those roles he can certainly get a 3rd one down the road if need be. the other plus is the opportunity to foster d1 connections for other coaching opportunities.

coaching in the same state i'd be surprised if lynn & frost didn't know each other.

the issue isn't whether he'd take the job but rather whether unl would take him.

his name is clearly getting thrown around..........i would have to see it to believe it but stranger stuff has surely happened.
                          Go Bearcats!
                          M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post

economics

josh lynn probably makes low six figures as it stands

frost is overhauling the offensive staff so he's fishing for position coaches as well as a coord. the former is going to pull in the neighborhood of half a mill. he just hired a guy off orgeron's staff to coach receivers & gave him a 3 yr contract for $600k per. jl would not command that for a similar staff position but would likely quadruple his salary.

& that's assuming he's not looking at him for oc in which case on the low end we're talking $800k per & likely a multi yr deal. his system would work in d1 so its conceivable even if seemingly improbable as he has no d1a head coaching experience nor any obvious recruiting connections to any of the 3 hotbeds for talent (the south, tx, ca).

the prospect of earning life changing $ in one calendar year renders where he'll be coaching 2 yrs from now irrelevant. he's landed 2 d2 hc jobs. with the success he's had in those roles he can certainly get a 3rd one down the road if need be. the other plus is the opportunity to foster d1 connections for other coaching opportunities.

coaching in the same state i'd be surprised if lynn & frost didn't know each other.

the issue isn't whether he'd take the job but rather whether unl would take him.

his name is clearly getting thrown around..........i would have to see it to believe it but stranger stuff has surely happened.
                            Neither Lynn nor Frost have enough time to put in a brand new offensive scheme if Frost is looking at him as OC (which I find hard to believe). Frost is holding on by a fingernail to make Nebraska relevant again and overhauling his staff at this juncture seems way too late and a desperate move. Anything less than a winning record and bowl game next year puts him and his staff on the unemployed list, IMO. Would Lynn jump onto that ship just for the money, experience and networking opportunities knowing it could very well just be a year?
                            Go Hounds!
                            B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                            Cyclone Power
                            ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Davis isn't remotely the problem. You better dream bigger for your defense though.
                              Go Hounds!
                              B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                              Cyclone Power
                              ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X