Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But unlike this year with Lincoln which was a one-year deal this is a two-year situation so you can schedule a home and home. My guess will be at least three or four teams will take a shot especially ones that have playoff aspirations. So I bet you'll see Northwest pitt UCM play a glvc team for the glvc it's an advantage because instead of having to play gliactgdy can have a closer And cheaper game Now want the long-term plans are that is a good question. We have a new president and a new athletic director. Nobody really knows. We want football to be successful cuz it's a great front door for our University. But you can't make your program better if you can't get any wins. I don't know if the LSC is a real option because so much of that conferences so far away from us now. Our closest football school would be Midwestern and that's 4 hours away and it just gets really bad after that it's 6 hours to wtamu. 12 hours to East New Mexico let alone the to Washington and Oregon trip s. GAC is capped at 12. One of our biggest problem is we're way bigger than the Oklahoma schools in the GAC and we're not nearly as well funded as the MIAA. The best fit for us would be the glvc but I doubt if they want a public school in there. Another sports we've done well in niaa. But football's the engine that drives it. The way the article reads it's a 2-year period And then after that it'll be reevaluated. There's always a chance that something could change in conference affiliation before 26. Especially with the GSC in trouble which could see a break up in the GAC. Culturally the two halves of the GAC don't have much in common. Institutional standpoint they have a lot in common. But it is not understatement to say that the Oklahoma schools have struggled in football. I don't think we've seen the end of change in D2

Comment

NW open date is week 8 and NSU is week 9
      If we don’t find a replacement for NSU we’ll skip that home game like we did LU this year
      the MIAA needs to revamp the whole schedule and leave 1st 2 weeks open as the current schedule gives UCM/UCO/UNK & WU a huge advantage in finding a non-conference game.

Comment

Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post
        But unlike this year with Lincoln which was a one-year deal this is a two-year situation so you can schedule a home and home. My guess will be at least three or four teams will take a shot especially ones that have playoff aspirations. So I bet you'll see Northwest pitt UCM play a glvc team for the glvc it's an advantage because instead of having to play gliactgdy can have a closer And cheaper game Now want the long-term plans are that is a good question. We have a new president and a new athletic director. Nobody really knows. We want football to be successful cuz it's a great front door for our University. But you can't make your program better if you can't get any wins. I don't know if the LSC is a real option because so much of that conferences so far away from us now. Our closest football school would be Midwestern and that's 4 hours away and it just gets really bad after that it's 6 hours to wtamu. 12 hours to East New Mexico let alone the to Washington and Oregon trip s. GAC is capped at 12. One of our biggest problem is we're way bigger than the Oklahoma schools in the GAC and we're not nearly as well funded as the MIAA. The best fit for us would be the glvc but I doubt if they want a public school in there. Another sports we've done well in niaa. But football's the engine that drives it. The way the article reads it's a 2-year period And then after that it'll be reevaluated. There's always a chance that something could change in conference affiliation before 26. Especially with the GSC in trouble which could see a break up in the GAC. Culturally the two halves of the GAC don't have much in common. Institutional standpoint they have a lot in common. But it is not understatement to say that the Oklahoma schools have struggled in football. I don't think we've seen the end of change in D2
        NSU will not be on the schedule in 2025, just 2024 if teams can’t replace.

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
          NW open date is week 8 and NSU is week 9
          If we don’t find a replacement for NSU we’ll skip that home game like we did LU this year
          the MIAA needs to revamp the whole schedule and leave 1st 2 weeks open as the current schedule gives UCM/UCO/UNK & WU a huge advantage in finding a non-conference game.
          It sounds like they're doing the same with NSU that they did with Lincoln. Find a game, or you have to play NSU.

Throwing NSU to the wolves may not be possible since they just "took a break" in football only and are still a member in other sports.

Comment

I hope everyone finds games who wants games.

Comment

But unlike this year with Lincoln which was a one-year deal this is a two-year situation so you can schedule a home and home. My guess will be at least three or four teams will take a shot especially ones that have playoff aspirations. So I bet you'll see Northwest pitt UCM play a glvc team for the glvc it's an advantage because instead of having to play gliactgdy can have a closer And cheaper game
              The GLVC will have nine teams with the addition of Lincoln-MO, so non-conference games between the MIAA and GLVC are a possibility. Of course, it takes two to tango, so the interest would have to be mutual. Though, a hypothetical Truman vs UCM (just an example) showdown would be pretty intriguing (William Jewell vs. Washburn, not so much).

One of our biggest problem is we're way bigger than the Oklahoma schools in the GAC and we're not nearly as well funded as the MIAA. The best fit for us would be the glvc but I doubt if they want a public school in there.
              Truman State and Missouri S&T are public schools in the GLVC, not to mention non-football schools UMo-St Louis and Illinois-Springfield. I don't think Northeastern State's status as a public school would be an issue as much as Tallequah being well outside of the GLVC footprint compared to the rest of the league.

