Clear All

• Week 9...Who's the spoiler?

Fort Hays State @ Emporia State
    Lincoln @ Central Missouri
    Missouri Southern @ Missouri Western
    Northwest Missouri @ Nebraska Kearney
    Pittsburg State @ Central Oklahoma
    Washburn @ Northeastern State

One of UNK or NW has no glimmer of hope after this week.

Can Hays shock the world and ruin the bugs season. Will UCO beat Pitt and ensure the MIAA only gets one team or less in. Screwing the entire conference?

Southern and Western is a promising matchup that would be a fun watch for anyone looking for something to do.

Bods and goalpost combined to be Pitt's spoiler last season.

Comment

Goal post 'blocked' a 'Bod PAT last Saturday!

Comment

Man, some dude at the PSU game last Saturday was super critical of our missed 50 yard field goal. There aren't a lot D2 kickers with the leg to make a 50 yard FG, but I am not going to fault a kid for missing it with the wind the way it was. Cross is good, but those are tough conditions.

Comment

Looks to me like UNK and UCO have the best chances as both are home, UCO is undefeated at home and UNK has beaten NW at Kearney before (2019?).

UCO will have to play better than they did at Washburn. UNK will have to go the the air to have a chance against NW's D.
          Last edited by NW Normal; 10-24-2022, 08:22 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

After watching Washburn two weeks in a row, I'm impressed with the play of Letcher. NW doubled teamed him and sacked Simoncic 7 times. While Lectcher didn't burn UCO's Zone D deep, he did score on a 12 yard run from a direct snap and on a 70 yard punt return. He's a gamer. Here he is against NW.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
              Man, some dude at the PSU game last Saturday was super critical of our missed 50 yard field goal. There aren't a lot D2 kickers with the leg to make a 50 yard FG, but I am not going to fault a kid for missing it with the wind the way it was. Cross is good, but those are tough conditions.
              pfft. i usually assume they'll miss them from that far out unless i know who the kicker is
              Go Bearcats!
              M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post
                Looks to me like UNK and UCO have the best chances as both are home, UCO is undefeated at home.

UCO will have to play beater than they did at Washburn. UNK will have to go the the air to have a chance against NW's D.
                UCO hasn’t played anyone as good as Pitt at home. Honestly, I’m just looking to see how AD gets the guys to respond after that shellacking at Washburn. It would be easy for them to just give up and lay down for the rest of the year.
                Roll Chos!

Comment

Originally posted by RollChos View Post

UCO hasn’t played anyone as good as Pitt at home. Honestly, I’m just looking to see how AD gets the guys to respond after that shellacking at Washburn. It would be easy for them to just give up and lay down for the rest of the year.
                  I see what you're saying; however, they did beat both Emporia and NW at home. Pitt just barely beat NW in the jungle. Let's hope they do bounce back! I wonder if the 6 foot five Brown suffers from bus legs when they travel? He sure runs better at home.

Comment

After watching Washburn two weeks in a row, I'm impressed with the play of Letcher. NW doubled teamed him and sacked Simoncic 7 times. While Lectcher didn't burn UCO's Zone D deep, he did score on a 12 yard run from a direct snap and on a 70 yard punt return. He's a
                    Is your new Profile picture a dumpster fire?

Comment

I see what you're saying; however, they did beat both Emporia and NW at home. Pitt just barely beat NW in the jungle. Let's hope they do bounce back! I wonder if the 6 foot five Brown suffers from bus legs when they travel? He sure runs better at home.
                      That wasn’t Emporia that they beat. We didn’t show up. We handed them that win. Straight facts homie hahaha.

Comment

The true ‘spoilers’ are the 2nd/3rd place teams in the GAC/GLIAC/GLVC. A 2nd place 9-2 MIAA team won’t make the final 7 if the ‘wrong’ teams win in the other 3 SR3 leagues.

Comment

After watching Washburn two weeks in a row, I'm impressed with the play of Letcher. NW doubled teamed him and sacked Simoncic 7 times. While Lectcher didn't burn UCO's Zone D deep, he did score on a 12 yard run from a direct snap and on a 70 yard punt return. He's a gamer. Here he is against NW.
                          Letcher has been doing that for what seems like 20 years.

Comment

is that a civil war reenactment?
                            Go Bearcats!
                            M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Brown worries me. The MW QB gouged Pitt pretty badly with his legs for 2 quarters before Pitt figured out to stay at home on him.

Pitt also still has a mountain of injuries, but young players have really stepped up so far.

I want to see Pitt put all 3 phases together for 4 quarters. They are running out of chances to do that.

I think NW will definitely spoil NKs season. I like Pitt's chances down there in "pay to drive on the worst roads in the US" land, but UCO has a great front 7 and could definitely pull one out.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X