Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I remember about this time last season the Mule faithful were bemoaning the Lamberson hire. ;-)

Comment

• RC usually has moments he steps away.

We're still here and ready to catch the cats.
      Go Bronchos!

Comment

• Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

He is probably still around lurking for sure, but doesn't really have much to say anymore. Not even a "congrats on your upcoming win"
        How long have y’all been dating?

Comment

• Originally posted by UCObluejay View Post
          RC usually has moments he steps away.

You still here and ready to catch the cats.
          Fixed it.

Comment

• *You're
            Go Bronchos!

Comment

• It's a long ways to Hays. I think UCO players can match up physically with the Tigers. They have not played consistently all four quarters when on the road. If they get that consistency Saturday, especially on defense, the game could be decided by a field goal late. 24-21 Bronchos

Comment

• I think the Tiger gunslinger QB will be the difference either way. He could either decimate them deep and Hays wins big, or he could throw 4 picks and lose it for them.

Honestly, he will likely do a little of both.

Comment

• What has happened to the flying Jimbos?

Comment

• He lost his wings

Comment

• In Edmond getting ready for the game. Senior day for 8 players and Military Appreciation Game. Beautiful day for the Bronchos to take on the Ichabods. Roll Chos!

Comment

• *update: we signed 60 and maybe 1 more today. it'll take me a bit to look over these dudes lol* official count is 62

christmas eve for college football. for me, best time of the year second only to the first kick off. ill add as the names come in.

huge changes for UCO this off season. Lechtenburg (DC), sanders(DL) and MCguire(DBS) are all gone for the 24 season.
                        Cody Swanson (emporia kansas kid) is the new Dline coach. with a new LB coach and a DB coach or two named later. i can only assume the staff knows who they are at this point but wont be named until the ink is dry on signing day.
                        i like Swanson. he and loporto spent a bit of time talking to us in our several visits with emporia. kids will like him and i think he'll be no nonsense which i think we were missing last season. talented but lacked focus and discipline. i assume that was why decisions were made.

*of note, UCO has reportedly picked up 3 of the starting 6 all state linebackers this year. one of the remaining 3 starters is a junior.
                        with these guys, we have 2 of our starters, 1 redshirt and these 3 that are all state LBs.from Oklahoma. in those same classes, one dropped out from kansas a year ago, one is at osu, one at ou and one at TT and the other left us to chase dreams and is currently at NEO. Dorrel can freaking recruit....

so not sure who all we have signing tomorrow. there are at least 10 kids already on campus all JCs or portal guys. dont know names but ill post them as they come out.

the names i know for sure and have been following for a couple of months now are:

Bradyn Smith 6'1 295 DL Midlothian Texas. all state pretty much was offered by everyone in the MIAA. gonna be tough to move and block i hope. 600lb benchpress record is impressive. even with gear on. im not sure how much a bench press shirt helps these days but....

Hank Puckett 6'2" 225 LB Bixby all-state east linebacker and younger brother of current starting MLB at UCO couple of D1 offers and mulitple D2s

Jett Calmus 6'1" 225 LB Jenks all-state east /tulsa all world team. nephew of OU butkus award winner rocky calmus.

Cannon Wood 6'1 230 LB Piedmont 2X all-state west

David Smithwick 6'4" 275 OL Lincoln Christian

Braden Waters 6'1" DB transfer from NWOSU all GAC player as a freshman

Brayden Darrell 6'1" 220 DL transfer from Lindenwood from Bixby

Braden turner 6'4" 220 TE Edmond North all district all conference

bryce lightfoot 6'2" 250 OL Perkins Oklahoma

Brogan Hardy LB Piedmont Oklahoma

Jett Huff 5'8" 190 QB College Station RS FR transfer from Houston U
                        UCM fans will love this. If you know the name, it's because you guys put his dad in the UCM hall of fame in 2019. kicker for you guys in the 80s. still holds the NCAA record for FGs in a single game.

Braden Waters 6'1" 195 DB NWOSU transfer. Soph who was the only mention as an all-GAC player on a terrible NWOSU team. i wonder if Jerry Glanville had anything to do with this one taking over as DC.

not sure how many are still on the team. i know of some cuts. I'd bet their days are numbered if the coaches don't see something they like. 16 Dbacks this signing day. I'd say they weren't very happy with the play of the dback field. lol. 5 JC kids + waters from NWOSU 11 high school.

9 Dlineman 2 JC guys 7 high school. serious depth issues here. after some cuts and a medical retirement there are only 7(maybe 8) linemen left from last year's team with one of those having redshirted last season. 3-3-5 defense helps here. if what i hear is true, its going to be tough keeping the fireplug from midleothian (again, a 600lb bench is tough TOUGH) off the field.
                        Last edited by jimbo slice; 02-07-2024, 07:36 PM.

Comment

• Jimbo nice gets on your lbs. Now it's up to coaching them up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wallst View Post
                            Jimbo nice gets on your lbs. Now it's up to coaching them up.
                            right. unfortunately, mums the word on who the LB and DB coaches are. i suspect we'll know in a couple of days now that signing day is over.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post

right. unfortunately, mums the word on who the LB and DB coaches are. i suspect we'll know in a couple of days now that signing day is over.
                              Was it a house cleaning, or did they move on for better jobs?

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Was it a house cleaning, or did they move on for better jobs?
                                that's a great question. my opinion is the defense wasn't up to snuff. they were given two seasons and they seemed to regress. 3-3-5 then to the 4-2 back to the 3-3-5 by the end of the season...well, you get the idea.

the official word is lech went to be a header at a school in Mississippi. sanders took over a high school in texas and the DB coach took a position job at marist.

im not too sure about that with at least two of them.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X