3 Pittsburg State 9-1 9-1
    4 Central Missouri 9-1 9-1
    5 Ferris State 7-1 5-1
    6 Ouachita Baptist 9-1 9-1
    7 Missouri Western 8-2 8-2
    8 Davenport 8-1 6-1
    9 UIndy 8-1 8-1
    10 Southern Arkansas 8-2 8-2

Congrats to PSU/UCM for probable 1st round home games. It’d be a shame if EA boots MWSU

Comment

Probably should be pulling for OBU to lose.

Comment

Western put themselves in this position by losing to Northwest. EA bumping a 1 loss team would create a much bigger uproar than a 1 loss EA team bumping a 2 loss team. How ironic is that, losing to Northwest is a "bad" loss that could keep you out of the playoffs.
        Last edited by Randy; 11-07-2023, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
          Congrats to PSU/UCM for probable 1st round home games. It’d be a shame if EA boots MWSU
          MWSU is in if they win and OBU loses to its rival, Henderson (8-2). In that case, UI bumps OBU/HSU. And then MWSU @ Pitt!

Comment

Originally posted by Try II View Post

MWSU is in if they win and OBU loses to its rival, Henderson (8-2). In that case, UI bumps OBU/HSU. And then MWSU @ Pitt!
            Why do you think it would be MW @ Pitt again. If OBU loses, UI likely is in on their own and no earned access. MoWest could just as easily play UCM?

Henderson isn't even in the top 10, why should they leap frog Southern Arkansas?
            If that scenario happens and Davenport loses(which they should). I think the top 4 seeds remain unchanged
            Bye Harding, I think if there was a solid chance for GVSU to overtake HU as #1, they would have put them there already, like they did last week with PItt.
            2-GVSU
            3-Pitt (again)
            4-UCM
            Unseeded
            Ferris, UINDY, Mowest.

Ferris goes to GVSU
            Pitt gets Uindy or Mowest
            UCM gets Uindy or Mowest.

Davenport loses, OBU wins. I think Uindy bumps Mowest.
            Uindy then gets GVSU-(They have to by rule, apparently), or get moved SR1 and play their 2-seed.
            Ferris swaps an SR1 team,
            SR1 Team plays either Pitt or UCM
            OBU plays either Pitt or UCM

Ferris can drive to any team currently in the top 4 in SR1,
            Uindy can drive to any team currently in the top 4 in SR1.
            Uindy can drive to any team currently in the top 4 in SR3.

This way there would only be 1 flight for the SR1 team to Pitt or UCM,
            Ferris likely wins, and can keep driving to SR1, as opposed to making Ferris stay in SR3 and keep flying to everyone, except GVSU in second round.
            The SR1 team likely loses to Pitt or UCM,
            Uindy loses to GVSU

If GV gets the 1 seed, not much changes as Uindy could still drive to Searcy, and we would still probably swap out Ferris with SR1.
            Last edited by GorillaTeacher; 11-07-2023, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

Why do you think it would be MW @ Pitt again. If OBU loses, UI likely is in on their own and no earned access. MoWest could just as easily play UCM?

Henderson isn't even in the top 10, why should they leap frog Southern Arkansas?
              If that scenario happens and Davenport loses(which they should). I think the top 4 seeds remain unchanged
              Bye Harding, I think if there was a solid chance for GVSU to overtake HU as #1, they would have put them there already, like they did last week with PItt.
              2-GVSU
              3-Pitt (again)
              4-UCM
              Unseeded
              Ferris, UINDY, Mowest.

Ferris goes to GVSU
              Pitt gets Uindy or Mowest
              UCM gets Uindy or Mowest.

Davenport loses, OBU wins. I think Uindy bumps Mowest.
              Uindy then gets GVSU-(They have to by rule, apparently), or get moved SR1 and play their 2-seed.
              Ferris swaps an SR1 team,
              SR1 Team plays either Pitt or UCM
              OBU plays either Pitt or UCM

Ferris can drive to any team currently in the top 4 in SR1,
              Uindy can drive to any team currently in the top 4 in SR1.
              Uindy can drive to any team currently in the top 4 in SR3.

This way there would only be 1 flight for the SR1 team to Pitt or UCM,
              Ferris likely wins, and can keep driving to SR1, as opposed to making Ferris stay in SR3 and keep flying to everyone, except GVSU in second round.
              The SR1 team likely loses to Pitt or UCM,
              Uindy loses to GVSU

If GV gets the 1 seed, not much changes as Uindy could still drive to Searcy, and we would still probably swap out Ferris with SR1.
              No one wants to see FS-GV in the first round. Ideally, OBU wins and then you'll have no intraconference matchups (UI @ GV, FS @CM, OB @PS). If HSU wins, then you will.

And, I believe, UNK/CWU are the only school to have moved regions? They say that's an option but believe that when they started doing it more frequently

Comment

That's true, but Ferris cannot come down to any SR3 team without flying. They can go to any SR1 team without flying. After the 1st round, unless they get paired with GVSU they will be flying again, but if they get moved to SR1, they will not be flying anywhere, unless there are upsets. They care less about conference rematches than saving flights. So if Uindy must be paired with a 2-seed, someone is likely getting shipped out, that will probably not win.

Comment

Is 2 each from GLIAC/MIAA/GAC & 1 from GLVC the most likely scenario?

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
                    That's true, but Ferris cannot come down to any SR3 team without flying. They can go to any SR1 team without flying. After the 1st round, unless they get paired with GVSU they will be flying again, but if they get moved to SR1, they will not be flying anywhere, unless there are upsets. They care less about conference rematches than saving flights. So if Uindy must be paired with a 2-seed, someone is likely getting shipped out, that will probably not win.
                    I'm wondering if they ship Ferris out to SR1 anyway. I don't know if they can go to ANY SR1 without flying, but if that's the case, they could be going to SR1. Of course then the question is who gets moved from SR1 and will they have to fly? The dominoes will be falling.

I see Inkblot noted that maybe Augie comes to SR3 and NH goes to SR4. FSU to SR1.. but I don't recall if that leaves Indy at 7.. which they have to be if EA. Should be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

I'm wondering if they ship Ferris out to SR1 anyway. I don't know if they can go to ANY SR1 without flying, but if that's the case, they could be going to SR1. Of course then the question is who gets moved from SR1 and will they have to fly? The dominoes will be falling.

I see Inkblot noted that maybe Augie comes to SR3 and NH goes to SR4. FSU to SR1.. but I don't recall if that leaves Indy at 7.. which they have to be if EA. Should be interesting.
                      I should have been a little more clear. Ferris could drive to anyone currently slated to host in SR1. I didn't dive that much deeper. The top 4 in SR1 are all less than 600 miles away from either UI or Ferris.

Ferris however could not travel to East Stroudsburg, Shepardstown, or Kutztown without flying.

Uindy could drive drive to Shepardstown, but not East Stroudsburg or Kutztown.

I also don't know how specific they are on mileage. Is it from town to town, or address to address? Some may get pretty close to 600.
                      I also don't know how they determine who gets to host if two "unseeded" teams make it to the second round and are slated to play each other.

Comment

Congrats to PSU & UCM…

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X