Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

That's probably the dirty yella and black glasses you are wearing.
    🗑️

Comment

I'm still not sure about Pitt. The results aren't much different from last year, so far, but here is my honest assessment right now.

The running game is 100 times better, but the passing game has been hit and miss. Nobody outside of Garrison and Katsis has stepped up, so teams can just focus on those 2 and give Pitt fits. The backs are more involved in the passing game, but the qb and OC need to spread it around better. OL is all banged up, and pass blocking hasn't been as good as last year.

The D is still good, but has a lot of young players, and hasn't quite reached that elite level yet. LBS and DBs are still great, but one really good corner is done for the season, and the starting MLB has been out since game 1. Next man up has worked, but they are getting a little thin at those spots. DL is young. They're fast and athletic, but still have stuff to learn. The DC is new, and young, as well. I think there is a learning curve there for him and the players.

Place kicking is much better, but returns have been down since nobody will kick it to Katsis. Punting is a non factor since Pitt prefers to go for it a ton. PR just hasn't been there, and has cost Pitt in a couple of games.

Overall, penalties and mistakes have been more prevalent this year as the team learns to deal with the pressure of expectations and having that target on their backs. I think they have the potential to get there, but have work to do yet.

Comment

Idk about Emporia either.

Comment

Our QB play will need to get better this week. He has to start hitting some throws early.

I don’t think we can just score 3 or 7 points in the first half and not be down a couple of scores. This defense is really good but ESU can score and move the ball and I don’t think we will hold them out of the end zone the first half.

Pitts offense will need to start fast and not get stupid penalties or turn the ball over inside the red zone.

This could be another UCM game where we will need to out score the gnats.

As with most games turnovers and penalties will be huge in deciding this game.

Comment

Ok this is how it will go ESU will show up but the gorillas will ripp them apart.then reload will cry like a baby Pitt will win the miaa undefeated and esu will have 3 loses.

Comment

During the first half, UCM was showing replays, but missing the live play.
              I don't look at the scoreboard much for some reason...unless it's the football in the helmet video or the helmet cars racing video. Now that's exciting!

Comment

Originally posted by MuleBall View Post

I don't look at the scoreboard much for some reason...unless it's the football in the helmet video or the helmet cars racing video. Now that's exciting!
                He is referencing the stream.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

He is referencing the stream.
                  Yeah. The stream. Sorry I didn't clarify.

Comment

If it's at UCM, they will show instant replays so you'll only see every other play at best.
                    Come on that's not true. I noticed only a very few plays where the instant replay briefly interfered with the live action. Damn, the Mules up tempo offense has even made it difficult for the broadcast to keep up.

Comment

Yeah. The stream. Sorry I didn't clarify.
                      You are talking to a Donkey, you have to clarify lmfao.

Comment

I am hoping the Pitt D can limit Emporia and their high powered O. I think Pitt's goal will be to play keep away and turn this into a rock fight.

The way MW and UCO ran on ESU makes me hopeful, but Pitt will need to have some mistake free drives early to keep the bugs on their heels.

Comment

After last week I'm not too confident ESU wins this game without the right game script to fit their match up. Defense has looked good to great at times early in the year but MW may have exposed some weaknesses. I do not think they will play like that against Pitt.

Biggest factor for ESU pulling this one out on the road is their QB. Everyone this year jumped on the ZZ bandwagon and deservedly so but how can you not love the veteran ESU has at QB?

I thought MW QB Edden made some amazing plays to escape pressure but Gleason made just as many and even threw some dimes on some wild scrambles.

Pitt also comes in with a veteran under center and I cannot wait to see these two duel it out.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieHustle View Post
                            After last week I'm not too confident ESU wins this game without the right game script to fit their match up. Defense has looked good to great at times early in the year but MW may have exposed some weaknesses. I do not think they will play like that against Pitt.

Biggest factor for ESU pulling this one out on the road is their QB. Everyone this year jumped on the ZZ bandwagon and deservedly so but how can you not love the veteran ESU has at QB?

I thought MW QB Edden made some amazing plays to escape pressure but Gleason made just as many and even threw some dimes on some wild scrambles.

Pitt also comes in with a veteran under center and I cannot wait to see these two duel it out.
                            Pitt's QB has been pretty iffy all year. Everyone is playing over the top and making him throw the dinks and dunks instead of the deep ball. There has definitely been a learning curve.

Gleeson is thought to be the best QB in the conference by most people. Myself included.

Gets the ball out crazy fast, knows when to run, and doesn't make many mistakes. I kind of hate him.

Comment

We are a little beat up at RB, too. Squire is nursing a shoulder. Hernandez is battling turf toe. OL has been shifting around a lot. We seem to be strong at playing down to our opponents and showing up against the tougher matchups.

We have given up very few sacks, but get hurried a lot. Our WRs struggle to make YAC on the underneath passes. Even for first downs. With Garrison and Katsis demanding so much attention we should be better at it, but aren’t. I’m not overly hopeful we come away with a win.
                              Last edited by GorillaTeacher; 10-02-2023, 02:39 PM.

Comment

We are due for a break out game, though. What better time to have it than at home on what will be a beautiful afternoon game.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X