Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obligatory "How's your team gonna do" rank em' thread.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Kiss My Ass;n687596]
    Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
    How about this one, the Mule's record will suck because they play the best teams (NW, Pitt, UNK, Hays) on the road. Combine the under classmen thing with the road schedule and I think we've got something here. Yep, we'll go with that for now.[/QUOTE

Opps, Emporia State should be in that group of best teams that we play on the road. I don't want to offend Reload or Relapse or whatever he goes by. Many posters seem to think that UCO is in that best group, but I'm not seeing it and neither did the coaches or media when polled.
    If you include UCO in that group, it gives you even one more reason!

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

The Lambo hire is baffling to me, but the search committee obviously saw something in him that made them hire him. Maybe you guys should be cautiously hopeful for good things to come a few years from now?

Baffling for sure. As already suggested, the AD is lazy and Lambo, the former OC at UCM, is somebody the AD already knows. I guess that's a good reason to hire him...not. What was the hurry, there couldn't have been a line of schools wanting to hire Lambo as their head coach. How much demand could there be for a coach with a 1-21 record. UNK is lucky he left; the current guy has done fantastic.

What's in it for Lambo? Who else would hire him as head coach, given his HC record. Plus, it's an apparent lifetime job with no expectation of success - see UCM basketball coach.

Comment

[QUOTE=Kiss My Ass;n687596]
        How about this one, the Mule's record will suck because they play the best teams (NW, Pitt, UNK, Hays) on the road. Combine the under classmen thing with the road schedule and I think we've got something here. Yep, we'll go with that for now.[/QUOTE

Opps, Emporia State should be in that group of best teams that we play on the road. I don't want to offend Reload or Relapse or whatever he goes by. Many posters seem to think that UCO is in that best group, but I'm not seeing it and neither did the coaches or media when polled.
        I agree with that last part. I think UCO will improve, but it will probably take a little while.

Comment

Many posters seem to think that UCO is in that best group, but I'm not seeing it and neither did the coaches or media when polled.
          Roll Chos!

Comment

I have swapped around a few teams since my media poll.

1. NW
            I think talent will make up for lack of experience early on. I think the offense will look different l, but be more explosive.
            2. Pitt
            They were the only team (other than Ferris) to outplay NW last year. They are impressive up front and I like Coach BW.
            3. UNK
            TJ Davis is a stud, but I need to see more from their D. All those close games last year make me nervous.
            4. Washburn
            I'm lower than others on them. I think they are the team in the top 4 that could fall much lower.
            5. Hays
            If the defense does what they usually do and Fuller and the O bounces back, I think they could jump into the top 3 or 4.
            6. Emporia
            I like Gleason and that offense a lot. D I'm not so sure about. They are my sleeper team.
            7. UCO
            I trust AD, but I might have them too high here.
            8. Western
            The have a ton of talent, but they can't seem to put it together under Willie.
            9. UCM
            Does Southern finish above them? I think it's a real possibility. Likely a long season.
            10. Southern
            I like Coach Bradley a lot. I think they continue to get better, but can he turn it into more wins?
            11. NE St
            I say they beat Lincoln, but will Eckert keep his job?
            12. Lincoln
            Until the admin puts more into football, who cares?

Comment

Originally posted by washeduptiger View Post

QB Think this is where I'm probably going to be my harshest. Fuller I think is a great arm talent for this league however he took a Major step back in 2021. Doubled his interceptions. Completion percentage had a steep drop from 65->59%. touchdowns from 35->22. For a guy that I think overall there was a ton of excitement for after the 2019 season he really didnt progress. Think part of that was played into by injuries throughout the season as well as playing from behind early in some games but I also think his overall decisionmaking didnt mature as much as one would have hoped. I have hope he makes a big step forward this year but we'll see
              It's a team game. Burchfield comes back after his 'absence' and doesn't even come close to his 2017 form. He went from being honorable mention D2 with over 1,000 yards receiving to dropping every other pass, and not being able to outrun defenders and barely getting over 300 yards (and 120 of that came in game 1). He didn't even average 30 yards a game the rest of the season. Guy was a huge target early on then couldn't be trusted. Fuller options and trust dropped slowly through the season.

Comment

Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post

It's a team game. Burchfield comes back after his 'absence' and doesn't even come close to his 2017 form. He went from being honorable mention D2 with over 1,000 yards receiving to dropping every other pass, and not being able to outrun defenders and barely getting over 300 yards (and 120 of that came in game 1). He didn't even average 30 yards a game the rest of the season. Guy was a huge target early on then couldn't be trusted. Fuller options and trust dropped slowly through the season.

