• Time
  • Show
Clear All

pretty normal this time of yr.
    Go Bearcats!
    M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post

And the UCM post has as much talk about NW as it does UCM.
      lol, you're right, those guys always manage to horn in on everything. Greenwood Bearcat chummed the water and Bisonfan1 took the bait and now it's a NW / Harding thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post

lol, you're right, those guys always manage to horn in on everything. Greenwood Bearcat chummed the water and Bisonfan1 took the bait and now it's a NW / Harding thread.
        We PSAC fans can relate... IUP fans hijacking threads with nothing to do with IUP and turning it into a de facto IUP thread are almost common on our boards.
        Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
          I also forgot about week 0 being a possibility. I wonder if anyone is holding out for that, or if teams are offering deals worded like "if week 0 happens, we do a h and h. If not, we pay you X dollars to come to our place."
          I believe there are theoretical week 0 agreements already in place for certain programs.

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

We PSAC fans can relate... IUP fans hijacking threads with nothing to do with IUP and turning it into a de facto IUP thread are almost common on our boards.
            In the MIAA it works like this. Start a thread about your team and within a few minutes the NW Bearcats will pick up the scent and move in to flip the script over to everything Northwest. But it doesn't end there, the Pitt State guys also want the spotlight. Here's the recipe: Two parts Northwest Bearcats + one part Pitt State Gorillas, bake for 5 minutes and all mention of the original subject has disappeared.

Last edited by Shanghai Mule; 11-23-2023, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Without nw posters, the whole forum is basically 1-5 people per team from the rest of the schools and the occasional post from Brandon. Oh,, and me talking to myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post

In the MIAA it works like this. Start a thread about your team and within a few minutes the NW Bearcats will pick up the scent and move in to flip the script over to everything Northwest. But it doesn't end there, the Pitt State guys also want the spotlight. Here's the recipe: Two parts Northwest Bearcats + one part Pitt State Gorillas, bake for 5 minutes and all mention of the original subject has disappeared.
                And when we keep talking about our team somehow we are annoying.
                Go Bronchos!

Comment

I posted something on this in the twin NE thread but being the only Oklahoma team in this conference is wierd. I haven't been on the UCO should go FCS bandwagon but I am wondering if there is any room for it? Will UCO compete, hardly in some sports.

Back on topic, so I won't be a hypocrite. I don't know if this will help NSU in the grand scheme of things. Sure they might actually win a couple of games. I am sure it might get some community support (something that won't happen in Edmond even if we won a few natty's.) But will it help NSU recover? They were the stronger program in 2012 when the big expansion happened and fizzled out. Racy keeps talking about expansion, that could throw some issues NSU's way when and if they return. *SILO*
                  Go Bronchos!

Comment

We were the stronger program in the start and the git thrown to the wolves with our first sched and he had four top 10 ranked programs in our first six games. 3 Newscovers all started out with games against each other and Truman and Southwest Baptist. only quote unquote easy games or against Missouri Southern which was having the best season they had in a decade and an emporia for Higgins had just started the rise of that program. So no unk,no Truman , no lide wood, none of the other mid level programs . Still won 4at end 4-6 with upset ucm in our 7th game. With wins over UCO UCM Lincoln and Southwest Baptist. In the next season I think is when we went to that god-awful silos schedule that just killed us Also the coach had taken some shortcuts and program put itself on probation according to a player on squad

Comment

Originally posted by Magic Man View Post
                      How many independents are there in D2 football? Wouldn't that be really hard for them to find games?
                      For practical purposes, none (not counting Northeastern State).

Post University in Connecticut competed as an independent for their first two D2 seasons before joining the NE-10 for football (their primary conference is the CACC).

There are a couple of SR2 school who will compete as independents this season ahead of the launch of Conference Carolinas football in 2025.

But, in reality, NSU is the lone D2 independent football program.
                      Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by UCObluejay View Post
                        I haven't been on the UCO should go FCS bandwagon but I am wondering if there is any room for it? *
                        UCO has money issues in D2.

A move to the GAC is more likely than a move to the FCS.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

UCO has money issues in D2.

A move to the GAC is more likely than a move to the FCS.
                          Don't all of the OK D2 schools?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

UCO move to the GAC is more likely than a move to the FCS.
                            Since NSU went independent, that’s what the talk is in Oklahoma

Comment

There is zero chance uco goes to gac.

Comment

Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post
                                There is zero chance uco goes to gac.
                                Why not?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X