Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

It would suck and potentially be a black eye for D2, but if there are still so many one loss teams at the end, it could come down to UCM or Ferris. Do you keep the 2 time NC out or?
    Inkblot's latest projection has UCM at #5 in the region.

Comment

Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post

Inkblot's latest projection has UCM at #5 in the region.
      Yes that's as the numbers stand this week. It's not an end of season projection.

SOS will go up and down for various teams. I think Harding taking care of business this week helped smooth the path for UCM.

I think they will probably be solidly in, and maybe even get a home PO game.

Comment

Originally posted by Otis Day View Post
        Making the trip down with the family. For the sake of our football loving toddler and his parents who get to chase him around, I too hope the weather cooperates. Though, maybe the rain can level the playing field a little. Or USF also getting OOC for once can raise their game.

Dissappointing season so far, albeit not completely surprising. Was always a possibilty but we all remained hopeful they'd turn a corner mid-season and snag a few to get above .500. Too much constantly playing catch-up in games. vikingfaithful's summary was spot on. Talent isn't far off but some gaping holes remain. All new staff with >80% freshman/sophomores.

That being said, I may be more looking forward to a new gameday environment and finding the best Pittsburg fried chicken. Open to any chicken and non-chicken food recs for we Coo fans making the drive south.
        Non Chicken places
        Drop the H (Brick oven pizza place and brewery, my personal favorite pizza in town, family friendly)
        Brick + Mortar (Good food, a little more upscale and pricey)
        Toast(Great food, affordable, cheeky)
        Chatters (haven't been there in forever, standard american fare.)
        The Pitt (Bar food, good burgers)
        Happy Family Buffet (My favorite Asian food place)
        The Mall Deli (Pittsburg Staple)
        Jim's Steak House (its okay)
        Kazoku Sushi (good, but thought it was expensive)
        Farmhouse Cafe(Have no comment)
        Shooter's (Good bar food, if they get it right, they can take forever)
        Granny's Chip Chocolate Ice Cream for dessert
        Root Coffee, for coffee before you leave in the morning.
        If youre lookin for breakfast East Side Cafe in Girard.

I offer no opinion of the chicken joints, everyone has a favorite, and if you don't like their favorite youre crazy.

Comment

I can't believe anyone would recommend happy family buffet.

I would add the meat shed and Guadalajara, though.

Comment

I can't believe anyone would recommend happy family buffet.

I would add the meat shed and Guadalajara, though.
            SO GOOD, although the atmosphere leaves people wanting for sure. The PHO is delicious, as is their fried rice. It doesn't need a ton of salt, like bamboo, and I haven't had Lotus in years because it takes too damn long. Happy Family is probably most authentic your'e going to find to east Asian american food in Pitt, though.

I liked guadalajara, except their restaurant smelled like they were having a sewage issue from their bathrooms. That has probably been fixed, since. But my son loves el cabello del oro, so we go there.

I am not sure if you will catch the meat shed open. They have short hours. 10-6 most days, closes at 3 on Saturday. That's why I have never been able to try it...

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post

How real? Quick, somebody crunch the numbers and tell me the Lincoln curse won't have an impact. Wouldn't that be a real kick in the junk.
              It would honestly be an absolute travesty. On the right day UCM is probably as good as anyone in the country, and could make a nice PO run. They definitely are a better team then the likes of Truman

Comment

I actually rode my motorcycle through Pittsburgh, KS in July 2022. Unfortunately I won't be able to make the trip for this game. Sounds like a cool environment to experience, even though our extremely young and inexperienced squad and staff are likely going to get pummeled.

It looks like if I pay a fee I can watch it online?

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post
                  I actually rode my motorcycle through Pittsburgh, KS in July 2022. Unfortunately I won't be able to make the trip for this game. Sounds like a cool environment to experience, even though our extremely young and inexperienced squad and staff are likely going to get pummeled.

It looks like if I pay a fee I can watch it online?
                  https://themiaanetwork.com/?B=592075

Or go to the scores page at d2football.com
                  They usually have a link to the streams for different games.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post

How real? Quick, somebody crunch the numbers and tell me the Lincoln curse won't have an impact. Wouldn't that be a real kick in the junk.
                    The threat of a one-loss team missing the playoffs is very, very real.

https://www.d2football.com/inside-d2football/

Go to the 36:00 mark on the episode with Josh Lamberson.

I also talked about it on the MIAA show last week.

Comment

Yeah. That would be fun. As it stands, SFU is at least an opponent that people might show up to see instead of Lincoln, who I wouldn't even buy a ticket for.
                      Even if USF were winless, it's still more fun playing a new team.

Comment

55-60 and raining for game time tomorrow.

Comment

55-60 and raining for game time tomorrow.
                          I got upper 40’s and rain.

Comment

MIAA really should have found a way to make this game free to stream. I know they want every dime they can get out of D2 fans, but the tradeoff is an opportunity to show off our best gameday to fans up north that are also excited about having a non-conference game.

Comment

GO Coos!

Comment

I miss when the MIAA would get a nationally televised game on ESPN+. I'm not sure if thats going to happen again with the paywall on the MIAA network.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X