X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pitt state player transferring

Wanted to share this and get everyone’s thoughts on the matter

https://twitter.com/dmcg1ll/status/1...EVGP-mNaA9u-bQ
    Last edited by IfYouAintLope; 11-18-2022, 01:53 PM.

I read about this. Not sure what to think. I assume there will be an investigation. The written accusations are pretty serious.

Comment

Doesn't look good at all. Hopefully it is handled properly succinctly.

Comment

nothing happens in that video. wait & see.

assume every malcontent on the twitter will come in & dunk on pitt while they have to stay silent investigating in good faith.
        Go Bearcats!
        M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

kinda tough to go against the video evidence. kid talked to someone about it I'm assuming? judging on his film after TDs id say hes a sh*t talker and they likely are done with it lol.

​​​​​​ i personally find it a little hard to believe almost an exact year after he transfers from Minnesota, He's transferring out of Pitt for this reason. he did say it's been going on for a while but this day and age, hardly anyone gets away with that without SOMEONE saying something to the teammate. my guess is he's a jerk. you guys know players or staff at pitt state. i bet theyll tell you a lot of people disliked him.

most high school football players out of Texas get to northern schools and show their ass because...as you know, Texas football is the best in the country. right? second, because he was a three-star Texas player. third because he played QB in high school and was being asked to play WR. feels like Hes too good for that. 2018(when he was the starting QB, mesquite went 5-5) the following season when He's nowhere to be found on ANY roster at all, mesquite goes 9-4 deep into the playoffs.

so, an interesting tidbit. I couldn't find him anywhere in Texas before that 2017 season when he was a sophomore. i saw where he had altus listed somewhere. so, i searched Altus high schools' roster and it shows in 2017-18 roster hes at Altus high school in Oklahoma and also listed as a QB on Mesquites roster. transferred in mid-season? ok. maybe pretty common. 2018-19 Hes the starter at mesquite high school Texas (just going off stats). apparently just sits out a year (his senior year after he was the starter all season) and then ends up on Minnesota's roster the following year. a year later he transfers to PITT where he ultimately announces Hes in the portal again. that's 5 teams in 4 years. everyone picking on him? or is it him? where there's smoke, there's usually fire.
          although the video shows that kid being a dick, I'm sure there's more to the story.

(just read on his twitter feed where he moved to Altus from Dallas 5 years ago. so.... he stayed at Altus a year as well)
          Last edited by jimbo slice; 11-18-2022, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Most concerning thing in the video for me is assistant coach dabbing him up afterwards.

Teammates will have conflict. Sometimes teammates will just suck.

Coaches that encourage this outward and unhelpful display of resentment and contention between teammates aren't doing their team's culture any favors.
            Cool Story Bro

Comment

that video could easily be a kid screwing around. you are inferring context into it that hasn't been proven itt b/c of a tweet. he didn't kick him, he pretended to & either grazed him or didn't touch him at all, can't tell for sure from that far away.

bullying (?) or hoseplay (?) being framed differently now that it didn't work out b/c he obv wasn't hurt in the video.
              Go Bearcats!
              M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

This is a nothing burger. 18 year old scout teamer f'ing around. This kid brings up Virginia, since it is a hot topic. Good luck in the transfer portal 2x

Comment

Bruh…. Now I understand the second portion of his message about the killings and if that’s true they took it a little far. But do you know how many jabronis got beat up on the practice field. Verbal abuse, this is football. If you can’t talk **** and get hit, go home. Call it toxic if you want. Idgaf. There is a difference between competing and getting physical and verbally discussing that confrontation and actually “abusing” someone. Damn if this ain’t the most 2022 Gen Z, tooth fairy **** I’ve heard yet.

again, if it was actual abuse I think there is a clear line that is easily determinable and of course that’s wrong. But if it’s just normal **** talking and competing. Just quit football man, the sport ain’t for you. What the hell are we going to have left after these pillow munchers are finished. QB Won’t even be able to say “set hit” because that demonstrates an act of violence against his fellow man on the other team. Kickers won’t be able to kick the ball because, what did the ball ever do to them.

Comment

So.
                    Who made the video?
                    How did the afflicted party come to possess it?
                    And what is the chain of custody between the two?

You were concerned with our “thoughts “..

Comment

I’d imagine there will be some sort of investigation into this. Hopefully if there’s something egregious it’s handled quickly and effectively.

My only addition to this is it seems interesting that he’s been in the portal for weeks and he decides to make this announcement 3 days before playoff game.

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post
                        Most concerning thing in the video for me is assistant coach dabbing him up afterwards.

Coaches that encourage this outward and unhelpful display of resentment and contention between teammates aren't doing their team's culture any favors.
                        Well said. That was a bizarre and disappointing moment.

Comment

The written part is very concerning.

The video is nothing. Any conclusions drawn from that were already in your head before watching it.

Comment

Originally posted by optionright View Post
                            So.
                            Who made the video?
                            How did the afflicted party come to possess it?
                            And what is the chain of custody between the two?

You were concerned with our “thoughts “..
                            It looked like a huddle video from practice. He likely downloaded it while he had access. Knowing he would “need” it.

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post

Anybody in PITT know if it was a coach or just a GA. Aka, a player from last year that graduated or even a “volunteer”. A.k.a a player from recent years.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                              The written part is very concerning.

The video is nothing. Any conclusions drawn from that were already in your head before watching it.
                              You’re right, I already had preconceived notions about your program hahahaha. I kid. I kid.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X