Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washburn at Pitt game thread.

1 day away.

I know the bods plan to run it more and have more balance than the last few years. The WU OL with 5 Seniors will be a great test for Pitt's new look DL.

It will be interesting to see how well the transfers work out at OL and WR for Pitt.

I think Pitt gets to see Simoncic for the first time this season, too.

I expect a tough game with some sloppiness.

We are a little less experienced this year. Wright pushes discipline and focus. I think the last 3 years of football has shown a drastic decline in mental errors and pre-snap penalties. Hopefully that translates into a tough but never in doubt win. Opening at Kearney last year, was probably a lot tougher of a start than this year.

Comment

I also wonder how seamless the DC transition will be? Will we see the same philosophy and schemes as the last 2 years, or if there will be big changes?

Comment

I was just mentioning that in another thread. I hope the second half Defense is more agressive.

Comment

I interested in seeing the defensive adjustments during and at halftime. Coach Anthony did a marvelous job with it last year I hope this DC has the same ability.

Comment

Hopefully the offense will put up a ton of points to let the Defense get its footing.

Comment

I wanna see a lot more physicality from the OL. We need to be able to run the ball inside the 5 yd line and score a TD instead of kicking a damn FG.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                1 day away.
                The WU OL with 5 Seniors will be a great test for Pitt's new look DL.

I expect a tough game with some sloppiness.
                Nothing about Washburn will be a “great test” for Pitt. You are probably right about the sloppiness though. Week 1 is usually a bunch of turnovers and penalties working out the kinks.
                Roll Chos!

Comment

Pitt game notes
                  https://pittstategorillas.com/news/2...-thursday.aspx

Comment

Washburn game notes

https://wusports.com/news/2023/8/28/...urg-state.aspx

Comment

» "The Ichabods are 1-0 on Aug. 31 all-time with the lone win coming at Northeastern State in a 31-7 win in 2017."
                      Of all the pointless facts to print in game notes....

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
                        » "The Ichabods are 1-0 on Aug. 31 all-time with the lone win coming at Northeastern State in a 31-7 win in 2017."
                        Of all the pointless facts to print in game notes....
                        I like the "bus ride home will be much more fun" bullet point.
                        Last edited by Predatory Primates; 08-31-2023, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
                          We are a little less experienced this year. Wright pushes discipline and focus. I think the last 3 years of football has shown a drastic decline in mental errors and pre-snap penalties. Hopefully that translates into a tough but never in doubt win. Opening at Kearney last year, was probably a lot tougher of a start than this year.
                          The youth isn't as scary knowing that a few true frosh saw game action and even starts last season without much if any drop off.

Comment

That is a definite plus side. I know that, so far Wright has had teams ready to go for W1. I expect very little sloppiness. just the unknown of the skill positions, and DLine that is all basically brand new.

Comment

5 hrs 37 minutes

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X