Comment

The UCO "sleeping giant" talk is bs mostly based on all the Adam Dorrell hype. Not saying you over hyped, as you actually voiced more of a wait and see attitude. But hey, here's hoping AD can produce more magic at UCO than he did at Abilene Christian.

Comment

His production is going to have to be there, otherwise there's not much to fall back. Which Coach Brown seems, IMO, a weird approach to backups....he played Voshon Waiters a lot last year, which may have been part of the issue with Fuller getting out of rythm and would come in on 3rd and long after Waiters got tackled for a loss on 2nd down and Fuller then would be forced into making the long throws.

with 4 freshman vying for backup this year....well, it's going to be interesting how Coach Brown finds his spots for backups. And we know Coach Brown will use somebody because that's how he used Fuller as a freshman behind Mezera. Have also heard Fuller may be somewhat injured to start the season with a broken bone in his left, non-throwing, hand.

Comment

Originally posted by RollChos View Post
                      Literally at this level no one knows one year to the next until a few weeks into the season.
                      pfft. there's plenty that's known.
                      Go Bearcats!
                      M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

1. Northwest Missouri - Tradition....
                        2. Nebraska Kearney - QB play and well coached
                        3. Pitt State - Defense was solid last year and expect to be the same this season. Question is can they score?
                        4. UCO - AD knows how to win ball games! May not have all the pieces in place but enough there to compete for a league title!
                        5. Washburn - Won a lot of close ball games last year...
                        6. Fort Hays State - Good talent, just can't seem to get over the hump
                        7. Emporia State - This team is tough to figure out? Won some close ones last year and lost some close ones?
                        8. Missouri Western - Turning the corner but have to figure out ways to win the big games
                        9. UCM - Coach Lambo is a solid guy! Know he had a rough stint already as a head coach but think this time around goes better for him.
                        10. Northeastern State - ummmm
                        11. Lincoln - yeah...

I honestly think this season 4 - 7 and possibly even 8 is a toss up depending on who stays healthy! Pitt St had Northwest beat last year on the road! Out played them the entire first half and kicker cost them down the stretch! Should be another good one between them this season at Pitt!

Comment

Where do you have Mo Southern penciled in at?

Originally posted by Billy_Broncho View Post
                          1. Northwest Missouri - Tradition....
                          2. Nebraska Kearney - QB play and well coached
                          3. Pitt State - Defense was solid last year and expect to be the same this season. Question is can they score?
                          4. UCO - AD knows how to win ball games! May not have all the pieces in place but enough there to compete for a league title!
                          5. Washburn - Won a lot of close ball games last year...
                          6. Fort Hays State - Good talent, just can't seem to get over the hump
                          7. Emporia State - This team is tough to figure out? Won some close ones last year and lost some close ones?
                          8. Missouri Western - Turning the corner but have to figure out ways to win the big games
                          9. UCM - Coach Lambo is a solid guy! Know he had a rough stint already as a head coach but think this time around goes better for him.
                          10. Northeastern State - ummmm
                          11. Lincoln - yeah...

I honestly think this season 4 - 7 and possibly even 8 is a toss up depending on who stays healthy! Pitt St had Northwest beat last year on the road! Out played them the entire first half and kicker cost them down the stretch! Should be another good one between them this season at Pitt!

Comment

Pitt lacks experience at qb and dl.
                            It willbe fun to see what they look like come next Thursday and beyond.

It will have to be a "get better each game" and have no brain fart games kind of season, but I am hopeful that they make the next step and get to the playoffs.

The coaching staff has impressed me so far.

Comment

Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post

His production is going to have to be there, otherwise there's not much to fall back. Which Coach Brown seems, IMO, a weird approach to backups....he played Voshon Waiters a lot last year, which may have been part of the issue with Fuller getting out of rythm and would come in on 3rd and long after Waiters got tackled for a loss on 2nd down and Fuller then would be forced into making the long throws.

with 4 freshman vying for backup this year....well, it's going to be interesting how Coach Brown finds his spots for backups. And we know Coach Brown will use somebody because that's how he used Fuller as a freshman behind Mezera. Have also heard Fuller may be somewhat injured to start the season with a broken bone in his left, non-throwing, hand.

Comment

Originally posted by washeduptiger View Post
                                almost like wildcat personnel that could throw a little more.
                                wildcat formations need to be removed from every play book at every level. the quarterback never ever uses any of the options.

if a team has a run threat quarterback, great! just install a triple option package and actually utilize the threat against the defense.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X