Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Common sense solutions. Doesn't BPSU play at 2:30 though? In the late 00s early 10s UCO played more night games.
    Last edited by UCObluejay; 10-12-2022, 09:18 PM.
    Go Bronchos!

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post

yeh. i still cant believe you guys lost that McGuinness game.

coach AD is getting it done though man. i really doubted it but he's putting the people in the seats. the student section has been loud and full...im digging it. seeing more kids there in jerseys which means coaches are taking their kids. he said he was going to play games opposite of OU and OSU so as not to fight for attention and it seems to be paying off.
      I have nothing to do with Guthrie football. All I will say is that I coach secondary football somewhere in the Central part of the state.
      Last edited by UCObluejay; 10-12-2022, 09:33 PM.
      Go Bronchos!

Comment

Originally posted by reloadmvp View Post

Some fan you are. Jimbo would never miss more than 1 game.
        Go find the Hornet people thread. Oh wait there isn’t one since you’re literally the only ESU grad dumb enough to spout your ignorance in public.
        Roll Chos!

Comment

Originally posted by UCObluejay View Post

I have nothing to do with Guthrie football. All I will say is that I coach secondary football somewhere in the Central part of the state.
          your name is deceiving....im guessing somewhere on the southside of okc

Comment

Hey cho people. You gonna hang with the bods this week or play like arse?

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
              They don’t stand a chance.

Comment

first, 4-0 at "the Rich"

overall an underwhelming performance. we didn't seem to have any energy entering the field and it didn't really get much better throughout the game. maybe the team is starting to gel? you always hear about teams not wanting to get too high or too low. I've never agreed with that. Football is an emotional game and you want to stay high energy as long as you're not getting out of control. i don't know. they just never seemed to get amped up but they never got down either. it just felt weird. it was like they were walking through a practice or something.

110 yards in penalties. very angry about some of them too. the personal fouls have got to stop. we've had what.... (probably 4 chop blocks on the season?) 2 hands to the face today, facemask and chop block and a block in the back on an int return for a touchdown. added 14 points for them and took 7 off the board for us initially. at least kept the drives alive that allowed them to score. i think we got a FG out of the TD that was called back.

now that i have been paying closer attention, it's fairly obvious to me that Steph is clearly not trusting some of his receivers. Hes just flat out not throwing to some of the wide-open ones. the only ones Hes throwing at right now seems to be the freshman and sophomores. none of the older kids are getting it. I'm fine with it. if he doesn't trust them to run the correct route and catch it when he throws at them, he needs to go with the ones that He has the confidence in. the freshman "tight end" is phenomenal. i don't think Hes dropped a pass yet. even garbage throws. If they are near him, he snatches them. Delso is doing amazing too. he finds seems and makes things happen as well.

the passing game is looking pretty good. what i would like to see more is Steph pull it down and run for it. he doesn't seem to know when he needs to do it. several times today he had first downs in front of him he just wouldn't pull the trigger and run it. he had at least 6 or 7 yards in front of him when he threw his int hit the dude right in the numbers. he pulls that ball down and scrambles he at least gets 6 out of it and possibly more. we were definitely leaning on the passing game in the first half, and it wasn't even close. seemed like we were passing 3 times to every rush. second half opens and we go full bore run game. don't remember much about the run game except the backs ran hard when they got into the open. still tend to dance in the hole a bit. I'd like to see them hit anything in the hole and run through it. if it's a lineman in the way, he'll learn to get his ass out of that hole. 495 total yards on offense. cant complain much with that. hays isn't what they've been but they still have scholarship athletes. and they show some fight every couple of plays. i think what we've read here is correct, they've given up. which is why I'm kind of disappointed we didn't put more on them. we had plenty of opportunities.
                defensively we looked competent but had some piss poor tackling. trying to knock people down instead of wrapping up by non-starters (now they know why they aren't starters anymore) the hays back was pretty good at getting yardage after contact, but he definitely should have had about 30 yards less than he finished with.
                the two near TDs by FH was a busted coverage and the other was a freaking linebacker trying to cover an inside receiver lol...have no clue where his help was. anyway, live and learn.