Another sports we've done well in [MIAA]. But football's the engine that drives it. The way the article reads it's a 2-year period And then after that it'll be reevaluated. There's always a chance that something could change in conference affiliation before 26. Especially with the GSC in trouble which could see a break up in the GAC. Culturally the two halves of the GAC don't have much in common. Institutional standpoint they have a lot in common. But it is not understatement to say that the Oklahoma schools have struggled in football. I don't think we've seen the end of change in D2
              I'm not so sure the Arkansas schools are going to be jumping at the chance to region the GSC, as the competitive mismatches were part of the reason they left the GSC to form the GAC in the first place (unless I'm misremembering).
              Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

But West Georgia's going fcs West Florida ain't going to last much longer and neither will Valdosta Delta will never be able to go FCS. Eventually Delta and Mississippi college will be looking for a home. You package delta Mississippi college Union and Christian Brothers. The the six Arkansas schools would be foolish not to form a 10 team conf with them. It wasn't the competitive balance as much as the insane travel to Georgia and Alabama. Delta is less than 50 mi away from UAM. In the Arkansas schools held their own comparatively against the others of the GSC Arkansas Tech made the playoffs and football several times as well as Henderson Harding and Ouachita and SAU. That's why they win the GAC formed those second four started and have maintained their dominance over the conference

Comment

Tahlequah is not totally out of the glvc's football footprint. But it is for the other sports. It's a lot closer to the glvc than it is to the LSC footprint.

Comment

Now’s the chance to renew the Hickory Stick game-get to work NW & Truman

Comment

I would love to see that rivalry renewed

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                        I hope everyone finds games who wants games.
                        I wonder if GV and Pitt are talking? I know GV would travel and Pitt traveled this season. I wonder if cooler heads make it work. GV doesn't duck playing a top school and next season would be a great fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

I wonder if GV and Pitt are talking? I know GV would travel and Pitt traveled this season. I wonder if cooler heads make it work. GV doesn't duck playing a top school and next season would be a great fit.
                          Pitt got a home game this year. The whole conference next year is supposed to have an even number of away and home games. NSU was supposed to be a home game. I'm assuming they will fill week 4 with a home game, so they can have more flexibility with week 10. I am a big proponent of being negotiable, as long as you get home and home it all comes out in the wash. Does GV have an off week next year week 10?

Comment

Tahlequah is not totally out of the glvc's football footprint. But it is for the other sports. It's a lot closer to the glvc than it is to the LSC footprint.
                            And I think that's the issue. I doubt that NSU is going to be keen on somewhat frequent trips to Indianapolis or Joliet (Lewis University). Throw in the newest member, Upper Iowa, and that's about a 10 hour trip (similar to Tallequah to Indy). The GLVC introduced a "pod" system for basketball and other sports a few years ago, so that has mitigated some of the travel issues across the league.

Now that I'm looking at a map, NSU does seem to fit in the GLVC's footprint for the most part, with several schools just three hours away in the Springfield area (Drury and SW Baptist), a pair of schools in the KC Metro about 4+ hours away from Tallequah (Rockhurst, William Jewell), though the St Louis schools (Maryville, UMo-St Louis, McKendree) are about six hours away.

But, yes, you're correct in that the GLVC is a much easier footprint to deal with than the LSC (which is one reason why Arkansas-Fort Smith is leaving the LSC for the MIAA next season).

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

And I think that's the issue. I doubt that NSU is going to be keen on somewhat frequent trips to Indianapolis or Joliet (Lewis University). Throw in the newest member, Upper Iowa, and that's about a 10 hour trip (similar to Tallequah to Indy). The GLVC introduced a "pod" system for basketball and other sports a few years ago, so that has mitigated some of the travel issues across the league.

Now that I'm looking at a map, NSU does seem to fit in the GLVC's footprint for the most part, with several schools just three hours away in the Springfield area (Drury and SW Baptist), a pair of schools in the KC Metro about 4+ hours away from Tallequah (Rockhurst, William Jewell), though the St Louis schools (Maryville, UMo-St Louis, McKendree) are about six hours away.

But, yes, you're correct in that the GLVC is a much easier footprint to deal with than the LSC (which is one reason why Arkansas-Fort Smith is leaving the LSC for the MIAA next season).
                              I fear this is the death stroke of their football program. The press release didn't sound too promising about a definitive future.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

Considering GV opened the season with Colorado Mines and CSU-Pueblo, that's a pretty accurate statement (and, not for nothing, but those two RMAC schools were probably tougher than anyone GV faced in the GLIAC not named Ferris State).

Personally, I think the MIAA should remake the 2024 schedule to make things easier for everyone involved, but it's going to be an awkward fit if the schedule stays the same.

Also, keep in mind that, with Upper Iowa moving to the GLVC, the NSIC schools had no problem finding non-conference games (save for Bemidji State). That's not to say that the MIAA schools will find it easier to fill schedules should they choose to do so, but we'll see what happens.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X