Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FHSU VS NWMSU GAME THREAD - SEPT 1ST, 2022.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post
    Yeah, NW absolutely had that fumble recovery in the end zone ... easily recovered with 3 yards+ to spare. Official was right there. Not sure how he misses that one, unless ... (cheater). :)
    Why no instant replay?

Comment

Originally posted by JR Chaney View Post
      Debate on should there have been 2 seconds on that final play and fumble. The receiver called for a Fair catch and fumbled and recovered by NW.
      Why no instant replay?

Comment

On those two controversial calls with no instant replays ... I thought I heard Coffey (NW radio announcer) say that Wright asked for an instant replay on the fumble recovery with 2 seconds left before the end of the 1st half, but was denied??? Can an official call that? How many instant replays is a coach limited to for a game?

Comment

On those two controversial calls with no instant replays ... I thought I heard Coffey (NW radio announcer) say that Wright asked for an instant replay on the fumble recovery with 2 seconds left before the end of the 1st half, but was denied??? Can an official call that? How many instant replays is a coach limited to for a game?
          One coach’s challenge per game, unless the first is successful. I don’t know what the play was, but since “two seconds” has been mentioned by a couple of people: timing issues are not reviewable because the clock system isn’t part of the replay system they’re using. So if it was a question of whether there should be time left on the clock, they wouldn’t grant that challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

One coach’s challenge per game, unless the first is successful. I don’t know what the play was, but since “two seconds” has been mentioned by a couple of people: timing issues are not reviewable because the clock system isn’t part of the replay system they’re using. So if it was a question of whether there should be time left on the clock, they wouldn’t grant that challenge.
            It is in basketball, right?

Comment

It is in basketball, right?
              Yes. The ball is also more roundish, if that helps. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

Yes. The ball is also more roundish, if that helps. ;)
                Ha, well there you go ... it all makes sense now.

Comment

Did I hear Coffey announce tonite's attendance for a Bearcat Stadium home game at 5000 to kick off the season? Thursday night games ... (meh).
                  Saw on Twitter it was 7,900+

Comment

Think the NW caster said it was a sold out packed house on tv cast however the official number on the box score says 5,794.

Couldn’t tell how full it was based on the camera angles

Comment

Townies’ side was full-decent student turnout but hardly any Hays fans. Lots of SRO people sitting in SW corner under the shades trees

Comment

Originally posted by washeduptiger View Post
                        Think the NW caster said it was a sold out packed house on tv cast however the official number on the box score says 5,794.

Couldn’t tell how full it was based on the camera angles
                        that’s probably about right as far as how big the crowd looked.
                        Go Bearcats!
                        M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

Saw on Twitter it was 7,900+
                          No where close to 7900 there. Student side was pretty empty and there was lots of room in the Sro spots under the trees and end zone seating.

Comment

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post

that’s probably about right as far as how big the crowd looked.
                            yeah I thought I read once that the stands hold 6,500 before the end zone bleachers and with how open it was that is probably pretty close.

Comment

Originally posted by JR Chaney View Post

No where close to 7900 there. Student side was pretty empty and there was lots of room in the Sro spots under the trees and end zone seating.
                              I think a lot of schools put out those phony numbers based on tickets sold, often they are sold through corporate contracts, and not used.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I think a lot of schools put out those phony numbers based on tickets sold, often they are sold through corporate contracts, and not used.
                                Signed Husker Football

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X