Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by washeduptiger View Post
    NSU and Lincoln are dumps. MWSU last time I step foot in there was a dump but believe they’ve revamped heavily. Never been to MOSO. Otherwise everyone in the conference has fairly nice facilities compared to most at this level. Pitt is probably in the lead but I’d say NW isn’t far behind.

Southwest baptist and Truman were also dumps back when we played there. South Dakota school of Mines — I played at nicer fields in middle school — in front of more people too.

Lindenwood had a very unique stadium that I actually liked a lot. That place would’ve been rocking back when they were dominating NAIA.
    Moso has improved a little, but it's still not great, but not a dump like it used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Pure cool View Post
      When all is said and done, it's how a team brings in fans to fill a stadium. Pitt State WINS. All the other stadiums were empty compared to Pitt State. You can have a sexy stadium, but if you can only fill it to 20% capacity, it's not that sexy.
      Pitt atmosphere isn't what it used to be. Now they sell 100%, 35% show up and they refund the corporate buyers for tickets they didn't use.

I hope the atmosphere comes back, but it is definitely not the same under Jim Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by RollChos View Post
        Shocked he picked Richison over Carnie Smith. My thoughts were mostly how god awful some of these venues around the league are. Lincoln looks like a prison in those shots.
        The state high school track meet is held at Lincoln. I assume the central location is the main reason. The place isn't great, but it's not as bad as depicted in the video.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post

The state high school track meet is held at Lincoln. I assume the central location is the main reason. The place isn't great, but it's not as bad as depicted in the video.
          I would hope that is the reason. I think any of the other D2 schools would be a better option. If we are just talking aesthetics.
          Roll Chos!

Comment

The state high school meet is actually at Jefferson City high school... right next to Lincoln. It's a little sad that the high school has better facilities than the college.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

The state high school meet is actually at Jefferson City high school... right next to Lincoln. It's a little sad that the high school has better facilities than the college.
              The track meet used to be at Lincoln, but then again, the last one I attended was probably in 2008. The facility seemed fine as far as the events go, but the seating capacity seemed strained. Maybe that's why they moved the state track meet across the street to Jeff City High School. Any guess as to when they moved it from Lincoln to JCHS?

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Yeah. I've only been to Pitt, ESU, WU way back in the NAIA days, MoSo, and NSU. I can't really speak to any of the others.
                That said, it's the atmosphere that makes the stadium, imo.
                I've been to PSU, ESU and all the Oklahoma D2 stadiums. PSU was by far the best small college atmosphere I've experienced. I love what UCO, my alma mater, has done but I can only hope that one day we can reach the game experience that PSU has. I tip my hat to PSU and the fans for their level of support. I'm taking my wife there in November so she can see what I've been talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by briansperry1998 View Post

I've been to PSU, ESU and all the Oklahoma D2 stadiums. PSU was by far the best small college atmosphere I've experienced. I love what UCO, my alma mater, has done but I can only hope that one day we can reach the game experience that PSU has. I tip my hat to PSU and the fans for their level of support. I'm taking my wife there in November so she can see what I've been talking about.
                  Hopefully the atmosphere comes back this year. It has deteriorated quite a bit.

Comment

The biggest problem I see at modo is the sightlines are bad. The problem with a lot of bowl stadiums is that the stands are very far from field or toe low. Especially if your track is in the way. (That is not always Henderson state is in a bowl and doesn't have that problem ). Besides that moso isn't a bad stadium

Comment

The track meet used to be at Lincoln, but then again, the last one I attended was probably in 2008. The facility seemed fine as far as the events go, but the seating capacity seemed strained. Maybe that's why they moved the state track meet across the street to Jeff City High School. Any guess as to when they moved it from Lincoln to JCHS?
                      I'm sorry, I don't know when it moved... I only knew that because I have a daughter that has ran down there the last 2 years. They pack the place, but I guess when you're doing 3 classes at once, that'll happen.

Comment

The track meet is now across the street at Jeff City High School. A tornado rolled through that area a few years back and severely damaged things. Jeff City High School bought up a bunch of property, rebuilt some facilities and expanded their footprint with new facilities (a designated soccer field and baseball field for sure not sure about tennis.)

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
                          There's an Australian fellow who runs a YouTube channel called "The Wide World of Stadiums" - covering a wide variety of sports from around the world - who just dropped a video featuring the football stadiums of the MIAA:

https://youtu.be/T9cUkP4DzWI

He has previously done videos highlighting the Gulf South and NSIC football stadiums (those links are in their respective sub-forums).
                          As a dad of a USF player I am excited to go down to Carnie Smith to watch the Coo and Gorillas duke it out. Probably won't like the outcome but excited for the visit

Comment

Originally posted by USFIllini View Post

As a dad of a USF player I am excited to go down to Carnie Smith to watch the Coo and Gorillas duke it out. Probably won't like the outcome but excited for the visit
                            I'm excited for the first noncon game in forever.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X