Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NWMSU @ UNK

NW offense is the key to the game. They need to limit turnovers, dumb penalties and BW’s playing time.

I think NW’s defense can keep UNK in check. They just need to limit big plays and dumb penalties.

I think we fare better vs a run oriented offense than we do a pass oriented offense.

Definitely the game of the year for the Cats. If UNK thinks they can run the ball, they are in for a long day. The real question is whether the Bearcat offense can get healthy this week and control the game.

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
      NW offense is the key to the game. They need to limit turnovers, dumb penalties and BW’s playing time.

I think NW’s defense can keep UNK in check. They just need to limit big plays and dumb penalties.

I think we fare better vs a run oriented offense than we do a pass oriented offense.
      Definitely. The back end of the D is pretty pedestrian, but that front 7 is great.

Comment

I know it’s cliche, but the playoffs start now for NW. Win out, finish 9-2, in 2nd place in the MIAA and have a shot at a 6/7 seed. Lose any one of the next 3 and (outside of a bowl bid) they’ll be turning in equipment before Thanksgiving for the first time in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by GoCatsGo5 View Post
          I know it’s cliche, but the playoffs start now for NW. Win out, finish 9-2, in 2nd place in the MIAA and have a shot at a 6/7 seed. Lose any one of the next 3 and (outside of a bowl bid) they’ll be turning in equipment before Thanksgiving for the first time in a long time.
          Actually, NW got into PO mode 2 weeks ago after loss to Pitt St.
          Go Hounds!
          B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
          Cyclone Power
          ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Sort of, but not really…after the loss to Pitt, NW was in a tie for 3rd (really a tie for 4th with the UCO tiebreaker). It took UNK losing a 2nd last week and UCO losing a 3rd game this week to put us back in the legitimate hunt for a playoff spot with NW having the other 2 loss teams still on the schedule…I wouldn’t consider Northeastern OK a playoff game and it didn’t appear the NW offense yesterday was inspired to consider it one either.

Comment

Anyone need a room at Holiday Inn Express Friday night? A friend had a non refundable room he can’t use due to emergency surgery today. It’s HC so rooms may be hard to find. PM me if interested

Comment

I still think if they win out and Pitt wins out, they scrape in with a 7-seed.

Comment

UNK is more one dimensional this year than the last couple, imo. They lack the real threat of a super sure handed TE or true burner at WR that you have to have in an offense like that.

Their defense is pretty good, regardlessof hoe ESU made them look, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                    UNK is more one dimensional this year than the last couple, imo. They lack the real threat of a super sure handed TE or true burner at WR that you have to have in an offense like that.

They were developing a junior college kid, Bailey Torres but he broke his leg vs Emporia State which was a big loss. He was the home run hitter they needed as you pointed out.

Comment

NW held Davis to -17 net rushing last year. Had net 100 in 2019, a loss. I think it's a win if they keep him under 50 this year. If they grind us down the field, it's another 24-20 type loss.

Comment

ESU's offense is a bad matchup for UNK. Pass defense has been the weakness for that side of the ball historically, although the defense as a whole has been better this year. The thing is, they've very much been bend but don't break. Most teams have been able to move the ball between the 25s, but only in the two losses have the opponents been able to pile up points.

Kearney's defense is going to have to continue to bend but not break and probably force some turnovers and set up short fields for the Lopers to have a chance. I can't see the UNK offense regularly driving the field against the Bearcat defense.

Comment

I picked NW this week against my better judgement. As bad as they’ve been this season, I still think they’re the favorites until proven otherwise. When you’ve ran the conference for this long you’ve earned that distinction.
                          Roll Chos!

Comment

Originally posted by RollChos View Post
                            I picked NW this week against my better judgement. As bad as they’ve been this season, I still think they’re the favorites until proven otherwise. When you’ve ran the conference for this long you’ve earned that distinction.
                            They're a bad matchup for the lopers, imo.

Comment

From my observations, NW is about Q-backs and cornerbacks. If the QB's are healthy, then they can win. If you want to move the ball against them, pick on the corners with quick passes to avoid the sacks.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X