Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lincoln Blue Tigers vs NW Bearcats ... So Frickin' Curious About This Game

Don't think I have EVER been interested in a Lincoln vs NW matchup when it comes to Bearcat football. This season is a bit different. My curiosity has the best of me and, unlike past years, my eyes will be glued to the screen. Most all the coaching issues for this NW team are already being hashed out in other threads. For this game, I want to see how our NW secondary responds this weekend. Last year Lincoln had some fun with this Bearcat team to explode for a couple long TD passes for over 60+ and 50+ yards, including one that jumped the Blue Tigers out to a 7-0 lead. Not sure when that has ever happened. But, when it came to that 2022 season, I don't think I have ever seen our secondary exposed giving up more BIG pass plays all season long than since I came back to Iowa in 2002 and started following Bearcat football. Too lazy to look it up, but might that be true? Now, we're three game into this 2023 season and its getting ugly again. Not wanting to relieve any responsibility for the Bearcats struggles from the hands of OC Sturdy and OL Coach Cunningham ... goes back these past 3 years. Everyone wants to jump on OC Sturdy which is well-deserved, but I see alot of Cunningham issues. I don't think I have ever seen our QB's being chased out of the pocket so much these past 2 years and now going into this 2023 season as I have in previous years. I'm not looking for an upset this weekend ... please no, but I think our biggest challenge this weekend is looking square in the eyes of our secondary. HC Wright and Bostwick simply aren't going to allow the NW DL and LB's to be exposed. Every other facet of the game seems to be a question mark. I get it's only Lincoln, but still never been more interested in this matchup for these Bearcats than this time around. Our NW Bearcats really need this game to click on all cylinders before their matchup against Lambo's Mules the following weekend. Dear Lord, I hope this is the last time NW has Lincoln on their schedule ever again.
    Last edited by ZubCat81; 09-21-2023, 10:56 PM.

I pray Lincoln gets its first win against NW. lol

Comment

Originally posted by reloadmvp View Post
      I pray Lincoln gets its first win against NW. lol
      If they pitch the upset then there needs to be a housecleaning; as has been pointed out in the FRW thread, if you lose to Lincoln you’ve really reached rock bottom.

Comment

Relax…Lincoln is another level of terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by lleachieshusband View Post

If they pitch the upset then there needs to be a housecleaning; as has been pointed out in the FRW thread, if you lose to Lincoln you’ve really reached rock bottom.
          I don’t think an upset happens — but if the offense doesn’t come out and look smooth you’d have to wonder if something happens. Firing mid season in D2 I’m sure is nearly unheard of because you normally don’t have someone behind to run the show but that offense had no rhythm and to be honest it reminded me of my Hays the last couple years — they almost expected to come up short which is shocking from a team that had a playoff win last year. I’m a closet bearcat fan so I hope they figure it out the rest of the way.

Comment

Pffffft.

Comment

this thread is absurd.
              Go Bearcats!
              M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

The fact that there is even a thread speaks volumes. In prior years it was; "We'll be up by a lot early so we will get a chance to play our young players." Will that be the same this year? Will NW's starters have to play an entire game? These are all valid questions given the performance of NW thus far this year.

Comment

I too am very intrigued by this game. Not at all because I think Lincoln can win. But rather, I am interested to see how close Lincoln can keep it. How bad has NW actually sunk this year? This is the test. If NW doesn't win by 35 or 40 points it's going to be ugly. Lincoln has a few players who have some talent. So if the door opens I could see them having a somewhat competitive game and hang with NW for at least a little bit. I will say a series I have always wanted to see was Lincoln Mo vs Lincoln PA (and now Lincoln CA) Imagine it... 3-weeks, 3 games who's the better Lincoln? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
                    this thread is absurd.
                    So is the almighty bearcats being 1 - 2 and easily could have been 0 - 3. For some of us old timers, that is the NW football we knew or was it even football since we all know who invented football.

The bigger question is this; "Will Mel pull a Bill Snyder and come out of retirement to resurrect a once proud football program that they built?"

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla John 92 View Post

So is the almighty bearcats being 1 - 2 and easily could have been 0 - 3. For some of us old timers, that is the NW football we knew or was it even football since we all know who invented football.

The bigger question is this; "Will Mel pull a Bill Snyder and come out of retirement to resurrect a once proud football program that they built?"
                      He would have to step down from being on NW’s Board of Regents first.

Comment

Originally posted by lleachieshusband View Post

He would have to step down from being on NW’s Board of Regents first.
                        I don't think that would be an issue if he wants to coach again. Heck, they might even make an exception for him. He can be on the Board of Regents and Head Football Coach. Didn't the president in reality report to him all those years? What's the difference now other than one's titles? (I'm joking by the way)

Comment

Originally posted by psugorilla View Post
                          I too am very intrigued by this game. Not at all because I think Lincoln can win. But rather, I am interested to see how close Lincoln can keep it. How bad has NW actually sunk this year? This is the test. If NW doesn't win by 35 or 40 points it's going to be ugly. Lincoln has a few players who have some talent. So if the door opens I could see them having a somewhat competitive game and hang with NW for at least a little bit. I will say a series I have always wanted to see was Lincoln Mo vs Lincoln PA (and now Lincoln CA) Imagine it... 3-weeks, 3 games who's the better Lincoln? LOL
                          Plot twist, ESU, MOSO, and Hays are on another level this year and NW isn’t actually down at all.

Comment

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
                            this thread is absurd.
                            +1000 there has been some ridiculous discussion over the years…this tops them all.

Comment

they moved ko up to noon to get the game in prior to anticipated weather.
                              Go Bearcats!
                              M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X