FH threw 3 ints and had 1 fumble. i think the starter was hurt. (like the number 2 kid) they had the sophomore in there far more than he should have been. #73....6'7" 375 easily the dirtiest player ive seen in the MIAA since ive been around. slaps to the helmet. choking on a missed punch. hands to the face. THROWING someone on the ground and WWE splash and just lay on the defender acting like he just too big of a fat ass to get up. holding. holding. holding. he got one holding call when the play was going away from him. the key to that is not doing anything wrong when the play is going at you. i get it but he was waaaay over the top. once he realized the flags were not going to come he went balls to the wall.

sidenotes* Oscar kind of celebrated before he crossed the goal line by holding the ball out away from his body. he got a vein popping spit flying ass chewing by AD for it when he got to the sidelines. i freaking love it.

the block in the back on the int return for TD...kid got to the sidelines and everyone on defense got in his face and was busting his balls. he needed to hear it the block happend a minimum of 15 yards behind the play....they tore him up for it. the leaders on the defensive line are holding people responsible. the kid goes out the next series and picks a pass off.
                like i said last week. the climate is changing.

quevedo missing 2 XPs after making FGs of 43,38 and 23 is confusing lol....one of them was blocked but the other? bad snap? i dunno just weird lol

Comment

Originally posted by reloadmvp View Post

mmmhmm

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                    This team seems to play up or down to its opponent. Honestly, I don’t trust them enough yet and I will be picking Washburn this week. After that uninspired performance on Saturday against what should be considered a lesser FHSU team, we don’t have what it takes to get a road win against someone not named Lincoln.
                    Roll Chos!

Comment

• Originally posted by reloadmvp View Post

You better hope we don’t because we own a win over Emporia **** University that says we can take your playoff spot if the opportunity comes.
                      Roll Chos!

Comment

• Originally posted by RollChos View Post

This team seems to play up or down to its opponent. Honestly, I don’t trust them enough yet and I will be picking Washburn this week. After that uninspired performance on Saturday against what should be considered a lesser FHSU team, we don’t have what it takes to get a road win against someone not named Lincoln.
                        yeh. youth is still showing up a lot. we can't afford to overlook anyone like i stated earlier in the season. it almost felt like they were like "meh. this is a 1-win team. we got this"

i really want to be like reloads big *ss and THINK we can beat everyone but we're still not there.

with all of this being said, i STILL think we have 2 wins left in us. a 7 win season is outstanding compared to where we thought we were before the first kick off in MW on Sep 1

Comment

• Hays is down, but they still have tons of talent, especially at the offensive skill positions. That record is deceiving, imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                            Hays is down, but they still have tons of talent, especially at the offensive skill positions. That record is deceiving, imo.
                            For sure, I mean they’re 1-6 but they’re a QB away from at least 2-3 more wins.
                            Roll Chos!

Comment

• Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post

yeh. youth is still showing up a lot. we can't afford to overlook anyone like i stated earlier in the season. it almost felt like they were like "meh. this is a 1-win team. we got this"

i really want to be like reloads big *ss and THINK we can beat everyone but we're still not there.

with all of this being said, i STILL think we have 2 wins left in us. a 7 win season is outstanding compared to where we thought we were before the first kick off in MW on Sep 1
                              I would agree with 2 more wins. You’d like to think we can beat the Mooles on Senior Day. I like us to pull the upset in at least 1 of the next 3.

Just not delusional like reload and going to claim we deserve to be ranked.
                              Roll Chos!

Comment

• Originally posted by RollChos View Post

You better hope we don’t because we own a win over Emporia **** University that says we can take your playoff spot if the opportunity comes.
                                I’m not concerned with your trash ass team. You don’t stand a chance.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X