Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I think ESU should have run Gleeson more. Pitt gave him the pocket all day and rarely spied him.

That's the one thing I think they could have done differently in the 1st half.. Pitt LBS were getting PBUs and monster hits all day. That might have kept them a little more honest.
    I thought we spied him much of the second half. But the spy was giving plenty of space.

Comment

I think ESU should have run Gleeson more. Pitt gave him the pocket all day and rarely spied him.

That's the one thing I think they could have done differently in the 1st half.. Pitt LBS were getting PBUs and monster hits all day. That might have kept them a little more honest.
      Yeah I think Gleason is using his feet a bit more this year but don’t have stats to confirm that. QB run game has not been a staple in Emporia’s offense for awhile now. There have been times this year when I am thinking he might pull the ball on a zone run and take off but it hasn’t happened yet. He is fairly undersized and absolutely critical to the success of that offense so I understand why they don’t want to design runs for him.

I really think that the way they officiated that game, letting DBs be very physical, actually helped Pitt’s defense. ESU has always had their biggest struggles against teams that abuse WRs all game.

On the flip side ESU secondary was pretty undersized compared to Pitt’s pass catchers. Garrison is a matchup nightmare.

Comment

• Originally posted by CharlieHustle View Post

Yeah I think Gleason is using his feet a bit more this year but don’t have stats to confirm that. QB run game has not been a staple in Emporia’s offense for awhile now. There have been times this year when I am thinking he might pull the ball on a zone run and take off but it hasn’t happened yet. He is fairly undersized and absolutely critical to the success of that offense so I understand why they don’t want to design runs for him.

I really think that the way they officiated that game, letting DBs be very physical, actually helped Pitt’s defense. ESU has always had their biggest struggles against teams that abuse WRs all game.

On the flip side ESU secondary was pretty undersized compared to Pitt’s pass catchers. Garrison is a matchup nightmare.
        I just wish there was consistency in officiating. You can do all but stab the receiver all game, then they call one out of the blue.

The only officiating problem I saw in this game was the same as every ESU game. Their motion guys cross the LOS before the snap a lot and it's almost never called. They have been getting away with it forever.

Comment

• As far as running Gleeson. It's a known weakness against the pit D. UCMs qb is slow and I think he ran for more yards against Pitt than any whole team has done. I think Davis did too.

Knowing that, I was really surprised Higgins didn't have some of that dialed up.

Comment

I just wish there was consistency in officiating. You can do all but stab the receiver all game, then they call one out of the blue.

The only officiating problem I saw in this game was the same as every ESU game. Their motion guys cross the LOS before the snap a lot and it's almost never called. They have been getting away with it forever.
            Wright complained about that during the radio broadcast. I was never in a position to see that, and youd think it would be pretty obvious to the linesman, Whatever, I guess. Pretty plain rule about moving forward before the snap which I thought I saw a few times, but never to the line of scrimmage.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X